What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reds in the Media

Perth Red

Post Whore
Still not Reds coverage in the West!

I don't no what their problem is with us but I am getting fed up that there is nothing in the Saturday or Monday papers. They don't even put our results in the sports round up bit. A really don't understand it given what minority sports they do cover and given the fact the Reds are spending money with them on adverts.

If you haven't done so yet fire off an email to the editor and sports editor. I still haven't had a reply but keep resending it!

Does anyone know the sports editors email?

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Still not Reds coverage in the West!

I don't no what their problem is with us but I am getting fed up that there is nothing in the Saturday or Monday papers. They don't even put our results in the sports round up bit. A really don't understand it given what minority sports they do cover and given the fact the Reds are spending money with them on adverts.

If you haven't done so yet fire off an email to the editor and sports editor. I still haven't had a reply but keep resending it!

Does anyone know the sports editors email?

Craig.nitschke@wanews.com.au

nitschkes@aapt.net.au

Don't hold your breath, the guy is thru and thru AFL! Here's his club he coaches at!
http://www.maristfc.com.au/contacts.htm

Last edited:

Goldthorpe

Bench
Lets all do the same, they might get the message eventually!

Dear Paul, I am continually disappointed by your lack of coverage of the WA Reds Jim Beam Cup Team. I buy the West every Friday and Saturday in the hope that there may be a preview of the Reds game for that weekend but they are never featured. They are the 5th best supported sports club in the city and spend money placing adverts in your paper so I would expect the West would carry news stories on their development and preview their games. The Sunday Times is doing an excellent job in covering the match reports and club news in their paper. I am surprised that the West isn't matching their efforts.
Also if you are going to have a pull out on "Rugby" how about featuring both "Rugby" codes?
regards
5th supported sports club in the city?? What?? How about the following:

West Coast Eagles
Fremantle Dockers
Western Force
Perth Wildcats
Perth Glory
Western Warriors
West Coast Fever
Perth Lynx

There is no way in the world the WA Reds are the 5th most supported club in the state. I’d have them ranked at about 8th or 9th.

I’m all for supporting Rugby League to an extent in this state but coming up with bullsh*t figures isn’t on.

Last edited:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

West Coast Eagles
Fremantle Dockers
Western Force
Perth Wildcats
Perth Glory
Western Warriors
Western Fever
Perth Lynx

There is no way in the world the WA Reds are the 5th most supported club in the state. I’d have them ranked at about 8th or 9th.

I’m all for supporting Rugby League to an extent in this state but coming up with bullsh*t figures isn’t on.

Who are the Wildcats, Lynx and Fever? Netball teams?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Coming from someone who wants Darren Lockyer for President? What did he play? WA [Wing Attack] it certainly won’t be defence he wouldn't know what that was. ;-)

Lockyer would be a Goal Shooter, always there to score in the last minute for a great come from behind victory. :p

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors

West Coast Eagles
Fremantle Dockers
Western Force
Perth Wildcats
Perth Glory
Western Warriors
West Coast Fever
Perth Lynx

So did you email the sport editor?

Perth Red

Post Whore

West Coast Eagles
Fremantle Dockers
Western Force
Perth Wildcats
Perth Glory
Western Warriors
West Coast Fever
Perth Lynx

Do you have the Lynx, Wildcats and Warriors attendances from last season? I can't find them anywhere so I presume you have some stats to back up your claim? I wrote that after the Reds drew 2700 to the first game so I am presuming they all must have been getting 3000+?

Goldthorpe

Bench
Do you have the Lynx, Wildcats and Warriors attendances from last season? I can't find them anywhere so I presume you have some stats to back up your claim? I wrote that after the Reds drew 2700 to the first game so I am presuming they all must have been getting 3000+?
Yep, you assume correctly for the Wildcats and the Western Warriors

Perth Wildcats - http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums_crowds.php?id=33

Western Warriors - http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums_crowds.php?id=131

My best mate used to work for the Lynx and the reduced prices from $10 per adult to $5 per adult and they used to half fill Perry Lakes Basketball Stadium which has a capacity of ~2,000.

West Coast Eagles [38,677]
Fremantle Dockers [35,970]
Western Force [27,011]
Perth Glory [7,532]
Western Warriors [5,765]
Perth Wildcats [3.880]
Western Fever [~2,000]
Perth Lynx [~1,000]

I'm guessing the WA Reds will be averaging ~1,200?

KalgoorlieRed: No, I didn't email The West Australian

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would think our average is nearer 1700. Our lowest was 1100 and our highest 2700 with a few around the 1500.

albert

Juniors
How do we find out the "true" figures? Are we doing a South Sydney and "fudging" our crowds?

albert

Juniors
The WARL have had adds during the SOO lets just see what response we get from the W.A. public.Even in todays West newspaper there was an article on the REDS.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes at last the final AFL bastion has been brought down and The West has deemed us news worthy!

Looks like all them emails over the last few weeks to the editor paid off!

I would say our crowd figures are reasonably accurate given what I have guesstimated by the crowd sizes so far. I think the main stand holds around 3000 plus the corporate boxes plus the seats at the front and the side which probably hold around 1000. All up the side in use must hold around 4500 I would think.

Alehana

Juniors
good news every1 on warl forums, and especially on facebook, i found a loophole in the system and regot facebook, and the first club i joined was wa reds, we should get all members there to join this forum, i'll send a post doing that, Nuke is that comment about SBS player u?

Nuke

Staff member
Nah mate ... I don't play for the WA Reds!

It had one T.Sheehan who's playing in the number 6 jersey tonight. I think it's his first run-on game. The show was called 'Footy Chicks'. It's a repeat from either last year or the year before. Recorded a couple of years ago when he was in Sydney.