What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retro Games

alien

Referee
anyone remember a game called "Stunts". it was a racing game where you could design your own tracks and have loops and shit. so much fun! especially when you would design tracks for others to try - and just sit back and laugh :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stunts_(video_game)

[youtube]-CITIXlw_T4[/youtube]

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
I remember it, but I didn't play it that much. Funnily enough, that screenshot of the video there reminded me instantly of Nigel Mansell's World Championship Racing.

nigel-mansells-world-championship-racing-05.png

Bulldog Force

Referee
For those who love the Sega Master System... take a look at this video :lol: Absolutely brilliant job done here. The best and most popular SMS characters face off in The Sega Master System Award :D

[youtube]qx1TFTQG1WY[/youtube]

InFlames

Juniors
Never seen that one Bulldog. Is that a knock off that plays SMS games or was it Sega licensed?

Sort of like

PolyStation2.JPG

Or the treamcast

treamcast_01.jpg

For those who love the Sega Master System... take a look at this video :lol: Absolutely brilliant job done here. The best and most popular SMS characters face off in The Sega Master System Award :D

[youtube]qx1TFTQG1WY[/youtube]

never got into phanasty star but loved master of darkness, still that video is awesome :lol:

Bulldog Force

Referee
never got into phanasty star but loved master of darkness, still that video is awesome :lol:

I like the concept of the video. I didn't agree too much on all the games they had there - I think that was based on European and North American releases of game, not so much our ones, but still loved it. Would just change around a few of the nominations :)

Bulldog Force

Referee
Never seen that one Bulldog. Is that a knock off that plays SMS games or was it Sega licensed?

Sort of like

PolyStation2.JPG

Or the treamcast

treamcast_01.jpg

It must be a knock off but considering a company like Samsung made it, you would really need to folllow up on that.

Never heard of the Poly Station or Treamcast before :lol: those things would definitely be knock offs, but I would like to know a few of the games they have on there. I mean the exterior looks like the original thing, but it would be interesting to see if the hardware inside is like the real thing. I might do a bit of research on those :D

alien

Referee
i can just imagine confused parents getting treamcast instead of dreamcast , or polystation instead of playstation, and little billy unwrapping the present from under the tree with a smile on his face... and then the disappointment

Bulldog Force

Referee
i can just imagine confused parents getting treamcast instead of dreamcast , or polystation instead of playstation, and little billy unwrapping the present from under the tree with a smile on his face... and then the disappointment

After doing research on them, it appears that those machines play the games made for the originals... which makes me wonder how the counter-fit companies acquired the hardware components for them... and how the heck they made a profit off it!

Bulldog Force

Referee
It was ahead of its time back then. If memory serves me right, it was the first 128 console released and was also the first console that had internet connectivity.

InFlames

Juniors
It was ahead of its time back then. If memory serves me right, it was the first 128 console released and was also the first console that had internet connectivity.

I still play mine all the time. I actually have two because they are prone to breaking and every 6 months or so I have to fire up a youtube instruction video on how to fix the problem (usually the same reoccuring power resetting issue).

One of my favs would have to be

_-Tokyo-Highway-Challenge-Dreamcast-_.jpg

You can download and burn games for them very easily as no mods are required for the console AND they also play/emulate megadrive & SNES games! The sports games were awesome aswell ie NBA 2K2 and Sega fishing.

Do you do most of your gaming via emulators or consoles? I'm noticing all the SEGA stuff has exploded in price the last few years so I'm slowing down on collecting bits and pieces.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I used to do all mine via consoles, but I have the same problem that the consoles break down and it becomes too much trouble to try and fix them or expensive to buy the spare parts, so I emulate them. Sega Master System is prime example - my one is 25 years old, and while the console is fine, the cabling is the letdown.

I'm thinking of getting one of the TetroN 5 consoles, but... I need to find out if it's as good as they say it is. Check this out...

When the RetroN 5 was first announced it made some pretty bold statements with compatibility and the number of systems it can play, From the Famicom, NES, Super NES, Super Famicom, Sega Mega Drive, Genesis, and even Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance games. Or if you have the Sega Powerbase Converter You can even play Master System games on the system. But a lot of things has happened with Hyperkin, which resulted in the delay of the system and a lot of angry consumers.
Source: http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/01/retron-5-review-the-all-in-one-retro-console-readers-feature-4745573/

picture-68.jpg

InFlames

Juniors
I used to do all mine via consoles, but I have the same problem that the consoles break down and it becomes too much trouble to try and fix them or expensive to buy the spare parts, so I emulate them. Sega Master System is prime example - my one is 25 years old, and while the console is fine, the cabling is the letdown.

I'm thinking of getting one of the TetroN 5 consoles, but... I need to find out if it's as good as they say it is. Check this out...

Source: http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/01/retron-5-review-the-all-in-one-retro-console-readers-feature-4745573/

picture-68.jpg

The retron consoles look great and they are supposed to have amazing image quality too. The wireless controller would be pretty cool, but Im wondering if it would still feel like old school gaming?

Interesting you mention the cabling on the old SMS, you should check out retrofix.com.au

Those guys sold me a modded SMS with an RCA output and the quality is awesome. They customise the consoles to exactly what you want.

They also do modded megadrives which I might look into aswell!

Latest posts