What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-boots/re-makes/re-imaginings...

nöyd

Staff member
A thread to discuss any films, tv shows etc. that are slated for a make-over, or discussion on any of the same that has already been ruined or improved upon.

I assume most folks are aware of this:

[youtube]cXZdEmvcFdU[/youtube]

I think it has some merit, but Damon Wayans? Really? He barely looks 30 let alone a grizzled, 50-odd year old career cop.

Pugzley

Whoever is remaking the Crow, Mortal Kombat and Seven Samurai, hang your head in shame. The seven Blackwater Mercs in Seven Samurai will probs be all white.

LESStar58

Referee
A thread to discuss any films, tv shows etc. that are slated for a make-over, or discussion on any of the same that has already been ruined or improved upon.

I assume most folks are aware of this:

[youtube]cXZdEmvcFdU[/youtube]

I think it has some merit, but Damon Wayans? Really? He barely looks 30 let alone a grizzled, 50-odd year old career cop.

I didn't know this was a TV show! Thought they were doing a brand new movie of it.

As a TV show I think it looks okay.

McLovin

Staff member
Pet Sematary - fk yeah

Starship Troopers and Neverending Story I'd be interested in also

nöyd

Staff member
Speaking of the Rock, he is starring with Jack Black (urgh) in a remake of Jumanji.

Jesus wept.

Last Week

Bench
Ffs, trying to remake the Crow? Good f**king luck. That's just shameful. There is no way they could make a movie dark and gritty like the Crow today. Leave it be. But watch, they'll throw a massive budget at it and just ruin it.

American Psycho, Scarface, Short Circuit, Jumanji, Big Trouble in Little China... f**k you Hollywood.

bileduct

Coach
When The Big Lebowski gets remade I will shoot myself in the head.

It looks like comic book movies, endless sequels and remakes are the Hollywood formula for the next few years at least. There's at least three where the gimmick is gender flipping - Ghost Busters, Oceans Eleven, Expendabelles.

Jesus f**king christ... What a shit show.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Whoever is remaking the Crow, Mortal Kombat and Seven Samurai, hang your head in shame. The seven Blackwater Mercs in Seven Samurai will probs be all white.

I love how you throw Mortal Kombat in there like it was anything other than an awful video game movie. I loved it as a kid, but it's the drizzling shits.

Pet Sematary - fk yeah

Starship Troopers and Neverending Story I'd be interested in also

I'm all over Pet Sematary being remade, given the original was a glorified television movie with a cast of relative no-names and tacky special effects.

Not sure how I feel about Neverending Story.

I wonder if the Starship Troopers remake will resemble the novel that inspired the first movie in any way? Lord knows, the movie with Denise Richards and friends sure as hell didn't.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I loved the Starship Troopers movie but I would like to see another version closer to the book.

Same with I am Legend, based off a fantastic novel, also was the story for The Omega Man with Charlton Heston way back. Neither of those movies are as close to the novel as it should be.

bileduct

Coach
Prison Break would have to get the award for dramatically contrasting quality between it's first and second seasons. The writers of that show really had no f**king idea what they were doing once they got out of the prison.

That said, while a lot of these reboots look like giant turds, I wouldn't mind seeing more of it in the television space like what they've done with Daredevil. Nothing is worse than "reality television."

There's a new Star Trek show out next year too.