What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reds in the Media

Perth Red

Post Whore
Mods any chance of making this a sticky?

Link and discussions on Reds coverage in the media.

Disappointed that the Staurday West didn't have any Reds news in it this week. Good write up of the game in the Sunday Times again. No pictures though.

ARe Fox showing any JB Cup games?

joondalup_giant

Staff member
why not just have each article seperate?

2days west had a small article bout the reds injury concerns this week.

dont know about fox, i was looking 4ward 2 them showing the match of the round like they did last year but doesnt seem like there doin it this year?

Alehana

Juniors
apparantely they r going to show jim beam matches (i think) towards the end of the year.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
very doubtfull you'll get 1, i sent the west a thank you e-mail about there increase in league coverage, but we still want more!

Nuke

Staff member
Did it get published, Joondalup_Giant? If so, I didn't see it (but I may be able to find it at work as we have lots of recent-past old newspapers there).

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dissapointed that there was nothing in the West on Friday or Saturday about tonights game. You would think given the WARL are buying two advertising places in the West a week that they would at least run a preview of the game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good piece in the Sat TV mag on SOO game. Very complimentary of League and critical about AFL!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great Reds coverage in todays Sunday Times with a full half page and colour photos. Wendall Sailor helped but it was a great piece and with the next page being full of NRL it is probably the most RL I have seen in a WA paper for years!

flamin

Juniors
Great Reds coverage in todays Sunday Times with a full half page and colour photos. Wendall Sailor helped but it was a great piece and with the next page being full of NRL it is probably the most RL I have seen in a WA paper for years!
Perhaps you could upload some pics should anything come up of note.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Still no game preview in the West on Fri or Sat! Really annoying me, especially as the Reds spend money on placing an advert in the paper!

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Ive email the West's editor paul Armstrong paul.armstrong@wanews.com.au about why the Reds nor rugby league is ever featured in the 'rugby' pullout.

He did say he will discuss this with his sports editor, so whether anything changes I dont know. Keep an eye out as I don't as a rule but the West because of their usual anti-RL stance.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lets all do the same, they might get the message eventually!

Dear Paul, I am continually disappointed by your lack of coverage of the WA Reds Jim Beam Cup Team. I buy the West every Friday and Saturday in the hope that there may be a preview of the Reds game for that weekend but they are never featured. They are the 5th best supported sports club in the city and spend money placing adverts in your paper so I would expect the West would carry news stories on their development and preview their games. The Sunday Times is doing an excellent job in covering the match reports and club news in their paper. I am surprised that the West isn't matching their efforts.
Also if you are going to have a pull out on "Rugby" how about featuring both "Rugby" codes?
regards

Last edited: