What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLIS has a blog!

druzik

Juniors
National U17 Team Selection for Rugby League in Italy

July 25th, 2013
From Joel Morgan, Italia RFL

After the very successful championship finals that were played at CONI Acqua Acetosa (Rome) on July 13 and 14 achieving national television and .major newspaper coverage for the activity registered by the FIRFL.

Read more...

druzik

Juniors
Surely it would be better for them to attempt to start a second Polish team rather than pay these ridiculous costs for a couple of one-off matches every year?

Yes but the problem is getting that second team going, no one else has stepped up to try and form a second team for us, so we are relying on what we can... its all well and good saying this should be done and that, but the reality is, PRL needs to have some funds to get any game going right now... till that we wont have another team and we will possibly lose players.

deal.with.it

Juniors
What about if they could recruit enough players, say 26, to be able to at least play a match against themselves while waiting to play touring sides or touring themselves

druzik

Juniors
Fight Secure Lead as RIR have a First for Rugby League

August 1ST, 2013
By Daniel Andruczyk

Living in the USA, I guess many of my articles have had more of a North American flavour to them, after all its the games I get to see often and interact with the players and some managers. With the split here there is a very real relevant need to cover the game in any detail here. Fortunately I have several teams from both the AMNRL and USARL I can go and see.

Read more...

druzik

Juniors
What about if they could recruit enough players, say 26, to be able to at least play a match against themselves while waiting to play touring sides or touring themselves

That would be nice , indeed... not sure if they have enough players. I think there are about 20 on the cards at the moment... it varies though from week to week.

druzik

Juniors
Maltese continue to produce the goods against foreign opposition

August 6th, 2013
From Anthony Micallef (MRL)

Few expected the type of match we experienced recently at Pembroke’s Melita Football Ground. An end to end game that had everything from scintillating attack to bruising defence.

Read more...

druzik

Juniors
Rugby League European Shield Game 10 – Report

POSTED BY DRUZIK ON AUG 6TH, 2013 IN INTERNATIONAL, RUGBY LEAGUE | 0 COMMENTS
From Phil Caplan

ITALIANS CLAIM VICTORY IN HIGH SCORING ENCOUNTER – GERMANY 30 ITALY 66 – Karlsruhe

A man of the match performance from Warrington’s young full back James Saltonstall saw Italy retain faint hopes of winning the 2012-3 European Shield, with a 66-30 win over holders Germany in 36 degree heat in Karlsruhe.

Read more...

druzik

Juniors
HUNGARY STAGES FIRST LOCAL RUGBY LEAGUE COMPETITION

August 6th, 2013
From Phil Caplan

The Hungarian Rugby League Federation organised its first Rugby League Cup over the weekend. Having had spent two years establishing exchanges with teams from regional neighbours Serbia and the Czech Republic, four male and three female teams played in a nines competition in Székesfehérvár, 65km south-west of Budapest.

Read more...

druzik

Juniors
Pacific showdown in Vanuatu vs Solomon Islands

August 6th, 2013
From Ben Howard, Vanuatu RL

Pacific rivalry will be at its very best with the historic showdown between Vanuatu and Solomon Islands in a rugby league test match in Mackay this October. The game commemorates the Australian South Sea Islander 150 Year anniversary of people or ‘blackbirds’ from Vanuatu and Solomon Islands being removed from the Islands and resettled throughout Queensland.

Read more...

druzik

Juniors
Interview with FIRFL National Youth Coordinator Massimo Nicotra: Increasing National Youth Setup Further

August 6th, 2013
From Joel Morgan, FIRFL

The Federazione Italiana Rugby Football League put points on the board with focus on growing the youth program.

After the recent youth national stage in Avezzano the satisfaction among those involved is still alive. The city is where the official National Under 17 selection stage and development initiative grew further through coaches Sebastian Velazquez and Gigi Ferraro.

