What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RL gaining ground in Victorian Schools

In the Pakenham Gazette, a fornight ago(Pakenham is 60kms south east of Melbourne)

In the heart of Garry Ablett's Country of Victoria, A Rugby League game was played by the year 9's students of Pakenham Secondary College and there arch rival school Koo-wee-Rup Secondary College in the first registered Rugby League match in both of there school's history.

Pakenham won a very close match 12-6 and was enjoyed by nearly 500 students, parents and onlookers who came to look and watch.

I must admit I was there and it was a very close game and i had a chat to the Pakenham and Koo wee rup principal and they were delighted with this, that they might have a best of 3 game series between the schools next year.

Out of the game, a interested onlooker was also a Victorian State Selector and two of these young kids from Pakenham Secondary got into the Victorian State side.

Latest posts