What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruitment for next year

I think the point is that guys like SST, Paasi etc were in our system, and obviously had talent as they've gone elsewhere to become beasts. So we failed with them. It's okay to not identify NZ-based talent but it's not okay to not advance players on your books. Sipley better not be the next. Packer doesn't really count, he was an off-field liability obviously.

I'm glad more people are coming around to thinking Lisone is a waste of space. Ultimate flat track bully. Against big, quality packs he gets monstered, gives away penalties/throws dumb passes under the heat of it all. If he wants to be an NRL player it'll be as a second rower. Not big enough, does have the ball skills.

To me it's about our ability to develop the talent vs identity it.
Surely we keep who we think is our top talent that fits our setup/system at that time.
Those that are cut and go to other clubs to do great things is more a reflection on our ability to develop than identify.
Imagine SJ or Lolo under a Belamy or a Bennett, let alone a Matulino.
But TKO as an example would of done nothing in NZ even with a top coach, due to off field influences.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Souths don't seem to be in a rush to re-sign Nathan Brown. The type of player we should be eyeing off. Perfect replacement for Gubb and would probably overtake Lisone and Vete too

ozbash

Referee
To me it's about our ability to develop the talent vs identity it.
Surely we keep who we think is our top talent that fits our setup/system at that time.
Those that are cut and go to other clubs to do great things is more a reflection on our ability to develop than identify.
Imagine SJ or Lolo under a Belamy or a Bennett, let alone a Matulino.
But TKO as an example would of done nothing in NZ even with a top coach, due to off field influences.

This is where we miss John Ackland..

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Nelson Asofa-Solomona is off the table, has re-signed with the storm. Not much quality left out there.

Whens JWH off contract