What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-boots/re-makes/re-imaginings...

LESStar58

Referee

I have been waiting for that Masters of the Universe reboot since the early 2000s when John Woo was attached. Loved the cartoons as a kid. Used to get Betamax cassettes of them sent to me when i lived in sri Lanka taped off Australian tv.

There needs to be Prince Adam, Cringer/Battle Cat and Orko. Those are my only demands and prerequisites. Do they bring she-ra/Adora in at some point ad well. Maybe as a sequel?

PJ

First Grade
Remaking Papillon.

Bad enough that they are doing this but casting Hunnam is the Steve McQueen role.

For mine Humnnam is one of the worst actors going around.

elyod138

Bench

Latest trailer makes me feel better about it, the mini scene with the Losers' club looks good.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Looking forward to IT. Not a massive fan of the new Pennywise design/look, but as long as the movie is good it won't bother me. The projector scene looks like it could be pretty cool though.

Also, my curiosity beat out my beat judgement and decided to watch the Point Break remake. I should have listened to my better judgement.

OVP

Coach
Will the It movie be two movies as the original went for over 3 hours?????

Yep. The first movie will be when they are kids, the second when adults.

I just hope they make IT closer to the book in that he was oh so much more than just a clown. IT is a glamour, a shape shifter who appears as whatever it is YOU are most afraid of. In the book he was hundreds of creatures, a werewolf, mummy, leper etc etc. That's what pissed me off about the first one, they just went the lazy route and stuck with the clown the whole way through. Please, not again.

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
Remaking Papillon.

Bad enough that they are doing this but casting Hunnam is the Steve McQueen role.

For mine Humnnam is one of the worst actors going around.

The original was great.

Once I discovered it wasn't a true story though, it didn't interest me at all.

elyod138

Bench
The Dark Tower is the one I'm really worried about. Those books and the characters mean more to me than most people I know and everything I've read about the movie just sounds so awful.
Reviews are trickling out for The Dark Tower now, it's getting absolutely hammered.

I don't know why they hand these beloved stories to people who aren't capable of doing them justice. This shit movie will probably kill any hope of the story being adapted properly in the foreseeable future.

IMO it should have been a series developed for a network like HBO where they could take their time and have creative freedom.

Reviews are trickling out for The Dark Tower now, it's getting absolutely hammered.

I don't know why they hand these beloved stories to people who aren't capable of doing them justice. This shit movie will probably kill any hope of the story being adapted properly in the foreseeable future.

IMO it should have been a series developed for a network like HBO where they could take their time and have creative freedom.
Yeah its getting slammed. Not sure if ill watch it