What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Robson and our top junior backs

Bench
We have a group of young players that could be anything very soon. We just need a coach that accepts that and bring them on to first grade.
At the moment we don't have that.
I will looking forward to watching the cutters play this year, maybe a bit more then watching first grade

TomRedVRiver

Bench
The Cutters team actually looks stronger than last year's team. Obviously we have young Jai and Dufty coming through but the ones to really keep your eye on are Robson and Herbert. These guys are our future, in a few years time you could see a Dufty/Robson/Field spine, along with Hunt.
Exciting times ahead.

BennyV

Referee
Of those guys, I'd say there's a big future for Herbert and decent first grade career in the future for Dufty, Robson and Garrick. Not expecting a great deal from Thompson or Dodd.

Dragsters

First Grade
Watching them play last season, Herbert and Robson both looked really composed and seemed to have more time than most of the other players on the field.

They look the most likely to make it.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Yep I think Herbert offers the most as a future NRL star. Robson is a work horse and will be like the old fashioned hooker style of play norhing flashy but effective, another very good future star for us.
I've got raps on Matheson Johns and I think he had the makings of a great running forward in a few years.
I'm also realky keen to see Masters and Zac Lomax play in the 20's this year. Big raps on those 2 coming through ad well.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Yep I think Herbert offers the most as a future NRL star. Robson is a work horse and will be like the old fashioned hooker style of play norhing flashy but effective, another very good future star for us.
I've got raps on Matheson Johns and I think he had the makings of a great running forward in a few years.
I'm also realky keen to see Masters and Zac Lomax play in the 20's this year. Big raps on those 2 coming through ad well.

Agree Dragonslayer
Also wendell boy Tristan has the goods I reckon.
There plenty coming though we just need a coach who can bring them though.
Without a good coach they will all suffer.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dragons have a great eye for talent especially in the hooking department. Letting go of Damien Cook and keeping Rein was pure genius. If Robson is that good they should lock him up quick smart. A good No.9 is hard to find and is so crucial to the team. Ask the Storm and Sharks last season.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Agree on all of them, just need a COACH to get the best out of them..

Uplifting

Juniors
Just watched the Sharks tonight. They gave Bird a go in round 1 straight after graduating from u20s a couple of years ago.

Now they're playing a young hooker in FG.

Mary is playing Dufty and Leiloua in reserve grade. Both those boys showed a lot of faith by resigning last year and Mary has not shown them the same faith.

Flano shows faith in his young talent!

There is nothing more exciting than young talent. I don't know why old hazbeens choose to try to hold them back.

dragoninmexico

Juniors
Just watched the Sharks tonight. They gave Bird a go in round 1 straight after graduating from u20s a couple of years ago.

Now they're playing a young hooker in FG.

Mary is playing Dufty and Leiloua in reserve grade. Both those boys showed a lot of faith by resigning last year and Mary has not shown them the same faith.

Flano shows faith in his young talent!

There is nothing more exciting than young talent. I don't know why old hazbeens choose to try to hold them back.

The sharks didn't play Bird until about round 5 against the Roosters and that was after he had a huge nines tournament and the sharks were winless.

possm

Coach
Mary's data shows that some of my most favoured players are not as fit as the players selected in first grade for round 1. The coach should have identified this much earlier this year and taken steps to get each one of them up to scratch.

Mann, Milne, Field and Dufty would have made our 17 look much more potent this week.
Dufty
McDonald
Dugan
Milne
Nightingale
Mann
Widdop
Field on the bench.

Would have been a much better backline. With Widdop and Nightingale to earn selection for round 2.

I think the forwards will sort themselves out over the next couple of rounds however, Lielua, Mosoe and Kerr will be pushing hard for first grade selection.

Vinnie

Juniors
Im really looking forward to wathching the cutters this week as i feel its a great team with some great talent coming through, and Penrith has no shortage of young talent also. Should be better game than first grade.

Bench
With the group mentioned above selected for the cutters I feel that these will develope to be outstanding in first grade. Rather then trying to sign a marquee player we should invest the money and time to the likes of Herbert and the others, they will be future marquee players

possm

Coach
With the group mentioned above selected for the cutters I feel that these will develope to be outstanding in first grade. Rather then trying to sign a marquee player we should invest the money and time to the likes of Herbert and the others, they will be future marquee players
So who do you believe to be the better five-eighth; Herbert, Field, Mann or Widdop?

Vinnie

Juniors
The Dragons junior setup is every bit as good as Penrith's. All we need is an upgrade to the management and coaching to be a very competitive team.
Yeah i agree totally but one difference ... they tend to keep theirs ... we dont. ie Bird, Hastings etc etc

Latest posts