What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retro Jerseys- Why Not Bigger Focus?

joshbone

Juniors
Hey Guys,

Given the explosion in nostalgia, and the fact that fans prefer wearing cotton jerseys, why don't Classic produce more retro jerseys.

Why are there not jerseys for:

- Sth Qld Crushers
- Western Reds
- Gold COast Seagulls/Chargers

Surely there would be a market for this, as they are totally unique?

Rabbit toes

First Grade
eBay is ya best bet for those.

But prob wouldn't hurt to do some up, but nrl might not want to look to the past

GAZF

First Grade
I think I've heard that licencing was an issue in the past - manufacturers/sponsors/etc...

T-Boon

Coach
Why don't they focus on NRL branded performance pants? Every girl I've ever stared at seems to own at least 7 pairs of LJs.

hellteam

First Grade
I buy several jerseys a year from eBay, have about 20-30 now. All from eBay.

They used to go for about $30-$40 but now after usually around $100, rarer ones are sometimes up to $300.

Definite increase in interest for them going by that

90's jerseys were the best

the beavers

Juniors
Is this a fake retro?
Main reason I ask is because the alpha is horizontal rather than curved .
Otherwise everything seems legit even the age of the lettering ( although the whole thing is nearly new)
I paid $5 for it at an op shop so I'm going to wear it regardless....just wondering if it's a modern fake or just how supporters jumpers were done back in the day

Attachments

• 1490341528414.jpg
    1490341528414.jpg
    952.2 KB · Views: 16

looseforward

Juniors
Is this a fake retro?
Main reason I ask is because the alpha is horizontal rather than curved .
Otherwise everything seems legit even the age of the lettering ( although the whole thing is nearly new)
I paid $5 for it at an op shop so I'm going to wear it regardless....just wondering if it's a modern fake or just how supporters jumpers were done back in the day

The reason for the lack of curve on the Alpha Micro lettering is due to it being made by Classic and not Balmain's official supplier at the time; Canterbury. Relic from the days where the NSWRL/ARL would license the designs to different manufacturers to make supporter versions, which would sometimes have small errors like this.

Last edited:

Teddyboy

First Grade
I buy several jerseys a year from eBay, have about 20-30 now. All from eBay.

They used to go for about $30-$40 but now after usually around $100, rarer ones are sometimes up to $300.

Definite increase in interest for them going by that

90's jerseys were the best
80's and 90's jerseys (apart fro the ugly branded SL jerseys) were the best with v-necks in times a collar but I used to buy a jerseys or 2 but haven't in the past 10 years due to them becoming tight round neck cycling tops and look no different to the MMA tops you get with the messy's designs.

the beavers

Juniors
The reason for the lack of curve on the Alpha Micro lettering is due to it being made by Classic and not Balmain's official supplier at the time; Canterbury. Relic from the days where the NSWRL/ARL would license the designs to different manufacturers to make supporter versions, which would sometimes have small errors like this.

I was hoping that was the case
Pretty happy to find an iconic 80s Jersey in such condition
Now to find a Sydney tigers Jersey!

I contacted Classic and there are 4 new designs coming later this year. Eels 98, Magpies 98, Manly 57 and Tigers 00. Not any I would pick. As an Eels fan why would I want to be reminded of 1998?

thorson1987

Coach
Magpies 98?

Why the f**k would anyone want to drop $120 odd on that?

This bad boy

1998WesternSuburbs.jpg