What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red V Memebers...Charity Shield Tickets On Sale Tomorrow

Benny

First Grade
Ticket Sales

Tickets go on sale for an exclusive priority period to Rabbitohs Members and Dragons Red V Members from 9am tomorrow (Thursday, Jan 15) until Sunday (Jan 18 ).

Tickets go on sale to the general public on Monday, January 19. Tickets can be purchased from any Ticketek outlet, online at www.ticketek.com.au or by phone on 9266 4800.
Ticket Prices
Premier Reserved Seating
Adult $23; Children/Concession $12; Family (2 adults, 2 children under 15) $55.
General Admission - unreserved seating
Adult $15; Children/Concession $7; Family (2 adults, 2 children under 15) $40.

Found on Saints official Site

Barrett, Long, Bailey are set to play while Firman, Gasnier and Ryles will all be unavailable

Benny

First Grade
Barrett Comeback in BMW Sydney Charity Shield
14 January 2004

Dragons captain Trent Barrett will play his first game in nine months when St George Illawarra clash with South Sydney in the BMW Sydney Charity Shield at Aussie Stadium next month.

Barrett, 26, who last week extended his contract with the Dragons until 2008, will make his comeback from a broken ankle on February 14, just two days after his wife Kylie is due to give birth to their first child.

The Australian five-eighth said today at a media conference to launch the 2004 BMW Sydney Charity Shield that he was very excited about playing after taking the field in only five NRL matches last season.

"This will be a great test for me," Barrett said. "After sitting on the sidelines since May last year, I can't wait to get back on the field.

"I have done a lot of rehabilitation work and my ankle feels better than ever. It feels good to be back doing full training, but nothing beats a game … and the Charity Shield is always a tough battle."

While the World Sevens will be played next weekend (Jan 24-25), the Charity Shield will be the first full match for both sides since their 2003 season ended in September.

The match will also mark the return of Test reps Luke Bailey (ear operation) and centre Shaun Timmins (knee) from off-season injury treatment, but Mark Gasnier (knee), Brett Firman (shoulder) and Jason Ryles (shoulder) will not be ready to play.

Like Barrett, it will also be the first game in nine months for new Dragons recruit Nathan Long, who had a shoulder reconstruction in May last year.

"I am looking forward to playing in my first Charity Shield match," Long said. "I've really enjoyed the pre-season with the Dragons and am very excited about the year ahead. I feel like I've had a new lease of life."

The Dragons beat the Rabbitohs 28-10 in front of over 21,000 fans last year in Nathan Brown's first outing as St George Illawarra coach.

"As a coach and a player this is always a tough game because most of us are coming off a five-month break from serious football," Brown said. "It also gives me a chance to experiment and is a great lead-up to the season-opener four weeks later."

The Charity Shield is the first of two NRL trial matches for the Dragons, who will play the Bulldogs at the Gold Coast on February 28. The Dragons Premier League also will play two trials – against the Warriors in Hamilton NZ on February 5 and the Comets in Rockhampton QLD on February 21.

2004 BMW SYDNEY CHARITY SHIELD FACT SHEET

Results

In the 20 Charity Shield matches contested since 1982, St George have won 12 times; Souths 5; draws 3. Since St George Illawarra was formed in 1999, the Charity Shield has been played three times – Dragons 1 win, Rabbitohs 1 win; 1 draw.

Charities

The major beneficiaries of the 2004 BMW Sydney Charity Shield will be the St George Foundation (which supports children's charities), Humpty Dumpty Foundation and the Sydney Children's Hospital.

Charity Shield Program
4pm Gates open
4.30pm Jersey Flegg (under 19) – South Sydney v St George
6pm Premier League – Rabbitohs v Dragons
7.30pm FOX telecast preview program
8pm FOX live broadcast, NRL trial, Rabbitohs v Dragons

Ticket Sales

Tickets go on sale for an exclusive priority period to Rabbitohs Members and Dragons Red V Members from 9am tomorrow (Thursday, Jan 15) until Sunday (Jan 18 ).

Tickets go on sale to the general public on Monday, January 19. Tickets can be purchased from any Ticketek outlet, online at www.ticketek.com.au or by phone on 9266 4800.
Ticket Prices
Premier Reserved Seating
Adult $23; Children/Concession $12; Family (2 adults, 2 children under 15) $55.
General Admission - unreserved seating
Adult $15; Children/Concession $7; Family (2 adults, 2 children under 15) $40.

Rexxy

Coach
The Humpty Dumpty Foundation. PMSL

Farrar was such a basket case they had to set up a charity to look after him.

Latest posts