What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23: Parra v Storm GAME DAY thread 17/8/18

Gronk

Staff member
If he's not a 6 he's definitely not a 7 then.

He is here next year wether we like it or not, I think the club needs to invest into a quality halves coach. Especially with young Brown coming through as well, Matty Johns is a dick but he seems to be a halves whsiperer. He's helped Cronk and Munster just to name two.

Can’t argue with that.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yes Moses kicking was horrible last night but it also seemed like Moses/Salmon and Norman were struggling with their combination. No one seemed too sure on a few occasions what the call / play was or who was responsible for the play. Off course that could have been Moses fault for not taking charge or the others not sticking to the play. Also Salmon at 19 is going to struggle at times.

hindy111

Post Whore
Line speed. Storm are one metre from you as the ball lands in your hands. The space from this week to last week is enormous.

I noticed that. Sometimes before our hooker released the ball they where only 3 mtrs away in defense

hindy111

Post Whore
Moses gives me the shits. I doubt he will ever become the player we need him to be. We are stuck with him at the moment but unless he steps up I don't see him being a long term solution.

Fair go though
I only watched the first 50mins but the Storm slowed the game down when we had ball and seemed offside all game. We had little room if any.Playing alongside a rookie Hooker and half who aren't taking any control in attack as of yet.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Fair go though
I only watched the first 50mins but the Storm slowed the game down when we had ball and seemed offside all game. We had little room if any.Playing alongside a rookie Hooker and half who aren't taking any control in attack as of yet.
Watch the final 30 min and then we can talk.

strider

Post Whore
Shooting out of the defensive line early warranted 15 penalties a game earlier in the season .... seems things are back in the storm's favour again

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Do we know whether C.Smith's spine is officially snapped?

The merkin must be made of rubber. He'll probably play next week.

hindy111

Post Whore
Shooting out of the defensive line early warranted 15 penalties a game earlier in the season .... seems things are back in the storm's favour again

That is how I saw it. And arms getting caught in our players legs and body parts in tackles to slow game down

T-Boon

Coach
Line speed. Storm are one metre from you as the ball lands in your hands. The space from this week to last week is enormous.

I would change the rule so that the defensive line can not advance until the dummy half has touched the ball.

Delboy

First Grade
The basic reason we had no space was that the Scum left early at every play the ball, and the refs failed to stop them. Once they realised that the rules had changed in their favour , they took full advantage.

In Bleak City there seems to be a different set of rules, how many times did they deliberately slow the ruck down and nothing. Anyway we lost, but the failure to address th line speed as they did earlier in the season, again cost us.

Looking at the recruits and a decent off season under a real conditioner, plus probably moving into a dominant half role should move us into a better season.

Again, a different set of rules last night, and the scum took advantage.

Eelementary

Post Whore
No fit players left.

A player in the bin.

And we still did nothing with the ball.

I apologise if that's negative, but it's how I feel.

Moses is back to his usual self - over-playing his hand, garbage kicking, lazy defence...

The Storm are deserved Minor Premiers, but that was an abysmal display last night - for the first 10 minutes or so of the second half, Melbourne were practically gifting the game to us (dropping the ball in their own half, no for players left on the bench, Smith out, etc.), and we still did nothing.

Hugely disappointing performance.

/rant

forward pass

Coach
I think the bounce of the ball the storm got for their last try really sums up our entire season. It bounced like it should not have and that has been happening all season.

Delboy

First Grade
To add one more thing, if there is no suspension handed out to Chambers for probably the worst crusher tackle in at least 3 seasons, we will know that the NRL are completely clueless ( come on down Toddy Boy).

What was even more incomprehensible was the failure to put it on report, but then again it was in Melbourne and reffed by the Suttons.

Gronk

Staff member
To add one more thing, if there is no suspension handed out to Chambers for probably the worst crusher tackle in at least 3 seasons, we will know that the NRL are completely clueless ( come on down Toddy Boy).

What was even more incomprehensible was the failure to put it on report, but then again it was in Melbourne and reffed by the Suttons.

Add to that the same tackle earlier. No fluke. He is a confirmed arsehole of the highest order.

giphy.gif