What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return of gaz

smacky

Juniors
Would be awesome if true. Would add that extra spark to our attack. But yes will believe it when it happens

cleary89

Coach
He would only come back for like 100k or something, enough that hes only playing because he wants to play for us again. Id say it would only be a 1 year contract, s14 is finished for the year, so if he wants to stay with his wife and play some footy. We better not let him play else where, even if nrl puts pressure on us to make it happen

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Is'nt he coming back cos his father in-law is ill?
Yes, but he has also been released by Stade Francais which means he is available to play in Australia.

Rugby Union, in particular the Rebels, were favourites to get his signature when Waldron was their CEO, but that was before he got into hot water over the Storm salary cap drama. He has since been sacked by the Rebels.

But even then Saints were in the mix, as were a couple of other clubs including the Knights. However, he won't play for any other NRL club unless Saints agree because that's the agreement. So Saints are holding all the cards in that regard.

The only problem will be how much he is willing to play for - we'll need to fit him under the cap. We can assume that he was paid well by Stade Francais and isn't short of a coin nowadays.

OurRedV

Juniors
Considering he was taking up majority of our cap before we had players who are on what they're on now, how could this even happen? If he's going to play for peanuts and wants be a part of a TEAM that's aiming to win the premiership then bring him in...
Here's hoping he gets the ball this time!

Rodent

Bench
We can put him on a back ended contract and top it up with 3rd party deals. Surely we're more marketable these days and Bennett is well enough connected to make it happen. Beau Scott back in the middle gives us some punch there too. Please make it happen.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Is he worth the risk of having to defend next to soward?

If he signed for the right price then of course its worth the risk. Cant rely on Cooper/Morris all the time as seen by the Manly game. Gasnier would be the x factor they are missing imo.

redvscotty

First Grade
Apparently good ol' 'Dragon hater' Scott Prince was on the news telling the world that it would put the club over the cap beyond doubt.

What is this guys problem?

Calling Sowie the milkman, and then admitting he took a dive a week later.

Seems to take shots at the Dragons when he gets a chance, I wish he'd break his f**ken arm again.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Apparently good ol' 'Dragon hater' Scott Prince was on the news telling the world that it would put the club over the cap beyond doubt.

What is this guys problem?

Calling Sowie the milkman, and then admitting he took a dive a week later.

Seems to take shots at the Dragons when he gets a chance, I wish he'd break his f**ken arm again.

Can't stand Prince. *

Last edited by a moderator:

Saint Jack

Juniors
Tele Guy said we'd have a great backline - then named the 8 who'd be in it on the field ... ;-) Would we allowed to have 8, plus 6 forwards on the field ... :D

He'd certainly add that spark. Gaz is a player (like Morris) who can score tries and/or make a break.

He's older and wiser now and could make a great "partner" for Benny C's game.

grandorient

Bench
Well, to be honest, I wouldn't swap Scotty for Josh at the present time.

But on the other hand, I would swap Scotty for "The Chin" and move Scotty to the second row.

Scott would make an excellent 3rd choice centre, if either of the other two were injured.

Am I missing something, as I don't think Josh is playing his best footy at the moment.

Call out the men in the white coats if you like, but I think Gaz, Cooper and Scott are our best 3 centre prospects.

GO

Last edited: