What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Western Force- Pirates?

adamkungl

Immortal
“I’ll never go to another Wallabies game for the rest of my life as a result of this decision. I’ve decided I’m going back to rugby league now in WA because the NRL is clearly supporting WA much more than the ARU is,” he said."

The girl is WA.
The dog is Todd Greenberg. Note the expression of vacant disinterest.

J5EoQ.gif

King hit

Coach
Rugby league in Perth failed so did Rugby Union....bad luck Perth Red...

Remember the Super League shit exploded a month into the Reds existence and they lost half of their support overnight. They started quite well and could've built on it. It deserves another chance.

Generalzod

Immortal
Remember the Super League shit exploded a month into the Reds existence and they lost half of their support overnight. They started quite well and could've built on it. It deserves another chance.
Off course they do but I'm just giving it to Perth red after all he has been Cronulla's best supporter lol

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
I empathise with the Farce fans,losing a club that you are passionate about.But hey that's one club.

Might I remind that code and its fans, in 1941 thanks to officials of their code and a pr*ck of a non elected Govt, rugby league lost the whole friggin code, kaput for a few years.

That's like comparing a lone rower losing himself in the Atlantic to the loss of the Titanic.

magpie_man

Juniors
Could the NRL simply offer the Force a license for a place in the Telstra Premiership?
The Force keeps all assets, sponsorships, licenses etc but switches to Rugby League.
Most of the grunt work will be done already for the NRL in setting-up a Perth-based club and the Force continue to exist albeit in a different but more lucrative league.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Could the NRL simply offer the Force a license for a place in the Telstra Premiership?
The Force keeps all assets, sponsorships, licenses etc but switches to Rugby League.
Most of the grunt work will be done already for the NRL in setting-up a Perth-based club and the Force continue to exist albeit in a different but more lucrative league.

I don't know if it is possible but it would certainly would be a slap in the face to the ARU. The Force is owned by the ARU though isn't it? I doubt they would sell the brand and license to us - they could do with the cash though :p

magpie_man

Juniors
I don't know if it is possible but it would certainly would be a slap in the face to the ARU. The Force is owned by the ARU though isn't it? I doubt they would sell the brand and license to us - they could do with the cash though :p

I'm not sure but I think they are owned by "RugbyWA".
Even if the ARU own the "Force" brand, it seems as though the club itself is a private organisation.
You're right: it would be a deciding kick in the nuts for the ARU - you'll have to pardon me for not having a whit of sympathy for them after enduring the chauvinism of the likes of John O'Neill, Peter Fitzsimons, Mike Carlton, et al for the previous two decades.

taipan

Referee

I'm recommending the NRL seize all the Force's assets,adn then the ARUs and see how that would play out for a few years.:oops:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not sure of the "ownership" status. They were owned by RugbyWA but taken over by the ARU in 2016 but not sure if that was just the license or the brand etc. The fact they are fighting the decision would suggest that RugbyWA still has some level of ownership. Either way neither the ARU or RugbyWA is going to hand it over to the NRL anytime soon!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Shit brand, dont want them...

Offer them a spot in reserves. Now THAT would be a slap in the face to Union.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Typical non committal response. No better then the ummms and Ahhhs we used to get from Gallop.

On his appointment: “I wouldn’t describe myself as a visionary, nor do I think I’m a guy with all the ideas,” Greenberg said.

axl rose

Bench
Greenbergs response to Force being kicked out. 'oh did they'

Inspirational that man, a real visionary. I know other codes and the business community are just beating down the door to sign him up for their company. I don't know how Rugby League has kept him this long.

Latest posts