What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

Knight Vision

First Grade
More of a pimple than a bump . . . it's about time the Dally M choreographers added another dance . . . 'CEO Of The Year'
you need to get a job mate. If you're retired you need to find a hobby. Blabbering away on a website with nonsensical prose that no one bothers to read is just not healthy.

POPEYE

Coach
Can't help but wonder what Ivan has in mind, he's either feeling the water in a Brownie-like expedition, doesn't have any money or is determined to prove his coaching ability the hard way. There are a few clubs looking like bouncing back next year but the Tigers are not one of them

The question is can Cleary afford to play the waiting game, his son is bound to join him but who else, the current squad looks like a dentistry waiting room. Benji is actually a great addition compared to most, there has to be a hidden agenda with all the other 'temporaries' . . . surely Ivan is not only thinking of throwing his boy the largest payday in history

Expecting good things from the Knights/Titans/Dragons/Warriors is enough for one season but how long do the Tigers' followers have to wait . . . why not bring back the 'Magpies', see if the TPA world would gather around a sweet sounding Aussie icon

POPEYE

Coach
For all I know Jarryd could be in trouble simply because of an outraged father or he may be the devil incarnate, it's not for me to judge, as a player I think he's the equivalent of a standard EH Holden occasionally on nitrous

Joel was the victim of lousy mates, still a talent worthy of the NRL but forced to ESL by Wankerland's caterwauling. Mitchell was made to feel sorry for himself by the same people because he couldn't save NSW, resulting in more inappropriate behavior highlighted by 'friends'

'Kangaroo court' might not be Australian in origin but to be proven innocent afterwards didn't help Brett, an apology harder to get than a date with Charlize. Imo Todd as a player wasn't worth much more than the pint of piss he tried to drink, feeling sorry for himself his biggest problem

What should really matter to RL followers is how these blokes play, contributing to the welfare of a media that pretends to be a friend of the game is carcinogenic . . . I'd rather see Jarryd ostracised for the right reason

POPEYE

Coach
I'm going to prey to the footy gods for Sticky in '18 for the same reason I bought a Storm jersey in '98 . . . just for the f**king hell of it. He's still got Sezer and without Hodgson, two seemingly insurmountable obstacles, but he's now an underdog on paper . . . irresistible if you're a True Blue

Given the circumstances it'd have been nice if Cronk's lady wanted to live in Canberra. With Sticky's picture on the dressing room wall, Aidan in ESL and Cooper's brain on the field the Raiders might have done without Josh

Still, now that the coach has graduated from the ground to the stands he may see where he's going wrong. If the Raiders can't afford to poach a footy brain maybe they'll dig around in someone's, anyone's, backyard . . . come up with a Cronk of their own making

POPEYE

Coach
Joel Thompson might have the tats of a meathead but players don't have to be a Rhodes scholar to be popular nor valuable to an NRL team. He's a likeable bloke, gives his all on and off the field, might even inspire the Seagles to forget their woes

It's a shame he didn't go to a team with direction, he seems to prefer haphazadry over functionality, it might've been a good move if the Manly grass had remained Green. In all likelihood Joel was pushed, the Dragons may finally have a plan to match their top echelon adversaries and the bloke is unfortunate as being expendable

It would've been nice to see him revel in a Hunt experiment that worked instead of in a why-the-f**k waste of spare coin that Manly could've thrown at an 'unknown' with a possible footy brain. The most depressing thing about the NRL is the lack of searching for someone new . . . still, happy to see Joel being looked after

POPEYE

Coach
The Emerging Maroons are headlined by Kalyn Ponga, it's said he could easily be the next best thing to sliced bread. I'd be happy if he's adequate enough to become an Emerging Knight . . . one step at a time sunshine

POPEYE

Coach
At least RL is not the only sport afflicted with guesswork . . . why the umpire had to put up a 'soft finger' when he didn't have a f**king clue is typical Australian

Maybe Jarryd only gave a soft finger but forgot to cut his nails

POPEYE

Coach
The Fox website has chosen to show an article from almost 12 months ago, it would have to be read properly, not worth the effort really, to discern if the reason was just a little sarcasm or a giant pisstake . . . again from a media that thrives on defiling the game

Comparing the money players like DCE, Thurston, Farah, Smith, Hunt, Burgess, Slater, Foran, Inglis, RTS, Cronk, Hayne and others have drained from club coffers is way worse than my twisted sense of humour can come up with. Granted a few have been great value for money in more ways than one but those in hindsight that have been f**king disasters is hardly an endorsement of the 'stars yet to shine'.

