What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ridding the team of dead wood

ozbash

Referee
seuseu
webb
meli

all must go asap.

the 3 are playing on reputation and their lack of effort has so far cost us 3 games.
seuseu must have seen the panther forwards running onto the ball,, lauaki did and so did feka.

meli has been a waste of space 3 times this season, i dont know if its an attitude think or the guy is just plain thick.

webb is a joke,, yesterday i saw the worst performance ever by a full back,, he,d get the ball, run in a small circle then give 2 skips sideways and fall over. he should have been pinged for a volountary tackle yesterday.

someone has to start standing up.
we miss logan swann.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
A bit harsh OB, agreed Webbb was slack yesterday but he was one of our best against St George & Brisbane. Someone just needs to slap him and get some urgency into his play.
Seu Seu was just back from injury and didn't look too poor to me. As for Meli, he's a goose but he also provides some of our best attacking opportunities, still maybe time to give Vatuvei or Mellars a go. Fa'afili isn't exctly going gangbusters either though.

Skinner

Coach
Jaysus,

So far I've got Sione and Tevita in my squad....and no one else...

goes off to find another 15 players

Skinner

dazza

Staff member
fully agree with you ozbash about webb & francis. jerry only just came back from injury, but then again, he is a prop , who should be making hit ups, not being a ball distributor.

webb has to go. i don`t care what anyone says about him being oustanding in the past 2 games, thats a load of crap. he sux. how many times has he actually run the ball back this season. not too many. when i say run, i mean towards the goalposts, not the sideline!!!!

henry isn`t getting enough ball to be doing anything. the boys seem to persist in going down the left side on attack every time they have the ball. the opposition know how potent our left side attack is so they work their game plans to shut us down. watch the broncos game again. i admit toopi has been out of form, but in the broncos game, tallis was in his face every time he had the ball!
why not start using the right side.

what has happened to the banana kick stacey used to do for henry? how many times has he scored from that!!

this is just my opinion, & i will still be there every home game to support the boys no matter what.
crucify me if you will.

cheers dazza

Kakihara

Juniors
Yep Anderson is defenitly not a centre, how many times has there been an opportunity for something to happen on the right to only have Anderson run back in field.

Funny thing is his brother seems faster and more built like a centre yet he plays in the second row.

ozbash

Referee
i dont want to offend anyone here but i,m of the opinion that webby isnt a fullbacks rectum.
think back to some of the good fullbacks we have seen in the warriors strip,, cleary,, ridgey,brandy,blake,frano and compare each to brent webb. he,s not fit to sit in the same room with these guys.

seuseu hasnt had a decent,consistent game in over 12 months. he has gone right off the boil and his lack of enthusiasm/fitness/motivation is costing us big-time.

stace has bad games because he is trying too bloody hard to compensate for the players who dont turn up and from looking out for the new boys.
stacey has too much responsibility in the team structure on the field.when clark called toops out yesterday, stace should have turned his back on both and left them to it. he has better things to worry about than wankers like toopi and his fat mouth.

Jaysus,

So far I've got Sione and Tevita in my squad....and no one else...

goes off to find another 15 players

Skinner

its true tho skinner, if you made a team list from yesterday and put in your opinion of each players enthusaiasm per centage eg
meli 55%
jones 100% and averaged it, it would give an indication of the teams worth..
my guess about 60% yesterday.

Iafeta

Referee
Meli needs to learn that especially in your own 20, your priority when coming up and in is to make the tackle. Not look flash with the big smash, just make the tackle. The miss on Joe Galuvao was shocking to say the least. Still, I think his fellow wingman is the man who needs to be looking elsewhere. Henry is offering us next to nothing for mine, nothing that Manu Vatuvei or Vinnie Mellars couldn't offer.

Brent Webb probably over the past 20 rounds of footy consistently on average has been our most dangerous player. I think we underrate his value to the side. More players should take his initiative when the chips are down. Without him against the Broncos, well, I shudder the outcome against a pretty poor outfit in my opinion.

I was actually quite happy with Jerry Seu Seu's game. I thought if a couple of the other front rowers showed his conviction in wanting to push through the line, we might have done alright.

The ones for mine who need a good hard, stern look at themselves are Clinton Toopi with the attitude, and the lack of fitness, Henry Fa'afili with the lack of anything, Vinnie Anderson who while I can't ever doubt his committment I sincerely doubt his creative ability to make anything happen down the right hand flank (He's a god darn second rower crying out for an extra digit to be slapped on his back!!! He's exactly what we're missing in the engine room).

