What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REDCLIFFE TO SIGN WILLIE MASON FOR 2005???

Big Tommy

Juniors
He's a little too smart to be Sexy Boy/ILT/Dirty Hoe - but then again maybe the Nth Qld air has turned The Hoe into a bit of a genius. Not likely though.

Easts, Souths, the Capras and the Gold Coast sides are ones he hasn't attacked yet.

oxenham

Juniors
Tommy
Not much atmosphere :cry:
Was it because of the crowd(what was it) or the game,perhaps more atmosphere in the closer Mixwell Cup.Is BV (ever thought of calling yourselves Valleys Brothers ie VB and looking for sponsorship from Fosters :D)Was it the weather?How is your supporter base travelling?Its a shame these local derbies cannot attract strong crowds,especially when the horse has bolted.
Croc
Your last post was not up to its normal high standard....lets not start slipping :D

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Ox, I reckon that Bashup has lost much of its supporter venom in the last twenty years. The Norfs mob sadly don't generate as much hate as they used to.

I've been to O'Callaghan and I'm not sure how it could be likened to a ziggurat, Croc. :? :?

oxenham

Juniors
XXXX
The Norths pen in the 70/ 80s was up there with the best(when it was at the scoreboard end)even Wynum which used to scare me....kept my mouth shut...too many professional fishermen 8)
Still cannot figure if it was roo roo or root root that was the chant....probably a bit of both. :D

It's a shame Norfs don't get good crowds despite their team being one of the stronger clubs. I wonder if the allignment with the Storm has something to do with it.

Did the Devils have decent crowds directly before they joined up with the Storm (in 1998)?

XXXX Cap

Juniors
oxenham said:
XXXX
The Norths pen in the 70/ 80s was up there with the best(when it was at the scoreboard end)even Wynum which used to scare me....kept my mouth shut...too many professional fishermen 8)
Still cannot figure if it was roo roo or root root that was the chant....probably a bit of both. :D

My vivid memory of the pen at the scoreboard end was in 1982 when Wynnum beat Norths. At the end of the game, Joe Kilroy simply jumped the fence around the field in full kit and headed to the pen rather than go back to the dressing rooms with his team.

Finally headed off after downing a couple of cans with a few mates.

Big Tommy

Juniors
Oxenham - the wether was fine, no problems there. i put the crowd at about 550 to 600.

No much chance of turning BV into VB but even if we did we'd be unlikely to attract CYB sponsorship at this stage due to QRL arrangement with XXXX (not cap).

As I said, maybe it was the way of the game but afar cry from the atmosphere of the 80's.

oxenham

Juniors
xxxx
I can remember Joey doing that.....was not aware it was against wynum.
The bloke was a legend.
I remember in 80 he used to sit with the juniors before matches.... there would be twenty around him probably Graufie and co......they absolutely hero worshipped him.
There was a picture of him in Mondays tele after the 80 grand final sitting on a fence at Nundah at 5 am in the morning....a little worse for ware :roll:
There was a story about his wife on Australian story recently which he featured in.....showed him in his Brothers jersey.....broke my heart :D

zulu

Juniors
I remember when Norths played Wynnum/Manly in 1982. The weather was shocking and we lost. I can't remember the pig pen being at the scoreboard end, but I only started going to the footy in 1982.

We played Wynnum again the next season at Bishop, same weather, same result. It was Gilly's first grade debut.

Joey was a legend until 1984. :x :evil:

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
Crocman you question how passionate other forum members are about their teams when you are not passionate enough to mention who your side is.

mud n blood

Juniors
Norfs tend to draw their old-timer supporters back when they start putting big basher forward packs on the park. Even 98 when they won, their crowds werent anything special. Early 90s though, look at the pack they had .... belting opponents into submission - legally and illegally - the people came back. That game at Bashup against Valleys - albeit Valleys put 50 on them :roll: - was enormous !!!

McKay, Evans, Dinte, Mackenzie, Elmore, Bell, Bevan and co ..... :shock:

Latest posts