Ridiculing Religion 2 - The Ridiculining

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by gUt, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

As well as look how rich I've become.

You can be too if you give me your rent money....

See how easy it is.

And if you ain't rich you ain't got enough faith like me.

Pantherjim. likes this.
  2. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

Thought this was pretty good movie on Netflix dealing with doubt and reality....

Pantherjim. likes this.
  3. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

As abhorrent as they are nothing beats these charlatans......who take money from the poor for their own shows and f*ck with people's lives.

Bonnke had 15 people trampled to death at his 'show' in africa and refused to see the bodies despite being a miracle worker. So one of the dad's left the body of his dead kid on his Mercedes (see around 28 minute mark). This is a brutal video about people with no hope eg dying kids putting their faith in charlatans.

Pantherjim. likes this.
  4. Snoop

Snoop Coach

Was it a how-to guide to becoming Deepak Chopra?

5. Smack

Smack First Grade

I think the word 'abhorrent' is getting a bit over used in 2018

6. Snoop

Snoop Coach

I think it's use with respect to fake faith healers and money stealing preachers is more than justified.

myrrh ken likes this.
  7. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

More of how to break away from fundamentalist teaching and conservative christianity which separates people into us and them - like the pharisees.

8. Snoop

Snoop Coach

Fixed it for you

9. Snoochies

Snoochies Bench

There is a new movement called the NAR (New Apostolic Reformation) that is sweeping through the US and here also. They claim they are modern day apostles and a new awakening is taking place. Started from what I understand is the Toronto Blessing, people barking like dogs and doing crazy shit, has reached a pinnacle now and Bethel Church in Redding CA is pretty much the leader of the pack and claim things as glory could, gold dust and healings to no end, of which none have ever been verified. Bill Johnson, Todd Bentley and Todd White are the ones making the rounds and people are flocking to them. There is an event here at Etihad Stadium later in the year called Awakening Australia where we'll see these folk.

Not a fan personally.

10. Mr Angry

Mr Angry Not a Referee

God save the Queen.

And may God bless America.

Every day the Australian parliament sits, it starts with the Lords prayer.

11. Snoochies

Snoochies Bench

You forgot the Kiwis

12. Mr Angry

Mr Angry Not a Referee

Just part of NSW really.

13. Snoop

Snoop Coach

Bentley is just a lunatic and White is misguided but Bill Johnson is very smooth. A little twist here and a little twist there and before you know it physical healing is an essential part of the Gospel (from a guy who needs reading glasses by the way).

14. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

Derp...your teaching is no different to the pharisees.

15. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

That's not new......

16. gUt

gUt Coach

How the f**k does anyone willingly stay a member of this sick child rape cult? Their cross-dressing leaders are just the vilest scum on the planet and yet millions and millions of well meaning people are deluded into thinking they represent something virtuous. It's 2018, wake up.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-...ders-refuse-to-report-child-sex-abuse/9877526

Catholic leaders 'willing to go to jail' to uphold seal of confession and not report child sex abuse

Catholic priests have said they are not willing to break the seal of confession to report child sex abuse, and would rather go to jail than abide by the law.

South Australia has joined the ACT in moving ahead with laws to force Catholic priests to break the seal of confession, to report paedophiles to police.

Other states are still deliberating over whether or not they will adopt that recommendation from the royal commission.

But Catholic Church leaders have rejected the idea.

Father Michael Whelan, the parish priest in St Patrick's Church Hill in Sydney, said priests would not break the seal of confession.

"The state will be requiring us as Catholic priests to commit as what we regard as the most serious crime and I'm not willing to do that," Father Whelan said.

The New South Wales Government has said it would respond later this month about whether priests would be legally obliged to report confessions of child sex abuse.

"I expect every jurisdiction in Australia now will follow that recommendation and I expect the church throughout will simply not observe it?" Father Whelan said.

Asked if the Catholic Church was above the law, he said: "Absolutely not, but when state tries to intervene on our religious freedom, undermine the essence of what it means to be a Catholic, we will resist."

"The only way they [the states] would be able to see whether the law was being observed or not is to try and entrap priests."

Father Whelan said he was "willing to go to jail" rather than abide by a law.

An alternative, if a priest hears a paedophile confess sins of child sexual abuse, would be to "stop them immediately", says Father Whelan.

"I would say, 'Come with me now, we will go down to the police station in order for you to show that you are remorseful'," he said.

NSW Labor senator Kristina Keneally, who is a scholar of theology and a Catholic, said church could not put itself above the law, but mandatory reporting was not the most effective way to prevent abuse.

"I would look to ordination itself, I would look to who we ordain," she said.

"I have no doubt that if more women and more parents were involved in the leadership of their Catholic Church, that the problem of child sexual abuse would not have been as big as it was and would have been dealt with far differently when it came to light within the institution."

Mr Spock! likes this.
  17. mrx

mrx Juniors

ANYONE WHO BELIEVES IN RELIGION HAS AN IQ OF 5

18. Bandwagon

Bandwagon Moderator Staff Member

No need to shout buddy.

19. 2_Smoking_Guns

2_Smoking_Guns First Grade

Maybe you should "see the light" so you could attain that score!

20. Snoop

Snoop Coach

DEMONSTRABLY NOT TRUE.

ouryears likes this.