What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reserve Grade + Jersey Flegg teams/news etc

Jack Debelin played most of the game and Nene Macdonald was on the bench but didn't run on!
Patrick Herbert looked sharp, could be a handy back up!

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Jack Debelin played most of the game and Nene Macdonald was on the bench but didn't run on!
Patrick Herbert looked sharp, could be a handy back up!

Nene didn't run on? Well in that case he must have walked on!! I was watching the game from the side opposite the clubhouse with a great view of Nene playing all 30 minutes of the first half on the left wing. Got bundled into touch once, did very well to stay in field to score in the corner and then with a beautiful in and away beat his man and kicked in-field for Adam Clune to dive over. This led to a call of "Well done, Wendell" which brought a smile to Nene's face. He has certainly got Wendell's size. I hope he can play more like Dell this season.

Don't know why Jack De Belin was playing in Reserves but it was great to watch his tackling technique at close quarters. I am pretty sure he played the whole 60 minutes and as you would expect was highly involved.

As please helpchoking noted Patrick Herbert gave an eye-catching performance, with some really good footwork and tremendous offloads. Seemed much sharper than the games I saw him play in NSW Cup last year. The centres in first grade must be expected to do well if he is left in Reserves.

Got to say this team looked well organised and surprisingly sharp for their first hit-out. Really liked Joe Lovodua at 9. Good service and very quick off the mark. Also some good touches from Tristan Sailor who moved to 5/8 in the 2nd half.

I could not help thinking that we can expect much better times ahead in the next few years compared to the post-Bennett era. So much young talent on display tonight and some of these guys will be battling for minutes in Reserves when the NRL team is whittled down to 17 rather than tomorrow's 24. Just need Mary to pick the best team on form each week and not detract from the available talent in the club.

Nene didn't run on? Well in that case he must have walked on!! I was watching the game from the side opposite the clubhouse with a great view of Nene playing all 30 minutes of the first half on the left wing. Got bundled into touch once, did very well to stay in field to score in the corner and then with a beautiful in and away beat his man and kicked in-field for Adam Clune to dive over. This led to a call of "Well done, Wendell" which brought a smile to Nene's face. He has certainly got Wendell's size. I hope he can play more like Dell this season.

Don't know why Jack De Belin was playing in Reserves but it was great to watch his tackling technique at close quarters. I am pretty sure he played the whole 60 minutes and as you would expect was highly involved.

As please helpchoking noted Patrick Herbert gave an eye-catching performance, with some really good footwork and tremendous offloads. Seemed much sharper than the games I saw him play in NSW Cup last year. The centres in first grade must be expected to do well if he is left in Reserves.

Got to say this team looked well organised and surprisingly sharp for their first hit-out. Really liked Joe Lovodua at 9. Good service and very quick off the mark. Also some good touches from Tristan Sailor who moved to 5/8 in the 2nd half.

I could not help thinking that we can expect much better times ahead in the next few years compared to the post-Bennett era. So much young talent on display tonight and some of these guys will be battling for minutes in Reserves when the NRL team is whittled down to 17 rather than tomorrow's 24. Just need Mary to pick the best team on form each week and not detract from the available talent in the club.

Haha, I was the on other side of the field and only noticed Nene on the bench in the second half. I'll head off to specsavers today :joy:

I agree with your summary though, Lovodua looks like developing into a handy player and overall they did look pretty sharp for a first hit out.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors

Thanks for that summary. Im a bit concerned as to why De Belin and McDonald are playing reserve grade and not playing today. Hopefully there is a good reason for it

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Thanks for that summary. Im a bit concerned as to why De Belin and McDonald are playing reserve grade and not playing today. Hopefully there is a good reason for it

Mate both jbl and nene were coming back from injuries.
They were not going to play yesterday.
But passed fitness test and played.
They didn't want to risk them in the main game.
They will both be ok for next week

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Haha, I was the on other side of the field and only noticed Nene on the bench in the second half. I'll head off to specsavers today :joy:

I agree with your summary though, Lovodua looks like developing into a handy player and overall they did look pretty sharp for a first hit out.

Pleasehelpchoking,
I understand fully. Limited lighting and from my side of the field I could not say who played right wing in the first half nor who replaced Nene in the second half. And I went to Specsavers only 2 weeks back! It was just funny to me when I read your comment about Nene not playing because I had spent time staring at the size of his legs. They are like a pair of tree trunks. I repeat that I just hope he has more impact this season, but a few skilful touches from him last night was a decent start.

Herbert needs to play out of his skin to get his chance.

He is a very classy junior.

Once he adapts to the physicality he will play FG in the NRL.

Question is will it be with us.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Apparently, Reserve grade and JF are having a trial game today.
Anyone heard anything about it?

If so, I imagine this is where we'll see those who didn't get a start in the CS, Kerr, Robson, Nicholls.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Our ISP team is up next in Shellharbour against Norths. The team is:

Field, Pereira, Herbert, Lomax, Garrick, Clune, Nicholls, Lawrie, Robson, Allgood, Host, Ford, Kerr. Bench: Sironen, Payne, Nisbet, Tohi, Uele

Latest posts