What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Result not unexpected

Tiger05

First Grade
I completely disagree. Farah is not the one picking Lovett, Rankin and Milone. Farah is not the one that swapped Tapau for another hooker. Farah is not the one setting the boring game plan that shackles our halves. He is also not in the halves making all the errors.

I think that this should be mandatory reading for the people that blame Farah for how we are going. I reckon Farah needs to improve a lot but he quite simply isn't the problem.

Why with our forward pack did we swap Taupau for Ballin. I mean what sort of an idiot does that with Farah, Cherrington and even Liddle in the squad.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Getting rid of Taylor will again divert attention away from the elephant in the room. The players have for a long time had too much control & say, all driven by massive egos. This has been the common thread with Sheens, Potter & now Taylor being undermined. Very difficult to coach when hands are tied.
Is it a coincidence that the 2 wins this year came when Farah was not playing...? Farah played most of last season half-heartedly as he sooked like a 2y/o. His ego is out of control & it is no surprise that there came very little interest from other clubs when he was being shopped around last year - regardless of $$.
Whilst Farah is at the club, he has too much control over the playing group, major sponsors & media. Either make him captain/coach & have him fully accountable (his ego would love this) or appoint another 'puppet' & expect the exact same results. It is a shame that he was not moved on last year.
Sorry if I have upset some diehards, its just my $0.02.
your 2 cents are overvalued by 2 cents.

Go and get some facts before you try and spread bullshit like that again.

Farah was not the reason for any of our results. If he's so bad for the side, why has the club performed better when he played compared to when he hasn't over the entirety of his career? And the difference in success is quite significant.

Farah is playing to Taylor's plan.

The halves aren't though.

But I guess that's Farah's fault eh?

dickhead.

Tigerted

Juniors
Farah has busted his gut for us throughout his entire career.If we had 17 with his toughness & determination we'd regularly be playing in September.

Blackdiamond

Juniors
your 2 cents are overvalued by 2 cents.

Go and get some facts before you try and spread bullshit like that again.

Farah was not the reason for any of our results. If he's so bad for the side, why has the club performed better when he played compared to when he hasn't over the entirety of his career? And the difference in success is quite significant.

Farah is playing to Taylor's plan.

The halves aren't though.

But I guess that's Farah's fault eh?

dickhead.

Thanks Champ - you sound like a real scholar. You are right, Farah has been present for most of the Tigers wins, albeit only a handful. Whilst he still only offers a career average win rate of 50.4% & 28.3% for the past 3 years (just checked my facts).

I am curious to know where you rank him in 2016 against the other 9's?

I know directly from senior people in media & at NRL board level that Farah is not well thought of..... but you would know more?

I like your signature - probably a bit hard on yourself there...?

Last edited:

Wests is Best

Juniors
i was at the game in canberra. at 12-6 we had a last tackle right on their line. they were thin on a big blind side to our right with 2 defenders. we had 2 attackers and another loomed (i think tedesco). i was saying go right. farah goes right.....then dummies and goes himself and gets tackled on the last. the reaction from a number of players was staggering. u could hear the f bombs. they honestly looked like they hate farah. i cant understand why!!
that was it from that point. not saying that if we went 12 all that we would have won but from that point the match was as good as over.

Tiger05

First Grade
i was at the game in canberra. at 12-6 we had a last tackle right on their line. they were thin on a big blind side to our right with 2 defenders. we had 2 attackers and another loomed (i think tedesco). i was saying go right. farah goes right.....then dummies and goes himself and gets tackled on the last. the reaction from a number of players was staggering. u could hear the f bombs. they honestly looked like they hate farah. i cant understand why!!
that was it from that point. not saying that if we went 12 all that we would have won but from that point the match was as good as over.

He has always been like this. It's an on-going poor part of his game and it always will be. I think it's why he never developed into a great player. Yes he has been really good for us but he never stepped up to the superstar level.

He isn't anywhere near the reason we are losing games now though.

Tigerm

First Grade

I didn't see the game (thanks goodness) but you are describing what sounds like a favourite Farrah play, scoring from dummyhalf, if he scored you would not have said anything, but they are a 50:50 chance, probably should use it less then more in his game.....but with a scoreline of 60-6 I think there were a few more compelling factors that contributed to the loss.

FootynRacing

Juniors
He has always been like this. It's an on-going poor part of his game and it always will be. I think it's why he never developed into a great player. Yes he has been really good for us but he never stepped up to the superstar level.

He isn't anywhere near the reason we are losing games now though.

How dare our highest paid and most successful player have a go at doing something himself. Maybe, just like most of us, he too has just lost faith in his halves doing just about anything right.

Tigerm

First Grade
Getting rid of Taylor will again divert attention away from the elephant in the room. The players have for a long time had too much control & say, all driven by massive egos. This has been the common thread with Sheens, Potter & now Taylor being undermined. Very difficult to coach when hands are tied.
Is it a coincidence that the 2 wins this year came when Farah was not playing...? Farah played most of last season half-heartedly as he sooked like a 2y/o. His ego is out of control & it is no surprise that there came very little interest from other clubs when he was being shopped around last year - regardless of $$.
Whilst Farah is at the club, he has too much control over the playing group, major sponsors & media. Either make him captain/coach & have him fully accountable (his ego would love this) or appoint another 'puppet' & expect the exact same results. It is a shame that he was not moved on last year.
Sorry if I have upset some diehards, its just my $0.02.

It's good to see you are not letting facts get in the way of your drivel.

I'm also guessing that your claims against Farah wont be supported with evidence?

Freedom of speech and allowing anyone to have their say is a great thing that we have in Australia thanks to days like today and what people did for Australia......but

I know directly from senior people in media & at NRL board level that Farah is not well thought of
senior people in media :crazy::crazy::crazy: oh yes they are so respected, many of them get their inside facts from forums like this, many players do not say a word to many of these journalists and the journalists therefore make things up. Perhaps you believe everything coming from News Corp press. Are they well thought of, world wide?

On Friday 15th April the star studded media wrote in the Daily Telegraph (News Corp again).
The free-flowing game the Tigers played in those early matches, led by the star halves Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks, has disappeared to make way for the plodding forward-driven style favoured by Farah.
The 'writers' might have an agenda, who knows? but to write crap like
plodding forward-driven style favoured by Farah
shows you that they know zip.

Blackdiamond

Juniors
My contacts within the media are ex-players who have all represented Aust & are close to many current NRL players. Perhaps they may be slightly more credible than you, I'll let you get back to your keyboard champ?

I also heard directly from someone who was involved with negotiations late last year with Farah & Ayoub, whilst he was being shopped around. The meeting was cut short after 10min, as Farah was deemed "not the right fit" for the club.

Agree, freedom of speech is a funny thing. It's usually questioned by those who have little knowledge, but like to pretend otherwise.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Freedom of speech is a great thing, somewhat wasted on those who have nothing worthwhile to say. At least you have learned how to spell 'albeit".

Tiger05

First Grade
My contacts within the media are ex-players who have all represented Aust & are close to many current NRL players. Perhaps they may be slightly more credible than you, I'll let you get back to your keyboard champ?

I also heard directly from someone who was involved with negotiations late last year with Farah & Ayoub, whilst he was being shopped around. The meeting was cut short after 10min, as Farah was deemed "not the right fit" for the club.

Agree, freedom of speech is a funny thing. It's usually questioned by those who have little knowledge, but like to pretend otherwise.

With all due respect you are just someone typing crap into the Internet. I'll tell a story to give you some perspective. My mum is a nurse and she has met some first grade rugby league players via her job including Jonathon Thurston. When the great T Lamb was about to coach the club she met some player who said he would be great for the club. Now the great T Lamb is probably a better coach then our own Mr Taylor but he was an absolute dud. It's all just predominantly dribble coming out of people's mouths even if they are ex or current players.

Farah isn't the CEO and he isn't the coach or even the captain. If he ran the club why would he be sacked from the captaincy role ?

Tigerted

Juniors
Well said tiger05.I can't stop laughing @ ur analogy involving that f**king imbecile Lamb.I couldn't have said it better myself.

Tiger05

First Grade
Well said tiger05.I can't stop laughing @ ur analogy involving that f**king imbecile Lamb.I couldn't have said it better myself.

I spoke to Paul Whatuira prior to the season starting. He said we may go well with Brooks there. He didn't state anything about Robbie being a cancer to the club or some other BS.

I honestly don't give a f**k what a current or ex player states. I just want to see the club winning games.

Lamb was a great coach though wasn't he. Imagine laughing and joking with the players while Hoppa was sticking his fingers up people's buttholes.

Tigerted

Juniors
Taylor is a Rhodes scholar compared to that slow-witted bogan lamb.

Like u said we want these bastards to develop a culture of winning which starts with having a bloody dig for 80 mins every week.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

I AM in the media.

You are talking shit.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

like you.