What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel World Cup planned for Pakistan

Pommy

Coach
Hahaha, if we always listened to the fans we would have Gus f*cking Gould as ARLC chairman, the NRL season would run for 50 weeks of the year and the Kangaroos would play only every hundred years or so...

Fans are short sighted and just generally thick. The ARLC shouldnt care about their opinions just as democratic parties dont care about their opinions (its the illusion of listening that matters).

Mob mentality is fundiamentally short-sighted and self-interested, this is why we have executives making the decisions that masses are too dumb to make.

So, no. I dont think we should be listening to the fans on this one. People who are already fans dont need a name for the game, they have their own nickname for it. Its the people would wouldnt get a vote in your strawpoll who need this new name...

I’m not saying we should always listen to the fans but that doesn’t mean you should never listen to them.

The name of the sport has absolutely sod all to do with anything

Disagree, of course the name of a sport is important. What I would say though, is that if we had changed the name of RL yrs ago, granted, I don't think our sport would be much more popular than what it is now, but I have no doubt that calling ourselves rugby has had a negative impact in the minds of the elites around the world.

Do I think we would be a little more popular in England? Yes. Would we have had more funding from governments around the world? Yes.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Yeah bugger these new upstarts, they have no idea what the sport has had to deal with for 100 years to stay alive just so they can then come along and try and undo all that work by sleeping with the one enemy that has continued and will always continue to try and eliminate their so called bastard offspring. Too gutless to have a crack at any other sport that told them to shove it like in the US and Canadian football leagues. Luckily for them they started up in countries that don't take crap from our so called blue blooded rulers in their established towers.

It's Rugby League, it has as much right to the name Rugby as any other offshoot that came from that town 120 odd years ago.

DlEHARD

Juniors
23.2.jpg.46b45ba8a9e7edfc6d6070c981bbf1b2.jpg

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
What a joke. If the law of the land says there's only one Rugby like we have seen from the ignorant the backward and the liars like we seen last year in a land known for sand, oil and where rich guys drive Lambos while the other 99.9 percent are starving, what then dickheads?

Rodney

Juniors
This seems like a stunt.
The only team that's ever been able to travel anywhere has been the italians.

There at best 5 organisations that are able to field a team really. A world cup is not financially viable.
This seems to be a PR push to try and force the RLIF to acknowledge them - which then gives the Italians and Greeks leverage to force their way into recognition

Does ice hockey and field hockey suffer these apparent issues?

Ffs, do I have to explain why that comparison is off the mark?!

Suppose; field hockey is more or less for women, and it hardly exists in eastern Europe and Canada. Field hockey are not aiming for global domination, it's not a proper sport.

roughyedspud

Coach
Ffs, do I have to explain why that comparison is off the mark?!

Suppose; field hockey is more or less for women, and it hardly exists in eastern Europe and Canada. Field hockey are not aiming for global domination, it's not a proper sport.

Wtf?? That's the weakest,bullshit reply I've ever read,if that's the best you can do I'd give up if I was you..you've always been a shit troll....

Latest posts