What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rep Round/Denver next week - Who plays?

Burns

First Grade
Last night during commentary Warren Smith mentioned that RTS and SJ were likely to be 'rested' for the Denver Test match. With Kata and Fus picking up injuries this week, you would imagine that they will not play for Tonga on Saturday.

Of the remaining players - who will line up next weekend? Hiku, Luke, Blair and Harris for NZ? Whoever is available for Samoa/Tonga?

Finally, will all those players actually be rested for the game against Cronulla on Friday? Andrew Voss rubbished the idea that they would be 'automatically rested' as Stephen Kearney had announced.

playdaball

Bench
RTS NZ
Ken SA
Kata TO
Hiku NZ??
Fus TO
Green NA
SJ NZ
Passi Nz / TO
Luke NZ
Gavet SA
Papa SA
Harris NZ
Blair NZ

Lawton NA
Mannering NA
Bunty NA
Satae NA / TO
Lino SA
Beale NZ

Warriors could be smashed with internationals coming up. Hopefully the likes of SJ and RTS will be rested.

Diesel

Referee
Be interesting to see who is available and who isn’t.

I’m sure there will be plenty of niggles out of the game last night that need a week off to recover

morningstar

Juniors
Fair enough with SJ, RTS & Beale who are coming off injuries.

Bit disappointed with Harris, but he could be playing with an injury for all we know. Seems the type.

Congratulations big Kenny. Probably the most improved player in the comp this year. What a turn around.

Looking forward to seeing who the other debutants are. Good opportunity to refresh the team after the Kidwell debacle.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Likely Kiwis Backs given media speculation/reports?

Hiku
DWZ
Marsters
Whare
Maumalo

Isaako 18th/19th man?

Cold Roses

Juniors
Forwards

Tapau?
Luke
NAS
Proctor
Tapine
Blair

Ah Mau
Fisher-Harris
Faitala-Mariner
Harawira-Naera

That leaves 3 places for halves and backup hooker.

Cold Roses

Juniors
As much as I’m a ‘Kiwis first’ traditionalist, I’m actually happy that this game seems like won’t have a negative impact on the Warriors season.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Absolute debacle. The Kiwis' best three players, all fit, and (quite rightly by SK) unavailable. And the Warriors players who are picked (again, quite rightly) won't be selected six days later. Who's the genius who scheduled the Warriors six days after a game that was always going to have a high Warriors representation?

Let's just shut down international league now. It's a giant waste of time and effort.

Burns

First Grade

JWH should be nowhere near this team. Expressed complete disinterest in playing in Denver, and has never performed in the Kiwi jersey.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Let's just shut down international league now. It's a giant waste of time and effort.

Not if you are a fan of League as a Sport rather than just the product that the NRL is. You are very much the latter, as you yourself say. And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm certainly not criticising you for it. There are however plenty of us that enjoy Rugby League at all sorts of levels rather than just NRL.

Last edited:

Cloudsurfer

Juniors

Bit disappointed with Harris, but he could be playing with an injury for all we know. Seems the type.

Congratulations big Kenny. Probably the most improved player in the comp this year. What a turn around.

Looking forward to seeing who the other debutants are. Good opportunity to refresh the team after the Kidwell debacle.

Harris was nursing injury when the warriors got him if I remember correctly....wise decision not to aggravate whatever it is unnecessarily

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Not if you are a fan of League as a Sport rather than just the product that the NRL is. You are very much the latter, as you yourself say. And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm certainly not criticising you for it. There are however plenty of us that enjoy Rugby League at all sorts of levels rather than just NRL.

There's bigger fans than me but I've watched enough Pak Jaguars/Howick Hornets/U20s/ISP/Kiwis/Warriors/NRL over my life time to be called a fan of league. I was about as passionate as they come about the Kiwis until players and officials began to stop giving a f**k about 2014. Then the NZRL appoint about the worst candidate available to take them to a World Cup, ex players leave en masse and then we get this dead-shit Denver idea and more players stop giving a shit.

So if I'm just a fan of the NRL now, it's because of how int league has been treated by those in the game. I hate how the blue v maroon pissing contest is marketed 1000 rungs above international league, how players call it the pinnacle, how Test football - which I once truly loved - is now on life support. And it is, that's abundantly clear.

I love that people like yourself get into it, good lord it needs your kind. I just completely fell out of love and I doubt I'll ever get it back.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

JWH should be nowhere near this team. Expressed complete disinterest in playing in Denver, and has never performed in the Kiwi jersey.

Did he? What did he say? But yeah you're right, he should never be near a Kiwis jumper. Has never got excited or interested in playing in it.

TheDMC

Bench
There's bigger fans than me but I've watched enough Pak Jaguars/Howick Hornets/U20s/ISP/Kiwis/Warriors/NRL over my life time to be called a fan of league. I was about as passionate as they come about the Kiwis until players and officials began to stop giving a f**k about 2014. Then the NZRL appoint about the worst candidate available to take them to a World Cup, ex players leave en masse and then we get this dead-shit Denver idea and more players stop giving a shit.

So if I'm just a fan of the NRL now, it's because of how int league has been treated by those in the game. I hate how the blue v maroon pissing contest is marketed 1000 rungs above international league, how players call it the pinnacle, how Test football - which I once truly loved - is now on life support. And it is, that's abundantly clear.

I love that people like yourself get into it, good lord it needs your kind. I just completely fell out of love and I doubt I'll ever get it back.

Okay you have had your rant, now get behind the boys and enjoy it!