What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retro Games

Bulldog Force

Referee
Haha, I've been playing it for the last 30 minutes and still can't get past level 1!

Where's 7 year old me to do it?

Just bomb the pink heads like the guy in the video does lol. It's surprisingly easy. It starts getting really tricky at level 6.

alien

Referee
wm2000 was awesome on n64.

so was goldeneye 007. used to play multiplayer on it as well and throw proxy mines all over the place and just wait :D

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I haven't actually heard about that one before. I'm guessing that at the time of its release, the new WWE releases were probably dominating the wrestling games genre. There are heaps upon heaps of retro gems available when it comes to retro wrestling games. Some of them are rare and some of them you wouldn't think were released - this one here that you mentioned is a prime example of one I've never heard of before. I might give it a go and try and find a copy on eBay :)

Just been googling wrestling games, this would've come out prior to the glut of games that the Monday Night War era produced - Power Move came out late December 96 (around the same time as In Your House), while WCW vs World / Nitro / World Tour all came out mid to late 97 & WWF Warzone in early 98.

The fact that it was a 'generic' title rather than a licensed WWF/WCW game I imagine means it probably wasn't widely sold at the time (and the people who did buy it probably didn't like it for that reason).

Another old wrestling game I got second hand that I need to get around to playing is WWF Steel Cage Challenge on Master System. Got it second hand a few years back for like $5 but never got around to playing it! Mainly impressed that it actually has Papa Shango as a character!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Just been googling wrestling games, this would've come out prior to the glut of games that the Monday Night War era produced - Power Move came out late December 96 (around the same time as In Your House), while WCW vs World / Nitro / World Tour all came out mid to late 97 & WWF Warzone in early 98.

The fact that it was a 'generic' title rather than a licensed WWF/WCW game I imagine means it probably wasn't widely sold at the time (and the people who did buy it probably didn't like it for that reason).

Another old wrestling game I got second hand that I need to get around to playing is WWF Steel Cage Challenge on Master System. Got it second hand a few years back for like $5 but never got around to playing it! Mainly impressed that it actually has Papa Shango as a character!

I played that one. I imagine back in the day it was good, however trying to play it after 18 odd years, the controls were terrible and I had no idea how to perform the finishing moves lol.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Anyone remember this gem from Apogee? It's available on the app store for iOS. Of course being free means you get the lite version, but it's still good enough to get you addicted. The full game, giving you access all the weapons, cars and stages only costs $3.79, so it's something you should consider if you were a fan of this back in the day.

Being a fan myself has put me on the search for a modern PC version of this game as when it comes to controlling a car on the touch screen... I am horrible :lol:

2-cd.jpg

Bulldog Force

Referee
I remember a few years after it was released, Golden Eye 64 was STILL in the N64 top 10. This told me one of two things...

1. Either this was one of the greatest games ever created, or;
  2. N64 was absolutely hopeless at creating lots of good games

Dogs Of War

Coach
I remember a few years after it was released, Golden Eye 64 was STILL in the N64 top 10. This told me one of two things...

1. Either this was one of the greatest games ever created, or;
  2. N64 was absolutely hopeless at creating lots of good games

It's number 1. You only live once with knives. Awesome multiplayer.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I must admit I haven't played it, but then again I wasn't a fan of FPS games then (still not today), but I found it amazing that the other systems like PS1 and Sega Saturn/Dreamcast always new games in their top 10 every month, yet N64 always had Golden Eye in there.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Good news for all Death Rally fans :D

http://remedygames.com/games/

That's right. Remedy Entertainment have the old origin DOS version FREE to download. It's the full version too, not the demo. The way it ran on Windows 95 is back up for grabs. But wait, that's not the best news yet... the best news is that this version is completely compatible with our current modern PCs... we don't need an emulator at all. It's official, it's free, it's the full version, and it works on our current PCs. That is absolutely BRILLIANT.

If you want the updates version with improved graphics etc... you'll need to buy it on Steam... but I don't care about that, I got the version that I want :D

Timbo

Staff member
Speaking of DOS games, did anyone ever play Transport Tycoon?

I used to love that game.