What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-boots/re-makes/re-imaginings...

Just turned off The Dark Tower 40mins in. I know I shouldn't care but I'm honestly upset with how bad it is. Taking those books and making that...

A remake of Stephen King's It is being filmed right now.

Bill Skarsgard from Hemlock Grove is Pennywise. He also has a remarkable resemblance to Tim Curry, the original Pennywise, but Bill is much taller. He's so tall he could play slenderman easily.

Hope and pray it's good ... Tim Curry was brilliant as the original pennywise. Bill has big shoes to fill <--- get it ? Clown shoes lol. Ok I'll shut up now.

Tim Curry was an excellent creep but a shithouse pennywise if you'd read the book,don't get me wrong he carried the movie but jesus he was poor as an adaptation

The first book is the perfect length for a flim. Just makes no sense what they have done with it

I know

Imagine the money they've left on the table

For those not familiar with the source material they basically made a 95 minute movie out of source material and characters as compelling as GAME OF THRONES!!!

8000 pages condensed poorly into 95 minutes,not that you can condense 8000 pages well into 95 minutes,your on a hiding to nothing

PJ

First Grade
I know

For those not familiar with the source material they basically made a 95 minute movie out of source material and characters as compelling as GAME OF THRONES!!!

8000 pages condensed poorly into 95 minutes,not that you can condense 8000 pages well into 95 minutes,your on a hiding to nothing
Disagree completely.

Big King fan but don't get the obsession with Dark Tower.

Roland is a good character but not in the top 10.

Nowhere near GoT in character, story or quality.

Disagree completely.

Big King fan but don't get the obsession with Dark Tower.

Roland is a good character but not in the top 10.

Nowhere near GoT in character, story or quality.

We'll agree to disagree

What about the locales? My imagination jizzed on them

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I know

What I don't get is supposedly this movie was meant to be a franchise launcher, so surely you'd only use the first book so you'd have plenty of sequel potential? It's usually the other way around, trying to stretch source material too far (The Hobbit being the most blatant example)

What I don't get is supposedly this movie was meant to be a franchise launcher, so surely you'd only use the first book so you'd have plenty of sequel potential? It's usually the other way around, trying to stretch source material too far (The Hobbit being the most blatant example)
8000 pages vs arguably 450 pages including appendices

The first book should've been the first movie following into a hbo or amc series

elyod138

Bench
A lot of buzz from early screenings of the new It movie. General consensus is that it's a great adaptation of the book and blows the shitty 1990 miniseries out of the water.

A lot of buzz from early screenings of the new It movie. General consensus is that it's a great adaptation of the book and blows the shitty 1990 miniseries out of the water.
I've been following this movie harder than any movie I've ever followed

You'll float too

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Still love the original IT miniseries, more for the nostalgia than the quality. looking forward to the new movie.

Funny hearing about Dark Tower, squeezing way too much source material into a single film is the same reason i really disliked the Netflix Deathnote movie. Can't sit back and ejoy a movie when it feels like it's on fast forward or one gigantic montage.

OVP

Coach
More Stephen King movies to be rebooted ... 'Salems Lot and The Stand (mini series apparently)

These 2 are definitely two of my favourite King books ... 'Salems Lot the old 70's movie scared me shitless as a kid lmao(those f**king yellow eyes !!). I was pretty young when I saw it tho(7 or 8 i think), and reading the book after it didn't help lol. When I re-watched as an adult it was meh.

http://movieweb.com/the-stand-salems-lot-movie-tv-reboots-stephen-king/

tumblr_ou6jiuWuzc1ut1d6co2_500.gif