What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retention of Under 20's-17s

Stake Removed

First Grade
Now I know why I’ve not previously read through this thread...it’s given me a headache.

If people don’t like Flanno for whatever reason, that’s fine, but to criticise his recruitment when that recruitment won us a comp less than 2 years ago is ludicrous.

Recruitment has been his big “tick” in my books. Without that, we don’t win the comp.

Bagging out Feki & Leutele who were instrumental in that premiership astounds me. Sure they are out of form but their retention & Flanno’s perseverance with them over a youngster paid off, did it not?

Also, never compare anything that Craig Bellamy does in coaching - he can (& often does) turn a plodder to a hero. Who’s to say Curtis Scott & Josh Addo-Carr aren’t in that category.

I thought i could ramble Wibble has me covered by a country mile

Griffoshark66

First Grade
I think he and his team have dropped the ball for this season. Our team is still clunky as f**k, and yes there have been injuries, but the squad isn't balanced.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I think Flannos retention and the system of turning players into regular 1st graders is questionable.
Curtis Scott and JAC where always destined for stardom from earlier on. Both rep players, both carving up in under 20s...what happened.
Yes Flanno won a comp from recruitment but so have lot of other coaches in recent history who are now on the scrap heap because they did not keep the desire of the team going

The retention is a tough one to judge i have been critical of Flanno in the past.

What we see is those players who leave us when young and get to first grade as well Flanno should have kept him.

But then those who leave and end up no where, we make no commennt and say Flanno was smart to move him on because we dont see there name anywhere.

Look at Jack Bird, The dragons when Bird goes here they lose great kid and wins comp with us, he goes to Broncs going busted, from our point not worth money to keep now, from Drags point now what would you think, he was good for couple of years and then thought he was great, always hard to tell

Ads

First Grade
Now I know why I’ve not previously read through this thread...it’s given me a headache.

If people don’t like Flanno for whatever reason, that’s fine, but to criticise his recruitment when that recruitment won us a comp less than 2 years ago is ludicrous.

Recruitment has been his big “tick” in my books. Without that, we don’t win the comp.

Bagging out Feki & Leutele who were instrumental in that premiership astounds me. Sure they are out of form but their retention & Flanno’s perseverance with them over a youngster paid off, did it not?

Also, never compare anything that Craig Bellamy does in coaching - he can (& often does) turn a plodder to a hero. Who’s to say Curtis Scott & Josh Addo-Carr aren’t in that category.
Sounds like apathy creeping in. Flanno got it right in one year so never question his recruitment again.

Latest posts