What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recreational drug statistic in the NRL

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
According to 7th tackle out of 400 registered players in the NRL currently, 160 have already had their first strike for recreational drugs. Plus the ones they haven't caught hmm...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The players are part of society and society is in a mess.

I just think people have this unrealistic idea what NRL players should be like. If it was a musician that did a lot of cocaine nobody would give a shit in fact they'd probably do it on stage and get applauded!

Realistically the roosters released SKD and carter not because they were doing drugs but because they needed to free up salary cap space. It was an easy excuse to punt them both. It was smart and I don't hate them for it but you have to feel for SKD and Carter they are literally being named and shamed in front of the entire NRL audience as if they're the only two players to take recreational drugs! It could potentially end carters NRL career and maybe SKD if no club wants to pick him up. I would love for Souths too but I know he hates Souths!

Pommy

Coach
I wonder what the rate would be among a similar demograph of none NRL players. 19-21 I was ducking wasted just about every weekend.
As long as they're not hurting anyone i couldn't care less

Last edited: