Ridiculing Religion 2 - The Ridiculining

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by gUt, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

You would have balked at slitting baby's throats.

How moral of you.

So it's slitting baby's throats because of religion. And something that religion makes you do.

Sounds like ISIS to me.

2. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

Yeah it's not like picking a baby up and smashing it's head in was collateral damage.

How are we even arguing this?

Surely likes this.
  3. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

Lol i've given heaps of answers.

You're the one who doesn't have the guts to follow up his own argument.

Tell us if you agree with snoop that it was necessary to cut baby's throats and smash their heads in because of child sacrifice.

4. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

BTW that which God question is important.

I'm atheistic to any god which requires violence.

5. Collateral

Collateral Moderator Staff Member

That’s great. Doesn’t make you correct.

6. Collateral

You’ve given heaps of nothing as per usual.

I don’t delude myself to think I am in a position to second guess Gods decisions, no matter how illogical they may seem to me.

7. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

Lol...you want a violent god do you, Osama.

8. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

Piss off coward.

You just don't like my answers because you hate me.

You are incapable of any actual thought.

And now you're making yourself into a real bin laden.

If we are to believe the old testament account of numbers 31 (of which there isn't a skerrick of archaeological evidenc), hundreds of thousands of people including their babies were slaughtered.

I bet you've never even read the Bible.

9. Collateral

I’m not arrogant enough to think that I can decide who God is based on my perception of the universe which is so insignificant in the scheme of space and time.

10. Surely

Surely Moderator Staff Member

See the problem here is that you are getting second hand Info, actually it's way worse it's more like Chinese whispers

Now if God spoke to you be it one on one or in a seminar then you may have something to believe.

Mr Spock! likes this.
  11. Collateral

Lol.

I’m a coward? You’re the one posting fake war stories about family members. That’s a disgrace.

I don’t hate you at all. You are a mildly amusing screen name that posts a lot of bullshit and is arrogant beyond belief; but that doesn’t mean I hate you. I simply don’t care about you beyond the context of the 4C.

Bin laden, Nazi, white supremacist...yawn.

12. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

Nothing fake about my family's war stories.

You just don't believe them because you hate me.

You're a dishonest merkin who is now claiming to follow a violent god.

Well congratulations Osama. Join the ranks of other retards who killed for their god,

Of course this all came about over your incredulous question about genocide in the Bible.

As for arrogance, look in the mirror, dickhead.

You reek of it.

13. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

Actually it was more than that.

Most of the Old Testament was written during the Babylonian Exile where the myth of the Israelite nation was born. All the accounts were revised with the Exile in mind eg the Exodus. The Israelites were no more than a Canaanite tribe.

That people think these were written by eye witnesses is incredibly deluded and shows they know nothing on how ancient texts were written.

Btw if you hear voices telling you to kill people, you normally end up in an insane asylum.

t-ba and Surely like this.
  14. Collateral

My, my. You are a very angry, sad person Spock. Not to mention: a liar, a hypocrite and a snowflake.

You think you get to decide who God is.lol.

15. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

Oh poor coll...who has suddenly decided he needs to follow a violent god....

Hear Osama, go kill some gays....

Leviticus 20

13If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

16. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

The contradictions of the Canaanite genocide in the Bible

There's plenty of contradictions in the supposed genocide, heaps of threads which if you pull on start to unravel...And that's looking at the internal evidence and not the archaeological evidence. .....

For starters we have....

"Moses allotted to the Gadites half of the country of the Ammonites as far as Aroer, which is east of Rabbah." (Joshua 13:24) "Moses allotted to the tribe of Mannessah as their holding the lowlands of Moab east of the Jordan." (Joshua 13:31)

We find that after all this assignment of territory, that the battles were finished, and, "the land was now a peace." (Joshua 14:15)

In the book of Deuteronomy, we find that Moses said,

"when you reach the territory of the Ammonites you must not harass them or provoke them to battle for I will not give you any Ammonite land as a possession." (Deuteronomy 2:19) "You avoided the territory of the Ammonites, thus fulfilling all that YAHWEH God had commanded." (Deuteronomy 2:37) "Do not harass Moab or contend with them in battle, for I will not give you any of their land for a possession." (Deuteronomy 2:9)

So either Moses parceled out the territory of the Ammonites and Moabites or he did not.

Continue pulling on this thread and other books start to unravel as well. In the 11th Chapter of Judges, Jephthah quarreled over land with the Ammonites. The Ammonites said,

"when the Israelites came up out of Egypt, they seized our land all the way from Arnon to the Jabbok and the Jordan. Now return these lands peacefully." (Judges 11:13)
    Jephthah replied,

"Israel took neither Moabite or Ammonite land. They sent envoys to the King of Edom asking him to grant them passage through his country but he would not consent. The king of Moab would also not agree, so Israel journeyed through the wilderness and skirted the territories of Edom and Moab." (Judges 11:15)

Yank on this thread and another rip appears in another book. Moses is portrayed as speaking in Deuteronomy, and directly contradicts Jephthah.

"Edom granted us passage, and so did the Moabites in Ar." (Deuteronomy 2:29)

As well the Book of Joshua tells us that Moses assigned both the land of the Ammonites and the Moabites to the tribes, and that this land was parceled out by Joshua after the conquest was complete. Jephthah then concludes,

"for three hundred years (wtf??) we have been living in Heshbon, Aroer, and Arnon. Why did you not retake them in all that time?" (Judges 11:26)

This seems to be a retroactive admission that Israel did in fact take Ammonite land, as described in Joshua. Jephthah then attacked the Ammonites, making
    'a great slaughter'. "Thus Ammon was conquered by Israel." (Judges 11:32) (As YAHWEH had commanded Moses, and Joshua fulfilled, no doubt, or then again, as Deuteronomy insists, maybe not.)

If we continue with account of what took place after Joshua died, as it is given in Judges, we find that after taking Jerusalem, Judah conquered the Negeb,the Shephelah, Hebron, Sheshai, Ahiman, and Talmai, and Debir. Of course, it turns out that the Negev, the Shephalah, Hebron, and Debir were all attacked by Joshua during his lifetime. (Joshua 10:36-40)

In Hebron, "he left no survivor,destroying every living thing in it." (Joshua 10:37)

An identical passage is used to describe the fate of Debir at Joshua's hand. (Joshua 10:39) As for the Negeb and the Shephalah, Joshua, "left no survivor. destroying everything that drew breath, as YAHWEH the God of Israel had commanded." (Joshua 10:40)

That all these places and people indeed survive to battle Judah after Joshua's death is surely the first example of so many others in the Bible of a mass raising from the dead.

Now as for Sheshai, Ahiman, and Talmai, it turns out that Caleb accomplished this feat (Joshua 15:13) and in another of the internal inconsistencies in the book of Joshua it turns out that it was also Caleb who conquered Debir. (Joshua 15:15)

The pattern continues to the end of the book of Joshua. In Judges we are told that after Joshua's death, Judah attacked Zephath (formerly called Hormah).(Judges 1:17 -compare Joshua 12:14 ) They then took Gaza, Ashkelon, and Ekron. (Judges 1:18) According to (Joshua 10:40), Joshua took Gaza, killing their King at the same time as the countries mentioned in the previous paragraph, in a single sweeping campaign culminating in complete military victory, and, at the risk of becoming redundant, I point out that,

"he left not a single survivor,destroying everything that drew breath." (Joshua 10:40)

Here we have another of those interesting internal inconsistencies in the book of Joshua. In chapter 13 of the book, Joshua had become 'a very old man' and yet, "much of the country remains to be occupied." (Joshua 13:1)

Among these areas are, wouldn't you just know it, "Gaza and Ekron." (Joshua 13:3) In Judges we are told that Joseph attacked Bethel( (Judges 1:22) - compare Joshua 12:16 where once again Joshua gets the credit.

Mannessah, the book of Judges states, failed in their conquest of Taanach ( Judges 1:27 - Joshua 17:11, they failed; Joshua 12:21, Joshua succeeded in taking Taanach); Dor (Joshua 12:23, Joshua took Dor); Ibleam (Joshua 12:23, he took the place; Joshua 17:11, they failed); and Megiddo (ditto). So in these cases the familiar conflict is found between the Judges and Joshua account, and the Joshua account is also internally inconsistent. Ephraim failed to take Gezer (Judges 1:29-compare Joshua 12:10 and Joshua 10:33. Joshua took the place leaving 'no survivors. He killed every living thing.' Then again, maybe not, for (Joshua 16:10) they failed to take the place.) Naphtali failed to take Beth-shemesh (Judges 1:33) or then again compare Joshua 19:22 and 19:38. The Amorites forced the Danites into the hill country, and would not allow them to come down onto the fertile plains. (Judges 1:34) This must be another example of a mass raising from the dead. You see the Amorites were beaten by Joshua in another grand, sweeping campaign (chapter 10), and as it states in chapter 11, the Amorites were destroyed, and so were their cities and the people there. They were, "put to the sword, destroying them all." (Joshua 11:12). All their cities were 'plundered'. (Joshua 11:14) "They destroyed everyone. They did not leave anyone alive." (Joshua 11:14) "Joshua conquered the Hittites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perrizites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites." (Joshua 12:7) "Jericho fought against you, as did the Amorites, the Perrizites, the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Girgashites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, but I delivered them into your hands. They were driven out from before you." (Joshua 24:11)

Or, maybe not, for

"they did not drive out the Jebusites." (Judges 1:21) "The children of Israel dwelt among the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Perrizites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites." (Judges 3:5)

The Kingdom described in Joshua corresponds closely to that of the united Kingdom under Solomon. In the book of Judges the scenario is different. There is no singular and triumphant campaign of military conquest. The Israelites are confined to the less inhabited (and easily conquered) unfertile mountain ranges, with the Canaanites maintaining a firm grip on the fertile plains, "because they had iron chariots." (Judges 1:19)

Thus we are presented with a different picture of God, a god who is easily foiled in conquest and war by those iron chariots. Conquest of the land is something that is going to take centuries to accomplish, with the justification given for this state of affairs, that God was testing the people by leaving the Canaanites in possession of the land.

"The purpose of the test was to see whether or not the Israelites would obey God's commandments." (Judges 3:4)

Thus the Israelites were confined to the mountain ranges while the fertile plains are described as remaining in the hands of all those people Joshua had supposedly wiped out, 'leaving not a single survivor'. Included on the list of 'survivors' are, "the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and (of course) the Jebusites." (Judges 3:5)

The Books of Joshua and Judges are not historical, they are works of national revisionism.

Consider also the Lebanese are descendents of the Canaanites (so were the Israelites but meh). In fact the only reason Lebanese survive today (according to those who believe this) is because the Israelites didn't follow God's instructions to totally annihilate their race.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  17. Collateral

How does posting bible verses prove that you get to decide who God is?

18. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

Lol............:D

19. Collateral

So no answer?

20. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

Lol.....:D