What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Riff

Bench
Your comments don't bother me at all old boy. I often click on this thread to get your unique perspective. My comment was sarcastic, cryptic and directed at the smartarse kid.
My avatar?, well I guess a lot of Texans would wear the "Redneck" badge with pride, but the late, great JW would qualify only superficially, a bit like meself.

POPEYE

Coach
Your comments don't bother me at all old boy. I often click on this thread to get your unique perspective. My comment was sarcastic, cryptic and directed at the smartarse kid.
My avatar?, well I guess a lot of Texans would wear the "Redneck" badge with pride, but the late, great JW would qualify only superficially, a bit like meself.

I had an idea what you were doing but the kid wouldn't have so you left me with little choice but go into a pussy explanation . . . I'm still in mourning at the loss of Gary Moore but he was Irish

POPEYE

Coach
20 posts left till thread lock. Are you going to go a 2nd installment Pop's?

Just the man I wanted to talk to. A renowned Rooster supporter once told me Mose Masoe was too gentle a giant and he wouldn't make it in the NRL. Don't know who's idea it was to let him go, Robbo or Taylor, but seems ironic they're talking about poaching Tuamalolo when they should have waited for Mose's pubics to sprout

The bloke appeared to me yesterday to have shed some of the baby fat and imo is more threatening than JWH. Have you heard where he's playing when he returns . . . sorry mate, loaded question. Another who impressed was also someone Robbo should have had a decent shot at, the bloke with the Nth Korean haircut. BJ has all the attributes needed to play centre, desire to stay on the straight and narrow the only lesson needed . . . still in his early 20's ffs

What do you reckon, RR Mk2 worth a shot or should I thank my lucky stars and call it quits

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
On Mose the word is the Dragons. Personaly I hope he comes back to Penrith. The story when he was granted the release to go to England was that Penrith would get first crack on his return. He was a little underwhelming in his first few games for us, but it didn't take long for him to become a very valuable impact player. I am of the belief that had we had him this year we would have won the MP & made the pissant cup. Souffs most likely would still have won though. Great pick up for whoever gets him provided the coach can motivate him as Cleary did.

Definatly part 2. Your musings are sometimes right on the money, sometimes way off the mark & sometimes just plain laughable, but for the most part entertaining. If this isn't the perfect place for a bloke like you to soapbox, then I give up. Besides AG would be gutted if you pulled the pin now.

POPEYE

Coach
The Poms didn't do much different than they usually do but I thought they were hard done by not earning a few more penalties in the play-the-balls. Stoppages in favour of the Aussies didn't always do them a favour, they needed momentum more than penalties but the outcome always seemed just a matter of time

Be interesting to see how many winning games Greg Bird has played in during his career, imo the bloke is a boat anchor more trouble than he's worth. Then again none of the Kangaroos had a perfect game and it's lucky Sheens sprayed Hunt with Slater's aftershave so the captain could sniff out a trademark try. Saturday's game was better

POPEYE

Coach
In case anyone's wondering why I singled out Bird it's probably for something as disingenuous as considering him a jinx, in the same way I do Ben Roberts. If players were allocated a win/lose percentage I'd be surprised if Bird's wasn't lousy but that's beside the point. I have difficulty believing the bloke has talent worthy of anything other than club games, he certainly doesn't do the Titans any favours

Do NSW play better Origin without him? Is there no better alternative for the Kangaroos? Is the drama he brings compensated by the occasional highlight? I could be wrong but it's funny how some players stick in the craw as bad ideas when premium teams are selected, I'm sure everyone has their own bugbear player. Greg Bird happens to be one of mine

POPEYE

Coach
Stroke of luck if Masoe did go to Melbourne, not just because he is eligible to join other permanent members of the NZ forward pack once he matures under the right guidance, but because he is unique. Unique because he is keenly sought after by other clubs but does not have to be poached . . . unless you're a St Helen's supporter

The Storm are becoming increasingly associated with Kiwi football, the annual pilgrimage to introduce NZ youngsters will undoubtedly be on again and maybe Hoffman is a Warrior because of the connection. If nothing is going to be done about the Origin fiasco at least Melbourne won't have to donate forwards, even if Mose wants to remain a Samoan

If Bellamy turns Nona into a champion he may have to lose him to Origin but if he brings those Thurston style banana kicks I won't mind. The point is, no team can afford to lose more than 2 players to Origin and expect to finish the year in good nick so the more a team is loaded with ineligibles the better . . . which is a happy situation for players migrating to Australia, not so good for the born and breds

POPEYE

Coach
See where Blake Austin says he has to earn the #6 spot at the Raiders and doesn't expect to walk straight in, he wants to be careful, even Stuart isn't silly enough to believe that. The bloke is in Canberra simply because it's the one team in the comp where he will walk straight in and more importantly have the best chance of staying in.

The bloke is an extrovert, a young one at that, experimentation is his stock in trade and Penrith/Wests have enough extroverted players to contend with which is why they didn't fight harder to keep him. If Canberra make a splash in '14 it won't be because of the coach who isn't secure without water wings, it will be because Austin steers the ship

Hopefully the Green Machine will earn the title and Blake has a blockbuster year, he knows he'll be able to get away with a whole lot more eccentricity and mistakes along the way should be turned a blind eye to. He must have looked at Stuart's perseverance with McCrone and thought 'f**king hallelujah, at last a coach I can talk into anything' . . . should be well worth following the Raiders

Apologies to Glenn and Snake for the wrong spelling

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
Not into gossip I'm struggling to find much to talk about that centres on 80 minutes of footy but I was interested to hear Willie is determined to prove people wrong . . . again. I'm not sure how many people have wronged Mason over the years, he's too big to hide and everything he does, good or bad, has been obvious imo

The leading statement on his resume over the past few years has been his ability to talk players up out of the depth of despair, a sort of tattooed social worker. I would have thought putting on a Seagle jersey was more than enough inspiration for any player, copying his feats on the field seems detrimental to the Manly way. Maybe Toovey is suffering bouts of laryngitis and Willie's mouth doesn't need batteries

Just as strange a decision is making Justin Hodges captain of the Broncos, I suppose even if he can't play a reasonable amount of games he does have a presence equal to Mason. I'm a believer that a captain should be an extremely unusual sight on the sideline and shouldn't be included in substitutions let alone be a temporary worker

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Any news about when your blog is getting syndicated? Want an editor? I've extensive experience in all things bullshit.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not into gossip I'm struggling to find much to talk about that centres on 80 minutes of footy but I was interested to hear Willie is determined to prove people wrong . . . again. I'm not sure how many people have wronged Mason over the years, he's too big to hide and everything he does, good or bad, has been obvious imo

The leading statement on his resume over the past few years has been his ability to talk players up out of the depth of despair, a sort of tattooed social worker. I would have thought putting on a Seagle jersey was more than enough inspiration for any player, copying his feats on the field seems detrimental to the Manly way. Maybe Toovey is suffering bouts of laryngitis and Willie's mouth doesn't need batteries

Just as strange a decision is making Justin Hodges captain of the Broncos, I suppose even if he can't play a reasonable amount of games he does have a presence equal to Mason. I'm a believer that a captain should be an extremely unusual sight on the sideline and shouldn't be included in substitutions let alone be a temporary worker

Sounds reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.