What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Games

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
So long Mafia, so long board-mini games such as Elimination House and Survivor
We had a good run, pitty the player base isn't around or interested anymore :(
Thanks to all who ran a game or played, We had a fairly good run :clap:

Alas, off to the FFBRL, and perhaps a Wrestling diary might have to be on the cards to get us through the off-season

I blame foriegners.

images

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Ironically, it was the lack of foreigners here that led to its demise :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Let me know when you wanna do this Bushy and we might move it to drum up some more business.

Maybe a couple of weeks prior to see if any newbies wanna join.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Let me know when you wanna do this Bushy and we might move it to drum up some more business.

Maybe a couple of weeks prior to see if any newbies wanna join.

Will do, mate. Got one newbie already, but holding off until we wrap up this season and get the database up to date.

Not sure Imma continue with FFBRL....lost the care factor it seems.

Losing a bunch will do that to you. Part of the reason I can't get back into the ASRL - you get handed a shit time, the system takes far too long to game, and you end up losing a bunch.

Bazal

Post Whore
Tbh I was losing it before that...I kind of found some interest over there when I wound up with Cronk and Foran as halves, but it was gone after about two weeks...might give it another season, I'll see when it comes around

Misanthrope

Staff member
Tbh I was losing it before that...I kind of found some interest over there when I wound up with Cronk and Foran as halves, but it was gone after about two weeks...might give it another season, I'll see when it comes around

Hopefully the introduction of salary caps and contracts will at least make the challenge a bit more...uh...challenging.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Do we have the regulars back?
Would love to actually give my Survivor game a go, I'm sure you'd love it!

Apey

Staff member
dedsport means dedsportforum

man I f**king loved playing mafia when I was right into it, but couldn't see me playing it again any time soon. I had a few game idea/games in the works but honestly they had the 25+ strong player base in mind so never bothered with them.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Hows the ffbrl work?

j could be tempted

It's pretty straightforward.

You've got a team made up of real life NRL/ESL players. Each player is given a rating for attack, defense, field kicking, goal kicking, and attitude.

You name your side, decide on strategies (using your halves and targeting their fullback etc), and then the sim uses all of this to decide who wins.

It's not tied to NRL/ESL in terms of how you score, although obviously you want to recruit guys who are doing well in the NRL as they'll have better stats.

Off-season right now while He Who Shall Not Be Named, Goldthorpe, and I re-rate players for the season to come.

dedsport means dedsportforum

man I f**king loved playing mafia when I was right into it, but couldn't see me playing it again any time soon. I had a few game idea/games in the works but honestly they had the 25+ strong player base in mind so never bothered with them.

A lot of the guys who were mafia regulars have left or disappeared, and those who remain (like myself) got a bit burned out on it.

When I started mafia, we had a really active FFB and capturing a portion of that was enough. Now it seems like there's just 8-9 of us rattling around in here.

DB

First Grade
Yeah, some people just took it way too far in other sub forums, and got the flick.

I ended up joining the latter games, more to help with the numbers.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I miss mafia/board games in general :(
This place turned out to be like a bar where everybody knows your name, and their always glad you came. Not its that like an empty cave that if you through a coin down, you'd hear the echo every time it'd hit a wall, right until it hits the floor. Then you yell 'Echo' for fun.

Hopefully in time we can a player base back up =)