What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retro Games

Bulldog Force

Referee
The retron consoles look great and they are supposed to have amazing image quality too. The wireless controller would be pretty cool, but Im wondering if it would still feel like old school gaming?

Interesting you mention the cabling on the old SMS, you should check out retrofix.com.au

Those guys sold me a modded SMS with an RCA output and the quality is awesome. They customise the consoles to exactly what you want.

They also do modded megadrives which I might look into aswell!

Mate that actually looks pretty good. I'll have to look into those. I'd prefer HDMI connection to reduce the amount of cabling etc... but beggars can't be choosers. To play all my old favorites on it again :)

BTW how good does the LED light on the power button look?

nöyd

Staff member
just been playing wwf no mercy on an n64 emulator on android.

playing as triple h vs austin, the rock runs in to beat trips up and give austin the win, except he didn't bank on a low blow from stephanie

proceded to continually flog austin with a mic and title belt until getting the 3 count, but literally marked out when the rock interfered.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Speaking of Retro Games:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...ction_Movie_Based_on_Popular_Arcade_Game.html

New Details on The Rock Starring In Live-Action Movie Based on Popular Arcade Game
By Marc Middleton
Jul 22, 2015 - 3:19:42 PM

- Deadline reports that director Brad Peyton has signed on to direct New Line Cinema's Rampage, which features The Rock and is based on the hit 1980's arcade game. The Rock and Peyton just teamed up for the hit movie San Andreas. Seven Bucks Production, The Rock's company with his ex-wife Dany Garcia will also be producing in a to-be-determined capacity.

Plot details for the movie are still being kept a secret but Deadline reports that the focus of the movie will be consistent with the game as three giant monsters - a gorilla, a wolf and a lizard - wreak havoc on major cities and landmarks across North America. We now know that The Rock will be battling the monsters as Deadline reports he will be "standing in their path."

Rampage begins production in summer 2016, after Rock finishes Fast & Furious 8, and is scheduled to be released in 2017 some time.

Again, takes me back to one of my favorite ever Sega Master System Games (I'm sure I've already posted it here before, but my video below).

[youtube]PP7fWZy6gI8[/youtube]

Bulldog Force

Referee
Played an old Master System gem yesterday - Psycho Fox. Now, this is a game with hidden secrets which can fast-track your progess in the game. I've finished this game in 4 minutes... yesterday I played it, I couldn't even get past the first stage :lol: still love it though. For it's time (1989) the cartoony graphics and music etc... were a bit more advanced than you'd expect for an 8 bit system.

Attachments

• pp.jpg
    pp.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
just been playing wwf no mercy on an n64 emulator on android.

playing as triple h vs austin, the rock runs in to beat trips up and give austin the win, except he didn't bank on a low blow from stephanie

proceded to continually flog austin with a mic and title belt until getting the 3 count, but literally marked out when the rock interfered.

so getting this. which emulator?

Bulldog Force

Referee
Warm night in planned (not mine, but given me a great idea :D)

sega10.jpg

Chakan is one of the toughest games ive played so good lucky if u decide on that one :p

and looking at that list i only have chakan of it i have 130 mega drive games and still feels like my collection is small considering how big the library of games is

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
Rolling Thunder 2 is probably the only credible Mega Drive game there. Double Dragon on the Master System rips all of them though - that game was too damn good... took up too much of my childhood :)

Bulldog Force

Referee
As you said it's too hard - almost on par with The Flash on the Master System - probably the hardest game I've ever played.

The_Flash_%2528SMS%2529_07.png

DiegoNT

First Grade
I don't know if it's qualified as retro, but I finally finished Ocarina of Time today it and it actually gave me a warm fuzzy feeling, something no modern game has given me.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I don't know if it's qualified as retro, but I finally finished Ocarina of Time today it and it actually gave me a warm fuzzy feeling, something no modern game has given me.

I'm sure N64 is well entrenched into the "Retro Games" class by now ;-)

alien

Referee
As you said it's too hard - almost on par with The Flash on the Master System - probably the hardest game I've ever played.

The_Flash_%2528SMS%2529_07.png

trickster...
when i hear/see that name, i think of this guy/thing
[youtube]cXhBOFT9i74[/youtube]

Last edited:

InFlames

Juniors
Did anyone ever play Skyblazer on the SNES?

This one is criminally underrated. Has awesome graphics & music, a huge set of power moves and pretty creative boss stages too.

Skyblazer_cover.jpg

Skyblazer-SNES-Gameplay-Screenshot-3.png

They just dont make em like they used to.

Latest posts