What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

POPEYE

Coach
I reckon you enjoy taking the piss out of Souffs just as much as the rest of LU Pops. If Angus wants to better himself he needs to get out of the swamp and learn under Robbo or Flanno.
I don't enjoy taking the piss out of clubs . . . not like players who deserve it, the media and one-eyed wanker supporters. I'd like to see Souths piss off to somewhere they'd do more good, because like the AFL version which metamorphosed into the Swans fans would follow them to Perth

If Souths played dirty with recruitment and with the right coaching staff Angus wouldn't have to go anywhere . . . maybe we can put an 'o' on the end of the new Rabbitoh coach

POPEYE

Coach
Three words just about sum up scheduling from The Home Of Rugby League . . . 'Lethal f**king Weapon' . . . as long as Ch9 are in control age will never weary Gibson & Glover and the years will condemn RL to be sacrificed to Origin

Good to see Women's RL gathering momentum, some people scoff at its significance but some people scoff at the significance of International RL . . . they could form a 'Let's Keep Rugby League Insignificant' group and place ads on 9

Titans are hopeful of signing Gordon and why not, the bloke looks for the ball the whole game . . . the coach says he's looking to take the team on a new tack

England is to play NZ in the US next year, even if they won't see the best hopefully the Yanks will relegate the game to the Too Hard Basket . . . the World doesn't need Trump's mob taking RL any more seriously than it does Soccer

POPEYE

Coach
Flanno says Dugan's best years are ahead of him, makes sense if he's being signed as a key player. Pearce/Hunt are about the same age, signed as key players, there may be more that if their coach is asked will be touted as 'having their best years ahead of them'

If the bloke who interviews players for Ch9, the one who most always gets 'not really' as his first answer, wanted something positive he could do the rounds of all the coaches . . . ffs, Arthur would say that Hayne at 29 still has his best years ahead

It might be the in the eye of the beholder but my fervent wish is the bloke with the best years ahead of him is Blake Green

POPEYE

Coach
It's not good to dwell on Hayne but his returning to Parra might be a good thing, once he settles in we'll find out once and for all which of Gutherson and French is the better player. Trying to find their place against each other is nothing like trying to survive, they know Jarryd will try to ensure one has to be relegated to f**k knows where

Hayne won't believe for a second that a fit Gutherson or French will run rings around him or that Arthur thinks he's a cheap incentive to keep the boys on their toes. The dope will really believe he's the Parra saviour, or at least now and again can act like one . . . which will be good enough for his supporters

The rest of us will imagine Arthur is trying to guard against catastrophic absenteeism, the Eels do well with a full compliment but their fine line is thinner than most . . . at least with Hayne as a scapegoat he can claim absolution

Saxon

Bench
Three words just about sum up scheduling from The Home Of Rugby League . . . 'Lethal f**king Weapon' . . . as long as Ch9 are in control age will never weary Gibson & Glover and the years will condemn RL to be sacrificed to Origin
So in the end the SuperLeague war achieved nothing. In 1995 Australian Rugby League was Packer's bitch, and 22 years later Nein are still calling the shots and treating the fans as second class citizens.

POPEYE

Coach
Can't believe I agree completely with something the bloke in a red bandana would ever espouse, he's no Roy Masters and might be trying to promote a new book but imo the waste of money on new stadia is obscene

Then again, if I ever bothered to visit one of the current giant stadiums again I'd probably be as awestruck as I was when I went to the Paralympic games in 2000, a half full stadium that big was as emotive as the athletes . . . I wondered how many times a year a joint that size would actually be filled

According to our man Grant we must be turning people away in droves every week, the need for bigger stadiums is paramount in Sydney. It's ironic that Victoria, the home of Australian sport because they prefer sport, don't find the need for half a dozen half filled behemoths

Must admit I'm prejudice, having being awoken by helicopters 3 times last night as they ferried the sick from Mudgee hospital to Dubbo. Even if it was not a usual occurrence I'd prefer that instead of the NSW Govt trying to stay in office by creating jobs for meaningless shit they'd create places for medical personnel to go to save lives . . . maybe if Fox and 9 took my RL away I'd be more condescending

POPEYE

Coach
There is talk of an instantaneous 'concussion metre' about to be trialled, has to be better than asking a player questions he never knew the answers to. If it works it may replace booze bus drug testing, who gives a shit what is affecting the driving as long as the victim/perp is sidelined

There are some players who should volunteer a pre-game test, their every day awareness might be a hindrance to accuracy . . . blank looks can sometimes be deceiving

POPEYE

Coach
The Manly Rort is probably not worth anywhere near as much attention as Wankerland will give it, in reality just another Melbourne /Parramatta saga. You'd have to have the exact figures/names to discern if money was used to poach players from other clubs that were disadvantaged by their theft

If the salary cap helped circumvent clubs losing players they 'deserved' as it was designed to do and made it hard for clubs taking players they didn't we should all be outraged . . . it doesn't. The question is which players that didn't already 'belong' to them did Manly pay over the top that made a real difference to the chances of other clubs

Can't count DCE or the Turbos, not Taufua and obviously not Green . . . maybe Taupua if he was paid 'too much'. Is he the only player his previous club 'needed', maybe there's someone else . . . five years they say

