What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reps

Collateral

Coach
I think that we could possibly still have some sort of rep game at the end of the year. Possibly SOO or City vs Country.

But maybe we could create our OWN rep game. With 2 teams of course. It would be interesting and something to aspire to at the seasons end.

Just an idea.

Collateral

Coach
Yeah that is a bit of a problem....I'll try come up with some ideas about selectors and further details about it all.

Anonymous

Juniors
A couple of suggestions would be:

Mystique who is our only non-playing referee and,

Green Eye who has become the patron saint of the F7s. ;-)

Ideally, it has to be people who have an active interest in the competition but don't have any team loyalties. You don't even get that in the ARL but I think we can manage it.

Anonymous

Juniors
Roosterboy, I don't think so. Ideally is should be someone with no team connections. But thanks for the offer.

Collateral

Coach
Its all sounding good Willow, but what would the 2 teams be?
State? City/ Country? Or something new that we make up?

Anonymous

Juniors
RedDragon said:
Its all sounding good Willow, but what would the 2 teams be?
State? City/ Country? Or something new that we make up?

Not sure. City v Country sounds good because I reckon we've got a good cross-over of forummers who live in the City and in Country towns...and we can tweak with it so it includes people from other countries as well... we have a couple of players from the UK and NZ and they shouldn't be barred from selection.

In any case, people just have to declare which side they want to represent and the selectors can take it from there.

Anyway, this for after the Grand Final or did you want to have it during the semis to keep up interest?

Collateral

Coach
After the season preferably....but its up to you Wilow..if its after the season it wont interfer with the normal rounds and wont be an extra workload.

Anonymous

Juniors
Well its not up to me, its up to everybody. But thanks.

Personally, I think the best way to do it is have everyone declare their allegiances... be it Country or City (or whatever). That should be the first step.

Then we have two opposing coaches selected from the non-playing ranks. They can select and rally their teams but can't make any posts.

That way we end up with 2 strong squads of 10 players each.

I also think rep games should be 7 players (+ 3 reserves), not the current 5.

For this season it should be 1 rep match after the grand final but it could be extended to a mid-season thing next year with the best of 3.

All open for discussion.

ParraMatt

Bench
I think SOO would be great. There is quite alot of QLD Forummers, including me. But then there is Ab and PaullyBoy and ChiaPete and so forth.

Collateral

Coach
I dont think we will have enough players for internationals, and if we did I think it would be limited to Australia, New Zealand and possibly GB.

What do we do if we have Reps say its City vs Country....what happens if one of the best posters of the season is from GB or New Zealand? They should somehow be included aswell IMO.

Anonymous

Juniors
RedDragon said:
I dont think we will have enough players for internationals, and if we did I think it would be limited to Australia, New Zealand and possibly GB.

What do we do if we have Reps say its City vs Country....what happens if one of the best posters of the season is from GB or New Zealand? They should somehow be included aswell IMO.

In my earlier post, I suggested that Country or City selection allows for forummers from all countries. Its a just a matter of how you look at it.

It doesnt have to be from an Australian perspective. There are City and Country people in the UK and NZ as well.

Thats why I thought City v Country had more flexibility than NSW v Qld.

El Coconuto

Bench
City v Country sounds the goods at this stage. If that doesn't work than be creative. Try North v South or East v West or something. In regards to selection I think the only democratic way to do it would be to select on the average post tally of each player with the captain and vice captain being poster numbers 1 and 2 respectively. It's the only fair way to do it.

Also, I'm not going to post in this weeks games until I see some commitment from the rest of the Cronulla team. In the event that no one posts I'll be looking for another team. Just setting that straight.

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Look City V Country but i think we should ahve it during the season not after. Have it now when its foorty season as nobody wants to play of its cricket season.

ParraMatt

Bench
Dragon Fanatic said:
Look City V Country but i think we should ahve it during the season not after. Have it now when its foorty season as nobody wants to play of its cricket season.

Cricket season sux.