What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLIF in talks to start US Pro League

Whatwhere

Juniors
The salary cap for 2017 is £1.85m. What part of that don't you understand? Why would 2016 have any relevance to the Wolfpack?

And your "examples" was a list of proper professional sporting competitions that in no way proves this crap about there being 200 players contracted. Every piece of available evidence says otherwise. Apparently a 15-a-side game needs 40 players to play a grand total of 12 games but only lists 30 players or less. Riiiight.

Just found an article that backs you up. So I will concede on that front.

And the NFL often have 100 players on their payroll. They only play 16 games a season. The MLS runs deep squads often farming out players to loeer league teams but they train with the main squad.

Just found an article that backs you up. So I will concede on that front.

And the NFL often have 100 players on their payroll. They only play 16 games a season. The MLS runs deep squads often farming out players to loeer league teams but they train with the main squad.
The NFL? 100 players? No they f**king don't. They have squads of 53 and are allowed 10 more on the practice squad. And that's a sport in which 45 players can be active on game day.

AND

Every player at every club is listed for all to see, not mysteriously absent, even the practice squad players.

Arucard

Juniors
LOL

He's still trying to fight and hold on, but nobody cares what he has to say. ECT giving him a lesson.

adamkungl

Immortal
Pages of debating whether someone is a union troll is worse for the conversation than if he actually is...

Sjrugby

Juniors
I believe league and union can both thrive just fine in N.America. most league teams have players who play both codes anyways. If there can be both indoor and outdoor lacrosse and indoor and outdoor soccer in this country, regardless of how professional the players are. If both styles of those sports can boost professional leagues for the past 20-30 years then league and union can have pro leagues in America's.

Sjrugby

Juniors
I actually hope both happen , as a union first guy I enjoy league very much and wish there was more league in USA

Whatwhere

Juniors
The NFL? 100 players? No they f**king don't. They have squads of 53 and are allowed 10 more on the practice squad. And that's a sport in which 45 players can be active on game day.

AND

Every player at every club is listed for all to see, not mysteriously absent, even the practice squad players.

You're aware that each NFL franchise also maintain extensive practice squads, right? They don't get published as part of the official roster but they are employed throughout both the preseason and season itself.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Mate, your talkimg to the wrong crowd here. They have no interest in coexistence.

Will you be following the MRC?
I'll bite, any evidence that the fans of RL or the people running the game have ever gone out of their way to eradicate Union anywhere?

As far as I can see, one code has tried in many places to get established carving out their own little niche whilst some other sport has used all its power money and influence to eradicate said young upstart.

The only ones not interested in co existence seem to all come from your favoured sport from the top right down to the very bottom. You even signed up here to let us all know how good union is and how irrelevant league is (outside wigan, sydney and auckland) then turn around and say it is the leaguies being aggressive.

Shakes head*

Sjrugby

Juniors
Anyone know if there's a way to watch the wolfpack once the season starts ? And has there been any news on who will show RL games in the USA for 2017?

Whatwhere

Juniors
PRO rugby is not dead apparently. Players have been informed that the preseason will begin in April. They also have replacement for San Francisco lined up.

deluded pom?

Coach
Anyone know if there's a way to watch the wolfpack once the season starts ? And has there been any news on who will show RL games in the USA for 2017?
All their games, home and away, are being covered by Premier Sports so I'm sure there'll be a stream available.

Sjrugby

Juniors
Fox soccer 2 go or what ever the app is called has SL games listed already. Don't know of Fox sports or FS2 has anything planned for programming