What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

POPEYE

Coach
Didn't think I'd find enough to bump this thread but lo an behold Soup Nazi Maguire has come to my rescue in this the self titled 'RL Bullshit Time Of The Year'. The problem is, with regarding every game of the season in the same way 'normal' people do the finals/gf, the real season was over for me last week . . . I'll be joining the 50% of RL followers that don't give a shit but will watch out of interest

Anyway, back to Madge, the vibes through the glass of the coach's box have had it for weeks the bloke was looking for something to add to his resume for his next gig. Still a surprise if not unexpected, his ability is the kind that runs out of momentum more than it runs out of ideas

Methinks he needs a steady turnover of players, his style is not suited to personnel going stale, he doesn't seem to cope well when his mob don't remember the good times. Headlines are all I've read and some are stating the obvious, Madge might do well with the Titans

A few people will hope he will bring his short lived discipline to a mob that is in dire need of it, most will be only interested in what he does with Hayne . . . the threat of 'egg on face' for management might be not be conducive to Maguire getting the job

POPEYE

Coach
First draw of the Wankerland Lottery where only the best teams win . . . always great for a laugh

Got to be a whole lot f**king better than each team playing the rest twice for the Shield and the best 2 play a gf

POPEYE

Coach
Yeah nah that'd be about as interesting as televised election coverage.
Can't agree with you there mate, 100% of RL supporters holding their interest right til the end of a 30 round Shield comp because their team could either win the thing or f**k the chances of others winning would be more interesting than referees shitting on the finals . . . crowd totals would have to be better given the half empty stadiums the finals have produced

Got to get a snicker out of any supporters who think gf winners are automatically the best team of the year, according to their reckoning the Sharks/Seagles have finished the season equal 7th . . . or is it 8th

POPEYE

Coach
Trent Hodkinson being nominated for the Ken Stephen Medal is not to be taken lightly, out of character for this thread maybe, mention of his heroics can only be the antithesis of a pisstake. The bloke has done as much good for RL as he did for Hannah . . . we cannot thank him enough

POPEYE

Coach
I should've lingered longer on the Sunshine, no-one in NSW except the branch of my family that dotes on the Roosters is interested in the NRL 'finals', most of the interest in the bush surrounds local footy codes. Can imagine how despondent Newsouthwelshmen RL supporters are with 2 full blood and 1 defacto Qld teams still alive with the most despised NSW team it's only representative

Might be as boring as batshit in NSW but the Wally Lewis News has the season still flying along nicely, the Qld SOO players are practicing for next year and NRL is alive and well in the joint. My interest was aroused when it was said 'a Qld icon might return to the finals' thinking Thurston might make a cameo appearance. Unfortunately it was only Scott, a front rower with no game time is about as notable as a prick in a shirt-sleeve

Crikey, if I wasn't a NSW traitor I'd have to barrack for the Roosters, be forced to watch the DM's in desperation for a RL fix and cross my fingers NSW has players in the Australian team, that's what you get when the NRL finishes the real season too early . . . bring on the Big Bash

POPEYE

Coach
I don't give a rat's arse about the NRL finals/gf because I consider them/it a reality demotion but the State Cup GF's are a different matter. These games are genuine indicators because players are striving to show they're capable of playing NRL . . . or at least feeding their families

The Penrith/Wyong game is to be televised live on Fox but not the PNG/Sunshine Coast game which is televised only in Qld by Ch9. Gives you an idea of how f**king backward RL is in Australia, imagine the US not televising college NFL nationally . . . they do don't they

Apparently no-one in NSW would be interested in seeing the PNG Hunters play in a gf, it's not an uncommon enough experience to satisfy Fox/9 in all the eastern states even if only on delay . . . I knew I should have lingered longer in the State where RL matters most

POPEYE

Coach
Man, this is getting better every f**king week. Wankerland's gf is now to be played by 2 Qld teams, one ridgey didge and one defacto. If you don't accept that you'll probably accept Ch9 and Victoria are 'The Home of RL'

The best team of '17 will be chosen next week and the Cowboys can't finish worse than 2nd. Only an imaginary friend would know what would've happened if the season went 1 week longer with 30 rounds and a top 2 gf . . . pisstake maths anyone?

I've still got my fingers crossed Thurston will play, why not go the whole hog and have him kick a one-pointer to win the gf. If Cronk and Slater have to lose their last game who better to than their SOO best mate Thurston. This gf is going to be a Kangaroo selection trial and Qld SOO reunion wrapped in one . . . I f**king love win/win games

POPEYE

Coach
Crikey, the party in Wankerland is in full swing with Pull Pudding and Jerky on the table and Clayton's in the esky, the guest of honour is RL's new #1 player Michael Morgan. Later on when he reluctantly accepts the Jarryd Hayne Trophy for 'Best Six Months Of RL' he undoubtedly will wish he wasn't there . . . he wants to be remembered for much more

Morgs doesn't need to worry, like Cronk he might be manufactured but it was by experts, none of that Hayne in a mirror bullshit. Michael probably will never be the greatest of all time like Thurston is now but it won't be from Johnathon's lack of input. Morgs had it made when he was invited to Qld's annual Best Of The Best Camp to be tutored by the greatest spine that ever was

The only lessons for MM left to learn are psychological. He needs to develop a Thurston laugh, a Cronk take the piss and a Smith suck shit. Cronk's working on take the piss as we speak, let's hope Morgs understands the ritual . . . Cooper is trying his best to educate him in mind games

