What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RED V JERSEY

Don’t the NRL mandate every team has to have a alternate jersey?

Besides, could be worse, could be a Warriors fan who turn up in a different jersey for every one of the 26 rounds.
Me and my son played the game at the last Saints/Warriors game at Kogarah of count the different jerseys, we got to 40 and gave up.

Or a Knights fan, seriously what the hell is this?
529E9F71-9117-4D0C-95E0-01DC27257C56.jpeg

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I have been a advocate for the the red v for many years.What tha goes is with the jersey they ran out with against the Panthers. I will say it now we are the Red V nothing else.
1000% agree Moz, no need at all to play in that awful strip on Saturday....probably something to do with money which is the pity.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I've always loved the mighty red V .................... however, being that we merged with the Steelers and they too were red & white, I still don't understand why we don't have the red V for our home games and the Steelers jersey for our away games.

Simple stuff that satisfys everyone and looks good.
Maybe its too simple!

Old stock image file............

r0_0_1728_1152_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Footnote - ( This is not OKB in image )

Reactions: jak

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Besides, could be worse, could be a Warriors fan who turn up in a different jersey for every one of the 26 rounds.
Me and my son played the game at the last Saints/Warriors game at Kogarah of count the different jerseys, we got to 40 and gave up.

View attachment 20373

Some of the teams do everything and anything to bastardize their jerseys.
The Tigers put new one out every 3-6 months just to expect the members to buy a new jersey.
Its called, screwing the fans.

That Knights jersey is an abortion, nothing else to say, really.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I've always loved the mighty red V .................... however, being that we merged with the Steelers and they too were red & white, I still don't understand why we don't have the red V for our home games and the Steelers jersey for our away games.

Maybe its too simple!

Joint venture!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Some of the teams do everything and anything to bastardize their jerseys.
The Tigers put new one out every 3-6 months just to expect the members to buy a new jersey.
Its called, screwing the fans.

That Knights jersey is an abortion, nothing else to say, really.

Things aren't helped by SGI's so-called 'marketing' department that seems determined to change the Club's colours (especially red and black) at every opportunity.

There seems to be a deliberate ploy to distinguish the Dragons from the 'Sydney' effing Swans, who have dominated the red and white market for over 20-years now.

Does anyone remember the days when :red_circle::white_circle: was synonymous with the Dragons, and the bloody Swans were considered a poor afterthought?

Not anymore.

Thanks to some half arsed, lazy individuals Saints are slowly losing its identity.

If only I had a dollar for each time an inebriated halfwit stumbling out of The Ivy has accosted me by asking "Hey, how did the Swans go?"....following a game....I'd be much richer.

(Mutters to himself....one day I'll get done for manslaughter)

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
View attachment 20393

I just want one that doesn't shrink after one wash !

I recently purchased a 'retro' 1979 jumper from Mick Simmons. It's not bad, but it's not identical to the original product. Besides the obvious change in manufacturer (Westmont to Classic), it has shorter sleeves and doesn't have "first grade" under the emblem.

The biggest bugbear is that the store doesn't supply red numbers (they should warn you before buying their items).

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I have been a advocate for the the red v for many years.What tha goes is with the jersey they ran out with against the Panthers. I will say it now we are the Red V nothing else.

While I can appreciate the Club's need for extra revenue, when the side plays in the alternative strip, it doesn't feel as though MY side is playing.

Not only do I feel an impartial viewer, it (somehow) makes losses (such as the one on Saturday night) easier to handle for some reason.

Go figure.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

View attachment 20373

Don't those colours have something to do with NSW mining, particularly in the Hunter Valley area?

ouryears

Bench

Maybe its too simple!

Is that your grandson?
Ha ha ha

Coffs dragon

Bench
Personally I think our alternate jersey looks good this year, best in many years. I would still love a red jersey with White V though.

Or just a Steelers jersey. That certainly makes the most sense
I agree, this years alternative is the best of some shockers! It would simply be easier to reverse the big RedV jersey to a big WhiteV on red. Not rocket science!
For some reason though, we always seem to lose in the predominantly Red strip alternative, maybe it just doesn't provoke passion and pride cause essentially it's marketing gimmick designed by corporate wankers!!!!