The real point of the message is how many possible champions that could be found spending the same money will remain unknown because clubs are too f**king lazy to look for them. I still hope for instance that Hunt rises like a messiah and Widdop is rewarded with a perfect partner . . . even if no consolation to the One Clubbers In Waiting

POPEYE

Coach
Todd Carney wanting to come back is a case for the NRL allowing the salary cap to be decided on minutes played . . . value for money in other words. Clubs are forced to pay some Forwards full money for half a f**king game, some injury prone players for no minutes at all

The cap should be judged at the end of the year, have players contracted by the minute, the time they actually contribute. Todd wouldn't cost a club much at all, his sporadic appearances might really make a difference and suit his attention span

The NRL could even try a Player Bank, a collection of players that have proven ignoramus records, employed by the governing body as fillers for clubs suffering from absenteeism . . . swap their minutes played for minutes lost in the cap

ed-grimley

Bench
The Fox website has chosen to show an article from almost 12 months ago, it would have to be read properly, not worth the effort really, to discern if the reason was just a little sarcasm or a giant pisstake . . . again from a media that thrives on defiling the game

Comparing the money players like DCE, Thurston, Farah, Smith, Hunt, Burgess, Slater, Foran, Inglis, RTS, Cronk, Hayne and others have drained from club coffers is way worse than my twisted sense of humour can come up with. Granted a few have been great value for money in more ways than one but those in hindsight that have been f**king disasters is hardly an endorsement of the 'stars yet to shine'.

The real point of the message is how many possible champions that could be found spending the same money will remain unknown because clubs are too f**king lazy to look for them. I still hope for instance that Hunt rises like a messiah and Widdop is rewarded with a perfect partner . . . even if no consolation to the One Clubbers In Waiting
I think everyone wants Hunt to go off at Saints, star at SOO and represent his country again.
They also want Cameron to break even more records and Manly to go back-to-back in 18/19.

POPEYE

Coach
I think everyone wants Hunt to go off at Saints, star at SOO and represent his country again.
They also want Cameron to break even more records and Manly to go back-to-back in 18/19.
Whether or not you're being facetious I thank you for the bump. Yes, I hope Hunt is 'on' his game for the Dragons, doubt he'll 'star' at Origin and hope he doesn't because Saints need his full attention . . . playing for his country is ok, being 'adequate' is all that is required there

If you read the Doomsday Report on the Fox website 2018 for each team depends on which single player doesn't f**k up or goes missing, none of it rocket science. What a hopeful purist understands is that a club shouldn't be reliant on one player like the Cowboys weren't on Thurston

Hunt might be a catalyst for the Dragons to do better but hopefully the whole team will step up to make the new season great. The best teams always have contingencies to cure the hiccups, let's hope Mary develops some . . . with the help of Ben

ed-grimley

Bench
Whether or not you're being facetious I thank you for the bump. Yes, I hope Hunt is 'on' his game for the Dragons, doubt he'll 'star' at Origin and hope he doesn't because Saints need his full attention . . . playing for his country is ok, being 'adequate' is all that is required there

If you read the Doomsday Report on the Fox website 2018 for each team depends on which single player doesn't f**k up or goes missing, none of it rocket science. What a hopeful purist understands is that a club shouldn't be reliant on one player like the Cowboys weren't on Thurston

Hunt might be a catalyst for the Dragons to do better but hopefully the whole team will step up to make the new season great. The best teams always have contingencies to cure the hiccups, let's hope Mary develops some . . . with the help of Ben
I suppose Ben could do with a bit of good stuff coming his way after his GF mishap and getting screwed about by Bennett, but not to the point where he helps Saints to a GF win.

POPEYE

Coach
Kevin Roberts was one of the most unobtrusive referees I've seen, at a time when the most dubious referee I've ever seen co-existed. You knew his games were going to be a fair contest, discipline without favouritism evident, could easily referee a game by himself . . . may he rest in peace

POPEYE

Coach
I was hoping Hayne would start the season with Parra, pull the odd good game out of the bag and slowly degenerate to the level a player living in the past should. The simple fact that everything else aside . . . the notoriety. the con-man elite and the worth of keeping a 40 minute player on the field for 80 . . . . the bloke is just not up to it as an inspiration. He will struggle to match the team mascot

All of that is acceptable, many players some of them great have trodden the same path. What is not acceptable is like the rest of us he cannot be left alone, the media doesn't care that he is struggling in all facets of his imaginary world, they are going to hound him until something pops . . . his detractors and supporters alike may soon pity him

POPEYE

Coach
The Gold Coast is no more alien to RL than Melbourne, all that needs to happen is the right infrastructure, culture, mindset . . . or whatever the f**k you want to call it . . . put in place. Brenko Lee is a good signing because he's a good player that will have to prove he's keen to get a run, he has to fight for a spot

Melbourne is successful because players have to be keen, nowhere to hide and certainly no place to dawdle. Saying the GC is carcinogenic to sport is bullshit, the team doesn't need to have 'locals' playing in it, doesn't need to have local business supporting it and doesn't need 'homesick' Qldrs

The Titans just have to win, the joint has only to become another stronghold that shouldn't be but is . . . just needs Brennan to be the catalyst

Latest posts