POPEYE

Coach
Fmd, you need a decent pair of wellies to wade through this week's bullshit. Just catching a news report on the DM's was enough for me, seeing Woods on stage almost had the remote immersed in coffee trying to change channels

My home ban on any RL related media almost worked, the empathy I feel for teams trying to go about their business and run the media gauntlet at the same time deems the bullshit be ignored. If Wankerland needs 3 games of Origin to decide who's best then it surely needs best out of 3 to decide it's gf . . . 1st game can't be any more than a distraction by default

Methinks it hilarious that people who consider themselves a RL aficionado, supporters if you like, have to be told what Melbourne/NQ have to do to win. I can only imagine what Ikin's experts and Jabba have revealed . . . my bet is 'frustration' is the Storm's Achille's heel and the Cowboys need to be close and steamroll at the end . . . whodathought after years of same ol' same ol' methodology

At least if nothing else all the f**king crap has what really matters on gf day flying under the radar. By far the most important game of RL is between PNG Hunters and Penrith. Not only because Western PNG is trying to break away from the insidious Indonesia and join the RL loving East but because RL needs a seachange. The only people who want Penrith to win should be their supporters

POPEYE

Coach
It's painfully obvious that a team without an NRL club affiliation will struggle in the State Cup competitions so the Hunters must be congratulated on how far they came. If they were the official feeder team for an NRL side with a few experienced players in the mix they wouldn't have looked like a duck out of water yesterday

Can't see the situation changing anytime soon with the political turmoil the little blokes have to go through and the risks an NRL club and its players would face supporting them. It would be hoped that no-one watching the Hunters/Penrith game would mock the effort of the clearly undersized Kumuls who show the ticker their ancestors did in WW2

Let's hope if and when Fiji plays in the NSW Cup they will have the support of an NRL club or at least ex-NRL players and we don't have the conundrum of PNG

T-Boon

Coach
Can't see the situation changing anytime soon with the political turmoil the little blokes have to go through and the risks an NRL club and its players would face supporting them. It would be hoped that no-one watching the Hunters/Penrith game would mock the effort of the clearly undersized Kumuls who show the ticker their ancestors did in WW2

We should change the rules of the game up enough so that the smaller guys like PNGs, Aboriginals etc are not so disadvantaged. For every massive unit like Taumalolo there should be a little Alfie Langer or Chris Sandow type ready to run around him when fatigue sets in.

POPEYE

Coach
We should change the rules of the game up enough so that the smaller guys like PNGs, Aboriginals etc are not so disadvantaged. For every massive unit like Taumalolo there should be a little Alfie Langer or Chris Sandow type ready to run around him when fatigue sets in.
Still not sure what you want to be are you TB . . . a pisstaker like Albert, a sniper like AG or an all-round good bloke like Life's Good

'Aboriginals come in one size' is hardly a punch line, no-one f**ked with Artie and Latrell's determined to carry the flag. We just need to revert to the old rule 'once you're off you're off' to countermand Taumalolo . . . even a 4 interchange would do. Anyway, didn't you notice Munster making Jason his bitch in the 'grand' game

No, all the PNG's need is players with NRL experience in the team, no other State Cup team is made up entirely of top grade novices. The team needs to be bivouacked on the Australian mainland the entire season if established NRL players are to come to their aid

POPEYE

Coach
At 18-0 in the pissant cup one of the on-field referees was heard saying 'can't see them coming back from this' then we see Melbourne penalised enough to allow a NQ try, apparently to 'even up' the game. Except for the blatant disregard of Cronk's legs being attacked in mid air whilst kicking the game up until then was refereed like Origin

Like Origin the game had its fair share of misdemeanors, both sides were counting to 3 in tackles, both sides were throwing 'flat' passes, both not always square and most play-the-balls were token efforts. There were few wrong-doings than disadvantaged either side

I gave the referees the benefit of the doubt, Ch9 didn't replay what Billy did and the lopsided penalty count might very well have all of a sudden been deserved. Just the same the Cowboys narrowly missed 18-12 and then anything could've happened . . . maybe then Cecchin mightn't have relinquished his fervor to even-up the game

Which is why I refuse to recognize a RL season coming down to one game

POPEYE

Coach
The RL World Cup could do with an Australian 'B' team if a 'C' team could still beat the rest of the World. This dominance is really doing the world game no good at all, Mal can afford to pick a full team of his favourites and imagine his mirror reflects a supercoach . . . it's that easy

Naturally I'll be barracking for NZ as I always do even with Johnson in 'charge', it would be remiss of me not to stir the pot. Then again, my mum was a Pom so why not hope for a boilover. It's not f**king easy being an ambassador for The Good Of The Game

Seriously, if I knew Mal would have to play the best of his squad I'd drive the caravan down to Melbourne for the first game, make a week of it . . . be good to go rectangular in Victoria

Pedge1971

First Grade
The RL World Cup could do with an Australian 'B' team if a 'C' team could still beat the rest of the World. This dominance is really doing the world game no good at all, Mal can afford to pick a full team of his favourites and imagine his mirror reflects a supercoach . . . it's that easy

Naturally I'll be barracking for NZ as I always do even with Johnson in 'charge', it would be remiss of me not to stir the pot. Then again, my mum was a Pom so why not hope for a boilover. It's not f**king easy being an ambassador for The Good Of The Game

Seriously, if I knew Mal would have to play the best of his squad I'd drive the caravan down to Melbourne for the first game, make a week of it . . . be good to go rectangular in Victoria

This post is such battered sav in the mans shed ex grandkids.

Latest posts