What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Renshaw retires ill because he has to go to the BOG

Das Gupta

Juniors
This deserves its own thread

Australian batsman runs off the pitch... after DIARRHOEA strikes at the wicket
Jon Moody
Nature calling when you're out and about is never a pleasant occurence.

Without wanting to get into too much detail, we've all experienced it: having that uncomfortable little "twinge" out of nowhere, when suddenly the comfort of your home throne feels a million miles away.

There are good places it could happen - at the National Best Toilets Convention, for example. Conversely, there's some very bad places it could happen - like in the middle of a cricket pitch.
Cricket is all about the runs - something perfectly demonstrated by Matt Renshaw today, as Australia's No1 batsman had a No2 emergency during day one of their Test against India.

Going along nicely on 36 not out, Renshaw's upset stomach hit - meaning he had to suddenly sprint off the field and into the dressing room just 15 minutes before lunch.

With the official line being "retired ill", the 20-year-old was eventually replaced by a slightly confused Shaun Marsh.

Now, we've all been been ill before, haven't we? We can all give him some sympathy, right?

Well, former Australia captain Allan Border certainly didn't. Commenting on Fox Sports, he said, "I hope he's lying on the table in there half dead.

"Otherwise, as captain, I would not be happy."

Ouch.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/australian-test-batsman-runs-pitch-9905015

I've seen some hung over and/or drug addled, incoherent batsmen in my time.

They were better bats on a Saturday afternoon than S Marsh...LOL.

Timbo

Staff member
I've seen some hung over and/or drug addled, incoherent batsmen in my time.

They were better bats on a Saturday afternoon than S Marsh...LOL.

Best innings I ever saw was when I played park cricket, game on December 22, guys Christmas party was the night before.

Hung over, coming down, got 120 off about 40 balls and took three screamers at backward point.

To this day has no memory of his only ever ton.