What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23 2018: Non Parra games

Noise

Coach
Cowboys will win tonight, meaning we'll need to smash them in JT's last home game to realise our Top 15 dream. Feldt for a double.

No Talmololo or Matt Scott. No Morgan. And at Shark Park. I reckon Sharks will get them and our top 15 dream will still be very much alive

Gronk

Staff member
Wallabies have lost two lineouts in a row after 6 mins.

#penaltyallblacks

Gazzamatta

Coach
Cant see us avoiding the wooden spoon. Our defence has definitely improved and is now up to NRL standard. Out attack unfortunately is below NRL standard. I wonder if lThe Review" finds this to be an issue.

Kornstar

Coach
Cant see us avoiding the wooden spoon. Our defence has definitely improved and is now up to NRL standard. Out attack unfortunately is below NRL standard. I wonder if lThe Review" finds this to be an issue.

I would imagine the review will turn up that we need a better attacking coach. I don’t think the talent is the problem but the tactics certainly are and there is zero creativity this year which will be addressed imo.

I would imagine the review will turn up that we need a better attacking coach. I don’t think the talent is the problem but the tactics certainly are and there is zero creativity this year which will be addressed imo.
Wouldn't a review be more looking at how a successful footy club is run, rather than at tactics or individual players, or even coaches? I don't see how those conducting the review would even have the ability to assess those things. As you say, they may identify the lack of an attacking coach as a weakness. Or any other areas in which we are lacking. But if the problem is the talent, or tactics, then the review might not do as much as we'd hope.

Kornstar

Coach
Wouldn't a review be more looking at how a successful footy club is run, rather than at tactics or individual players, or even coaches? I don't see how those conducting the review would even have the ability to assess those things. As you say, they may identify the lack of an attacking coach as a weakness. Or any other areas in which we are lacking. But if the problem is the talent, or tactics, then the review might not do as much as we'd hope.

For a successful review i would want all aspects covered. Sure how a footy club should be administered but I’d also be reviewing my skills coaches etc. otherwise you’re stuck with the shut we have.

For a successful review i would want all aspects covered. Sure how a footy club should be administered but I’d also be reviewing my skills coaches etc. otherwise you’re stuck with the shut we have.
Yeah I agree. But the ones doing the review don't seem to have that expertise. Half of them are afl guys aren't they? Anyway, I think to assess those things you'd need them to be the cream of the rugby league crop. And maybe it's not possible to get those types.