What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6: Parra v Canberra LIVE game day thread

Gronk

Staff member
Seriously though, where is panthers111 and the like who were f**king smashing us for having Ronnie Palmer on the staff and how shit our fitness was and now comparing that to the Tigers this year with him and they are about to win their 5th game and they probably should be undefeated (with either a draw or a win against the Broncos)........

Why did we get rid of Ronnie anyways?

Jake may have something but TBH, body language, fatigue, missed tackles, poor discipline are are all a symptom of a team deeply down on confidence.

Confidence brings buzz, brings adrenaline brings enthusiasm brings attitude.

These players have been preparing all summer and I think that Palmer or AFL guy or Elkin or Hayden Knowles can all prepare a team.

Blaming AFL guy is easy cos he is part of what has changed from 2017 to18.

Our problems are more about adapting to new ref styles, lack of some new big boppers (Matagi and the other merkin in reggies doesn’t help), missing Semi and most importantly we have a dozen or so really good players who are all in rubbish form at the same time.

hindy111

Post Whore
We've looked rooted during periods where we have had plenty of ball though. We don't seem to be match fit.

Check my new thread.... A smart man like yourself prob already picked up on it.
A guy like me leaves no stone unturned. Very suprised BA hadnt said anything start of season.

JokerEel

Coach
Watching the replay it is clear that Norman and Auvaaaa shouldn't defend together...
Norman is terrible in defence even Moses has gotten better.

20 minutes in Moses has only touched the ball to kick.

Gutho is the best player in our team..

hindy111

Post Whore
Gutho could maybe play centre or fullback if there are injuries .... but turbo tom is going to another level and will probably have a mortgage on fullback if he stays fit

Gutherson is built for origin but Teddy and Turbo are more explosive.

Before year started Hayne,Jennings,Moses,Norman,Brown all had some chance if form was good to make a case. None would get a mention now.

hindy111

Post Whore
So Dugan is better than Gutherson?

Or could it be that there are other factors at play despite just ability?

Gutherson is as good as Trbojevic.

Id say he would be viewed as better but I wouldn't swap them.

hindy111

Post Whore
Seriously though, where is panthers111 and the like who were f**king smashing us for having Ronnie Palmer on the staff and how shit our fitness was and now comparing that to the Tigers this year with him and they are about to win their 5th game and they probably should be undefeated (with either a draw or a win against the Broncos)........

Why did we get rid of Ronnie anyways?

Is it our fitness or the opposition have more days off between games giving them better preparation.
Twice our opposition had an extra 3 days off and twice 2 days off to recover from the week before. Im sure they where feeling more fresh.

strider

Post Whore
Is it our fitness or the opposition have more days off between games giving them better preparation.
Twice our opposition had an extra 3 days off and twice 2 days off to recover from the week before. Im sure they where feeling more fresh.
While it is pretty much an excuse, it probably also has some merit

strider

Post Whore
Can you do this same analysis of all teams hindy111 ... if you come to some amazing conclusion i will get it published in the paper/website

hindy111

Post Whore
Can you do this same analysis of all teams hindy111 ... if you come to some amazing conclusion i will get it published in the paper/website

Well my phone may ring and I have tomgo to work but it hasnt for 4 weeks now. I will have a look.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ok well first findings.
6 teams that played on the Sunday 6.30pm game all lost the following week.
0/6 able to win.