What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruitment Philosophy

Yawn.

Same sh@t different day by a tired and inbred and job protectionist club management.

We just lost Packer and Dugan - nobody replaces that overnight. Add Bird to the ability of management to develop and retain junior talent.

You say if we had a no 7 we are a threat this year but next year we get a 7 and lose an international prop and fullback. Net neutral exchange at best.

Mcidiot needs excuses for his failures and club management keep giving him perfect excuses - the club is the best in the world at dumb management, weak leadership and salary protecting themselves.

It's a sad end.

Your glass appears half empty Sheridan Stand. Shall I top it up ?

A quality 7 is much harder to come by than a hard running front rower.

We missed out on Steve Rogers at 16 years of age because our great administration back in the glory days felt he was too young/not physically ready for grade. Bird has flown away. For every junior that makes it a huge number fail.can't keep them all. Bird has serious health issues.Those issues may have influenced decision making at the time.

As for Duges, had he not f**ked up on social media he would have been playing for the Broncos.

Excellent playerbutnot the 1 we need.

The club doesn't have the financial resources or the admin capable of arranging TPA's for us to compete for the top players. Agree this is a failure of club admin.

Am hopeful the juniors excel ala bath's babes next season.

I am not an advocate of Mary's and I certainly wouldn't have granted him a contract extension until after the origin series was completed.

Disagree strongly that the club has reached the Newtown/Norths extinction phase.

Chin up mate, the opera is not over yet.

It's nothing more than an admission that the club cannot recruit anyone of note (excluding Hunt.

And as for the "serious forward talent coming through", it is very much untested at NRL level.

Without 'like-for-like' replacements for Dugan/Packer, the Dragons will struggle next year.

As for club management, well, most of us acknowledge how shambolic it's been for decades.

Perhaps Brian Smith was right when exclaimed 20 years ago, "the place smells like Newtown?"

You mean like Ben Hunt ?

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Your glass appears half empty Sheridan Stand. Shall I top it up ?

A quality 7 is much harder to come by than a hard running front rower.

We missed out on Steve Rogers at 16 years of age because our great administration back in the glory days felt he was too young/not physically ready for grade. Bird has flown away. For every junior that makes it a huge number fail.can't keep them all. Bird has serious health issues.Those issues may have influenced decision making at the time.

As for Duges, had he not f**ked up on social media he would have been playing for the Broncos.

Excellent playerbutnot the 1 we need.

The club doesn't have the financial resources or the admin capable of arranging TPA's for us to compete for the top players. Agree this is a failure of club admin.

Am hopeful the juniors excel ala bath's babes next season.

I am not an advocate of Mary's and I certainly wouldn't have granted him a contract extension until after the origin series was completed.

Disagree strongly that the club has reached the Newtown/Norths extinction phase.

Chin up mate, the opera is not over yet.
They said the same thing at Bears HQ before they collapsed. Some at their board level still think they are superior and that there sh/t doesn't stink.

Mate I am one of the most optimistic and change agent focused people out there.

I do not suffer fools gladly.

If you follow my posts I am taking a stance and challenging corruption because I love this club and it could be great again if we had real leadership.

Lol re rogers - have you ever watched a movie called "the man who shot liberty valance"

possm

Coach
And the Tigers fiasco and player vacuum had nothing to do with player market upheaval? Did anyone predict that?

Not in the period Nov 2016 - Jan 2017 when most of this retention/recruitment activity occurred.

I note you did not answer any of my questions.

possm

Coach
Not saying they haven't debuted but we never stick with them or show great faith in them we just give them crumbs as we are conservative.
Can you tell me why Host was dropped after the first 5 games of which 4 were wins?
interesting about how people view being given a go
Hess 13 games ave 61 minutes per game
Crichton 12 games ave 67 minutes per game
Sele 8 games ave 21 minutes per game
Host 5 games ave 26 minutes per game (last year ave 40 minutes)
No comparison we are conservative and that is all there is too it.
Host or Sele should be starting this week and not Sims who is a bench player full stop.
And some on here said words to like; 'Mary is doing a great job and should be extended now'.

This and many other things is a prime example of Mary's short-comings. It would be of little value to our Club if we do all the hard work training the young guns, only to see them move to other clubs when they are finally ready to play first grade. No compensation to the Dragons, all upside to our opposition.

Last edited:

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Last year we recruited four quslity players. I am sure thst we will do the same again this year. They need to buy a top quality prop which they said they are doing and another winger/fullback with speed to give us depth. Next year I would plsy Dufty st fullback and Mann on the wing. Nightingale or Field could be the bench utility.. I think that we should retain Dodd, FaiFai Loa, Hind,and Hutchison for their utility values.. Players likely to go are as follows:-
Glymin replaced by Garrick
Havili replaced by Robson
Marketo-replaced internally
Masoe replace internally
Matthews replaced internally
McCrone replaced by Hutchison
Nona replaced by Field
What do others think?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Last year we recruited four quslity players. I am sure thst we will do the same again this year. They need to buy a top quality prop which they said they are doing and another winger/fullback with speed to give us depth. Next year I would plsy Dufty st fullback and Mann on the wing. Nightingale or Field could be the bench utility.. I think that we should retain Dodd, FaiFai Loa, Hind,and Hutchison for their utility values.. Players likely to go are as follows:-
Masoe replace internally
Nona replaced by Field
What do others think?
Nona is the exception I think he's much better than hutch but that's just an opinion. Mary obviously doesn't see what most of us here see. Sad really if Nona is not a better option than Mr salmon, .I rest my case

possm

Coach
Nona is the exception I think he's much better than hutch but that's just an opinion. Mary obviously doesn't see what most of us here see. Sad really if Nona is not a better option than Mr salmon, .I rest my case
McCrone is moving on next year. How about we give Nona a go at 7 and see if he is an improvement on McCrone.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Masoe replace internally
Nona replaced by Field
What do others think?

Fai Fai Loa is moving to the ESL next year.

Latest posts