Other than that, Tevita Latu should be praised for at least trying his guts out, whilst its great to criticise him for dropping it over the line, and I thoroughly agree mind you, I also think he should be commended for at least showing the get up and go to get over the line. Now, considering he is probably the most energetic Warrior at the moment, and he's still receiving medication for tuberculosis, thats a sad indictement to some in the club, particularly Clinton Toopi. Louis Anderson should be given the thumbs up for his debut effort, he tried hard, kept going. Other than that, a lot of other players have to take it from between 10% starters for those on the fringe of good form, to 70% in the shape of Clinton Toopi.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
After the Warriors first two games, Webb lead metres gained, offloads & line break stats. He wasnt great on Sunday, but come on. He was one of our best in the second half of last season & unless he suffers a major loss in confidence, theres no reason the same thing wont happen again.

We need cohesion, not continual changes every week, especially 3 games into the season. Many of the players are looking sub-par not because they are crap, but because confidence & teamwork isnt there & there is also inexperience out on the field due to injuries. We saw the same thing midway last year. The responsibility is with Anderson to get this team to gel. A bit more starch in the forwards wouldnt go amiss, either.

Marty

Juniors
Obviously its not good that we have lost our first three games buit like DA said there is no quick fix. I think we just need to be patient with our team support them and be easy for the next few weeks and I think we will see a steady improvement.

This same squad minus Logan Swann made the play offs last year and went within one game of the Grand Final. For all those Bashing Meli, toopi and Webb just review the Bulldogs game last year and remember how awsome they played. These guys are quality players with immense talent. As long as DA keeps his cool and rides this rough peroid out we will be looking good by the end of the year and give the finals a good shake up.

Just a little patience is what we need here.

Go you Warriors!!!

ozbash

Referee
Quote:

Brent Webb probably over the past 20 rounds of footy consistently on average has been our most dangerous player. I think we underrate his value to the side. More players should take his initiative when the chips are down. Without him against the Broncos, well, I shudder the outcome against a pretty poor outfit in my opinion

i,ll give you that one iafeta but he is more a utility player than a 100% full back.

i,m not bashing meli , saying he played like sh*t when he played like sh*t isnt bashing him, its stating the obvious.

AliN

Live Update Team
Auckland4ever said:
After the Warriors first two games, Webb lead metres gained, offloads & line break stats. He wasnt great on Sunday, but come on. He was one of our best in the second half of last season & unless he suffers a major loss in confidence, theres no reason the same thing wont happen again.

Gotta agree there, but Webb would be better off a hooker or stand off or off the bench as a utility player. He cant run the ball up as a fullback should...

JoeD

First Grade
Running the ball back is not the only thing a full back does. He is (relatively) safe under the high ball and makes good covering tackles when the line is broken. His attacking capabilities speak for themselves. Again, if you were going to get rid of him who would you replace him with?

ozbash

Referee
henry,, motu,,daniel floyd

ah, thats right, we got rid/disposed of mots :roll: :roll: :roll:

playdaball

Bench
Iafeta said:
Meli needs to learn that especially in your own 20, your priority when coming up and in is to make the tackle. Not look flash with the big smash, just make the tackle. The miss on Joe Galuvao was shocking to say the least. Still, I think his fellow wingman is the man who needs to be looking elsewhere. Henry is offering us next to nothing for mine, nothing that Manu Vatuvei or Vinnie Mellars couldn't offer.

Unsure if you were at the game or if it came up on TV (I did not see the game on TV) but in the above situation Meli had to come in as there was a massive overlap. There was huge problems on the LHS with defence and this uis something that needs to be addressed. BTW ... it has been a problem before.

JoeD

First Grade
We didn't get rid of Mots, he wanted to leave. Did you see he gave DA a serve in the Sunday paper? Henry isn't exactly the strongest runner in traffic either. Floyd - sorry haven't seen him play.

Anonymous

Juniors
Unsure if you were at the game or if it came up on TV (I did not see the game on TV) but in the above situation Meli had to come in as there was a massive overlap. There was huge problems on the LHS with defence and this uis something that needs to be addressed. BTW ... it has been a problem before.

LOL exactly, and I don't see how a winger rushing in to make a tackle 20 METRES FROM THE LINE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD leads to a try. Also particularly tragic was the defence when Amos Roberts scored a try after a break by Waterhouse, Meli was left hopelessly exposed because Clinton Toopi was over in the middle of the field trying to act tough and rough people up (bet I was the only one who noticed this).

Meli won't be dropped. As for Webb, ozbash it is pretty obvious you just don't like him :p , I agree that his kick returns are pretty tragic, but as a playmaker he is doing more work than Jones these days (and doing it better). Saying that Jones is trying to compensate for the failures of others is just hilarious, how, by doing nothing?? Stace's best year was 2002, he'll never be that player again.

Latest posts