What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rep Round/Denver next week - Who plays?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Rest your best two players.

Why don't you just spit @ the Poms, like you would a fat person.

Cold Roses

Juniors
There's bigger fans than me but I've watched enough Pak Jaguars/Howick Hornets/U20s/ISP/Kiwis/Warriors/NRL over my life time to be called a fan of league. I was about as passionate as they come about the Kiwis until players and officials began to stop giving a f**k about 2014. Then the NZRL appoint about the worst candidate available to take them to a World Cup, ex players leave en masse and then we get this dead-shit Denver idea and more players stop giving a shit.

So if I'm just a fan of the NRL now, it's because of how int league has been treated by those in the game. I hate how the blue v maroon pissing contest is marketed 1000 rungs above international league, how players call it the pinnacle, how Test football - which I once truly loved - is now on life support. And it is, that's abundantly clear.

I love that people like yourself get into it, good lord it needs your kind. I just completely fell out of love and I doubt I'll ever get it back.

Fair enough. Like I said, I have no criticism personally, as I based my perception off the fact that you have on more than one occasion inferred that you are only interested in NRL. I guess i just can't understand how the ineptitude of the controlling organisation(s) can affect things so much that it makes you not actually want to watch a game. I get the frustration over the Origin 'pedestal'. It annoys the hell out me. But at the same time, the only way that will ever change is if the International game continues to strengthen. If one good thing has come from this Tier 1 & 2 'Team swapping' debacle, it's the emergence of Tonga as a possible genuine 4th option and a threat to Australian dominance. That along with the weakening of Australia due to retirements, and the passion shown by the English players for this ill timed test gives me hope that it's not on deaths door just yet. Hell, next year I may even get to go to the Denver test myself as i'll be permanently based in the US. Bring it on.

Had another 360 journo have a go at lack of interest by Kiwis in the Kiwi team.
Crawley going at RTS = baby, SJ = recent hammy issues, Harris = personal reasons.
All Warriors player.

For years other clubs have done this to to the Kiwi teams.

Slade Griffin said "he would go to Antarctic to play" if he had too.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Had another 360 journo have a go at lack of interest by Kiwis in the Kiwi team.
Crawley going at RTS = baby, SJ = recent hammy issues, Harris = personal reasons.
All Warriors player.

For years other clubs have done this to to the Kiwi teams.

Slade Griffin said "he would go to Antarctic to play" if he had too.

Course Slade Griffin would, I feel like far too much has been made of that. Slade Griffin played what, 20-odd games in 5 years for the Storm? Behind Smith, obviously, but he probably never thought he'd get much of a crack at the NRL much less pull on a Kiwis jersey. So I dunno why everyone's so fixated on this Antarctic quote. I would as well, if I had the chance to represent my country having never done so. But if I was a seasoned NRL player with recent injuries and plenty of Test football behind me/in front of me, I'd be pulling out of a nigh-on meaningless Test halfway round the world too.

Latest posts