POPEYE

Coach
On the new Ridgey Didge NRL website they headline it with 'Hunt the man Dragons have been chasing for 20 years' and underneath 'Fantasy League'. The FL has as much interest to me as dressing up on a Sunday morn and being preached to by some bludger with his collar on back to front but I do enjoy a good snigger . . . which the Dragons headline provides

I'm getting cramp from fingers crossed that Hunt/Pearce/Green/Croft, amongst others, go gangbusters in '18 but the way naïve supporters are seen by media is almost surpassed by the way they are buffooned by the Greenberg mob and it's 'official' website

Hunt hopefully is the man the Dragons need to fill the void but 'chasing for 20 years' is the shudder after a piss. If it takes longer to find their missing link than the Storm have been in existence there's something seriously f**king wrong with their recruitment programme

POPEYE

Coach
Been preaching for years there are as many ways to beat the cap as there are car dealers with clout, I just wish Melbourne had of had their current management since the beginning. The Storm's wheelers and dealers have gone from godawful to guru, it's Melbourne's fault anyone is more the wiser . . . like the priesthood nothing less than a Royal Commission will now satisfy the masses

I'd reckon the team with Victoria at it's feet would have their 'extras' well under control by now, it would be all kinds of f**king dumb if they haven't learnt to cover tracks. The NRL will do its best to avoid more over the top embarrassment, the Roosters/Broncos might be the next best tall poppies but they are too well versed to fall

Let's hope there is no witch hunt where only little witches are burnt at the stake, make some new rules in layman language. Let bygones be bygones and have a common sense ceiling payment scheme bring RL out of the dark ages . . . hopefully no better time to introduce meaningful one-club player incentives

POPEYE

Coach
Kasiano looks like a man befitting his heritage, gone hopefully for good is the quasi Mediterranean/SWS façade, seems as though he's catering to the many Pacific Islanders that live in Melbourne. Don't think he'll ever become nimble enough for AFL but what man where he comes from would want to play Stoop & Fumble

Sam may be the main course to prove which coaching/training methods are the tastiest, Finucane who is now touted as a genuine Origin-al is the appetizer, no longer a Dessie waste product. All depends if Sam can go one better than Champion, a man with promise who failed to make the gruel grade

POPEYE

Coach
Grasping at straws now. The heat kept me indoors yesterday so it was almost a full day of Cricket, I tried as hard as I could to minimize the commentary without losing the televised atmosphere. Cricket without the noise of the crowd is abysmal, it was almost not enough clicking the mute button when Tubby and Pietersen had the floor

I was reminded of when Fox gave the option of choosing RL background noise or commentary for those of us who don't need to have what we see explained. With today's technology . . . drone's, replays, decision by video . . . why can't we have the commentary box separated from everything else by a red button

ed-grimley

Bench
Grasping at straws now. The heat kept me indoors yesterday so it was almost a full day of Cricket, I tried as hard as I could to minimize the commentary without losing the televised atmosphere. Cricket without the noise of the crowd is abysmal, it was almost not enough clicking the mute button when Tubby and Pietersen had the floor

I was reminded of when Fox gave the option of choosing RL background noise or commentary for those of us who don't need to have what we see explained. With today's technology . . . drone's, replays, decision by video . . . why can't we have the commentary box separated from everything else by a red button
Less is more as far as cricket commentary goes.

POPEYE

Coach
As club coaches go Freddie has proven to be the equal of Mal, very f**king ordinary, they were great players and we all know great players have trouble passing the word on. The key to Freddie fooling Wankerland will be has he found a 'Hagan'

Fittler has an entourage on the Blues coaching staff seemingly almost as big as the team itself if you include the names on his speed dial but the official Assistant Coach could be the catalyst that has Freddie's teeth flashing in the sunlight. Purists, especially those from NSW, will be pinning their hopes on a different Novocastrian

Buderus won't care if he's left holding the bags, he didn't stand in the way of Brown even when his coaching vibes were good and he wasn't too great a player to disqualify himself from becoming a Supercoach

It all depends if Freddie isn't confused by the cacophony of advice he'll be barraged with, just him as front man and Danny, the unassuming man with the headphones offering advice should be enough . . . while they wait for the best Origin team in history to dissipate a little

POPEYE

Coach
Bump time . . . Rusty should take his mob to Perth, the new stadium is as big a venue to play in as there are opportunities to disguise all kinds of revenue, NRL clubs need to make the joint they represent their own . . . Nick shows the way

POPEYE

Coach
Sometimes you find yourself wishing for the strangest things, Pearce is now one of the beloved, who doesn't want him to be a knight in shining armour. Who couldn't have been more happy seeing Uate be redeemed by the Seagles

What if Tony Williams finds salvation with the Eels, now that would be an impressive turnaround no-one could denigrate, hopefully he rains on the Hayne Parade. What about little Sammy with the Raiders, there'll be a lot of fingers crossed with him that were once raised against

Ryan Hoffman is of course the closest I'll come to hoping for a reincarnation but who can go past Benji . . . may every pass be well directed, every decision be the right one and may he finish at the time and in the colours of his choosing

POPEYE

Coach
More of a pimple than a bump . . . it's about time the Dally M choreographers added another dance . . . 'CEO Of The Year'

Latest posts