What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Real Madrid C.F

boxhead

First Grade
Hey guys, thought it was time we had a thread created for one of the biggest clubs in world football.
I'll provide updates on our games when I can and give everyone reports on how the players are going, as well as any interesting transfer news I see.

An entertaining month is coming up for us, we've got Barcelona twice (potentially three times if we win in the Champions League), Athletic, and several other teams; it could be as many as 8 or 9 games in four weeks!

Let's hope for the best and spur on our All-Whites :)

Cheers.

boxhead

First Grade
f**k Real Madrid.

I don't say "f**k Arsenal" now do I? :D

I just realized how bad that sounds.....

lets hope they lose their CL quarter final

Well....divided between both of them......I don't think I'll be able to watch either game.

I thought this thread was about Real Madrid but then he wishes all the best for New Zealand :?

The nick-name is All-Whites, because of the strip. :sarcasm:

I realize they aren't exactly the most well-liked club on the forum, but I thought, might as well make a topic in case some people actually do support them.

Last edited:

WireMan

Bench
He plays on the left...
He plays on the riiiiight...

That boy Ronaldo,
Makes Messi look sh*te.

:D

oh yes i did...

boxhead

First Grade
Should be a good game to watch against Gijon, should be an easy win. Unlucky with Benzema out (?) and still no Ronaldo but if we keep up the form we are in should do the number on them. Hoping Ozil, Di Maria and Adebayor all step up, we will need it. Also looking forward to more involvement from Canales.

boxhead

First Grade
Oh. My. God.
Unbelievable.

Honestly, I can only sit here and start :lol: at my own bloody team. That's hilariously bad.

Well, we seem to do this quite often recently.....honestly, I'm now not looking forward to the El Clasico's, we have no chance at redemption and we will probably get done 3/6-nil in each game.

That is beyond terrible, Ronaldo or no.

boxhead

First Grade
Cristiano Ronaldo is playing tonight in the quarter-final, along with (I believe) Karim Benzema. Good. Expecting a 500% improved performance over the sh*t we dished up against Gijon.

boxhead

First Grade
Good 3-nil win over Athletic the over night, I stayed up till 4am to watch the whole game! Good to see Kaka and Higs getting starts, I thought that even though they definitely aren't fully match fit they are still going to be huge for us on their return; they struck up a lovely combination, much like Ronaldo did with Kaka when he came on.

Unlucky not to have a fourth or fifth really, Di Maria my man of the match.
It's still diabolical that we can lose to a bottom team at home but convincigly beat a top team away.

boxhead

First Grade
Real Madrid are not my most hated team. fact.

:shock: I'm shocked!! Not just that someone says we aren't their most hated team, but that a Barcelona fan says it!!

I applaud you good sir! :) Good luck and let's hope for some great games in the upcoming El Clasico's!

boxhead

First Grade
We are lucky today, very lucky. I think if both teams played with full intent it would have been a very different result. To hold out with 10-men for around 38 minutes and only concede from a penalty with the possession Barcelona had is a pretty top effort regardless. I'm proud of the boys.

boxhead

First Grade
We are the Spanish Cup Champions!
We have triumphed over Barcelona!

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
Surely Casillas has to go down as one of the most successful goalkeepers of all time?
Captained his nation to their first World Cup victory, was goalkeeper of the tournament and saved them several times. Has won the Champions League and is the most capped UEFA Champions League goalkeeper of all time. Has won the Spanish League several times and now captains the first Madrid side in 18 years to win the Spanish Cup. Count those as a select few of so many of his achievements.

I'm still in shock!

boxhead

First Grade
Ah, it's a great day when you wake up to see that your team has destroyed Valencia 6-3 away, and with 5 goals between two players that have severely struggled with injuries this season :)
Congratulations Higuain and Kaka!!!!!

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1330054073532/noticia/Cronica/Valencia_3-6_Real_Madrid.htm

The Whites trounce Los Che with a sensational two-goal performance by Kaka and a spectacular hat-trick by Higuain

Realmadrid.com
When earlier in the week Unai Emery stated "I am more concerned about Real Madrid’s players who didn’t play in the Cup final," he surely didn’t expect to witness the schooling Valencia received by Real Madrid, who returned to Mestalla with a show of class and football. Higuain, Kaka, Benzema and Granero combined to trounce a Valencia side that fell victim to its own mistakes and the Whites’ tremendous superiority. What is even more impressive, only two starters from last Wednesday’s Copa final were in Mourinho’s eleven against Los Che.

Even with eleven players who haven’t traditionally been Mourinho’s starters this season, Real Madrid played like angels. Kaka, Granero, Benzema and Higuain had their way with Valencia defenders who would have no answer to the ensuing onslaught. On 22’ Higuain put in a low pass across the entire box that Guaita failed to get a hand to. Benzema received it and patiently sent the ball into the left side of the goal. Only eight minutes later, Mathieu got between Higuian and the ball and blocked the Argentine from advancing, but he still managed to get a toe to it and send it to the back of the net. The goal sank Valencia. Then on 38’, Benzema started a run from the midfield with Kaka leading the way to distract two defenders. The Frenchman took the ball towards the top of the box, found Higuain on the right side and the Argentine curled it back across the grain for Kaka to flick into the net. Three minutes before the end of the first half, Granero found Kaka with a deep ball and the Brazilian returned the favor by finding Higuain alone in front of goal for the tap-in.
Valencia were much more aggressive after the restart, but it didn’t matter. Benzema got a ball to Kaka through traffic on 53’, the Brazilian advanced all the way to the byline, curled a low pass into the six-yard box and Higuain punched it into the back of the net to complete his hat-trick and put the Whites up 0-5. As fans began to leave the stadium, Valencia pulled one back when former Madridista, Roberto Soldado drove home a low cross by Jonas. But one minute later Real Madrid answered right back. Benzema found Kaka open at the top of the box after over-running a pass. The Brazilian nutmegged Stankevicius and curled the ball just beyond Guaita’s reach for the sixth of the afternoon.
With the game all but over, Xabi Alonso replaced Canales, Cristiano Ronaldo stepped in for Higuain and Pedro Leon took over for an exhausted Garay. The Whites slowed the pace and relaxed, while Valencia looked to cover up the blow out and did just that on 81’, when Mata left a ball for Jonas, who squeaked it between Casillas and the post. Then on 85’, Mata lobbed the ball over Albiol and Jordi Alba scored to make it 3-6.
Real Madrid played the final ten minutes with ten men after Nacho abandoned the pitch with muscle trouble, but the game drew to a close with no further incidents. The Whites can now begin preparing for the first leg of the Champions League semifinals scheduled for Wednesday at the Santiago Bernabeu.