What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reds

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Do they have a website separate from the WARL one yet?

Also how are memberships going?

Good luck to the Reds on Sat & Brissy on Fri! :D

b0rt

Juniors
every one put a nice big smile on their face
and get ready to be kicked in the teeth

personX: with a new TV deal coming through in 2012 and the NRL looking to expand, surely Perth will be the next team in the NRL?

gallop: well not really.

he then went on to suggest another kiwi team, central coast, south east QLD and PNG have as much (if not more) chance of entering the NRL next

Nuke

Staff member
Where did this come from?

Can't say I'm suprised though ... disappointing at the lack of balls being displayed to take the game to a harder territory. NZ, Central Coast, SE Qld, PNG are all League territories. WA is not. WA, despite it's face value of being a hard market to crack, wouldn't actually be as hard as they'd expect. The WA Reds are doing the hard yards now, so by the time 2012 comes around, there'll be team recognition, support (corporate and fans), good stadium, players, coaches, trainers, and 5 years of experience behind them. Has any other NRL team had any of this in the lead-up to their inclusion? Has any NRL team ever had so much going for them by this stage, yet continuously being punched in the face (okay, maybe Central Coast Bears ... and technically, they're not an NRL team ... yet ...)?

I think that's a no answer to both questions.

b0rt

Juniors
Where did this come from?

Can't say I'm suprised though ... disappointing at the lack of balls being displayed to take the game to a harder territory. NZ, Central Coast, SE Qld, PNG are all League territories. WA is not. WA, despite it's face value of being a hard market to crack, wouldn't actually be as hard as they'd expect. The WA Reds are doing the hard yards now, so by the time 2012 comes around, there'll be team recognition, support (corporate and fans), good stadium, players, coaches, trainers, and 5 years of experience behind them. Has any other NRL team had any of this in the lead-up to their inclusion? Has any NRL team ever had so much going for them by this stage, yet continuously being punched in the face (okay, maybe Central Coast Bears ... and technically, they're not an NRL team ... yet ...)?

I think that's a no answer to both questions.

haha not sure if i can reveal my source there

hopefully by the time 2012 rolls around we have a new CEO!
one with commitment and vision for a National Rugby League

joondalup_giant

Staff member
by 2012 we will have such a strong case 2 join the NRL they wont be able 2 say no!

so lets hope the WARL can prove them wrong! sounds like it truely is goin 2 be a "WAR" (sorry couldnt help it) to get us back in the NRL

Perth Red

Post Whore
It is up to us to be so strong they can't ignore us! Trust me if we can get 20,000 at the Souths games (presuming they happen) and the Reds keep building and move up to the Q'land cup and develop strong corporate support we will be in!

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
It is up to us to be so strong they can't ignore us! Trust me if we can get 20,000 at the Souths games (presuming they happen) and the Reds keep building and move up to the Q'land cup and develop strong corporate support we will be in!

It'll happen, 600 season members for a JB Cup team is nothing to snort at.

& also I may have trouble getting to the game as I live in Brissy, though wouldn't that be a road trip & a half! :D

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Also I'd be worth having a Reds sub-forum on here as the Interstate one seems to have been hijacked :)

Good luck on saturday guys!

Brycey

Juniors
Luckily Gallop doesn't make those decisions and it is left up to the NRL Partnership Board.

Latest posts