Read more...

druzik

Juniors
New York Win Big in Virginia

August 6th, 2013
By Daniel Andruczyk

New York Knights 52 – 04 NOVA Eagles

The weekend saw some unbelievably atrocious weather on the East Coast of the USA. In some appalling rain the New York Knights travelled to Northern Virginia to take on the NOVA Eagles. It was a game that potentially promised to be competitive since it was a top of the table clash. However the Knights showed that they really are a step up above the rest of the competition with a resounding victory over the Eagles. Despite the rain, I was had my girlfriend experience her first live game of League as well as two of her close friends. Despite the score line they came away thoroughly impressed and new converts to the Greatest game of All.

Read more...

druzik

Juniors
The Rugby League Warriors are back

August 6th, 2013
From Philippine Rugby League

The last time these groups of local Filipino Rugby League enthusiast were together, was at the inaugural Clark International 9s tournament on Saturday the 27th October, 2012.

Read more...

druzik

Juniors
History at War on the Shore

August 7th, 2013
By Daniel Andruczyk

The annual AMNRL War in the shore was played over the weekend of 3 August at Sea Isle City New Jersey. The last full round of the 2013 season was to be played with the new kids on the block, Southampton Dragons taking on the New York Northern Raiders, Front runners New York Knights were taking on the Pennsylvania Bulls and NOVA to take on the Connecticut Wildcats.

Read more...

druzik

Juniors
First time to play Rugby League on Grass!

August 8th, 2013
From Erik Elefante, PNRL

When Marlyn Simpson sent the Philippines National Rugby League (PNRL) the latest pictures of the San Narciso Junior Rugby League team training at the Philippine Merchant Marine Academy (PMMA) she titled the photos, “First time to play Rugby League on Grass”!

Read more...

druzik

Juniors
Time to Draw a Line

August 9th, 2013
By Daniel Andruczyk

Another year of Rugby League in the USA is almost done. Both the AMNRL and USARL have finished their regular seasons and are about to kick off their play-offs. Over the last 10 weeks I have been to many of the Rugby League matches from both competitions. I have seen a range of teams both competitions have to offer from the good, to the bad and to the ugly. I have spoken with many of the players and people that run the teams and the sport. I have made my own observations as well and one thing is clear: Both the AMNRL and USARL have to come back together and soon.

Read more...

druzik

Juniors
The PAL Tamaraws Back Bone

August 14th, 2013
From Erick Elefante

The weekend warriors – the Park Rugby League or Park Footie players are the unsung heroes of the Philippines National Rugby League (PNRL) national side the PAL Tamaraws. For without them the Philippines would not have a competitive International Rugby League team, such early on in its formation.

Read more...

druzik

Juniors
England-Midlands U18s Undertake Second Pioneering Tour to Serbia

August 14th, 2013
From Phil Caplan, RLEF Media

The England-Midlands U18s depart for Belgrade, Serbia on Thursday 15th August where they face Germany and the hosts at the Rugby League European Federation Youth Festival. The Midlands select played at the same event in 2012 where they faced Lebanon and Serbia.

Read more...

druzik

Juniors
Fight Give the Best Present

August 14th, 2013
By Daniel Andruczyk

This months theme has been very much American centric at RLIS. Both the AMNRL and USARL are getting down to the nitty, gritty of their season with play offs and Championship finals approaching. Both the Axemen and Fight have shown that they are the dominant teams in the USARL while the AMNRL the Knight and Wildcats are also showing they are the top dogs. With the cold relations starting to thaw a bit, may we see a “Super Bowl” type game this year or next?

Read more...

druzik

Juniors
Wildcats Maul the Knights in Championship Upset

August 20th, 2013
By Daniel Andruczyk at Greenwich High School Stadium

All season the New York Knights have been the dominant team, in fact they have been the dominant team in the last few years. Their main rivals through this period have been the Connecticut Wildcats and with memory of last years Grand Final loss the Wildcats were out for some revenge. The Knights had a 100% record in the season and an 83% record of winning games with 20+ points. In the first round they had a close encounter with the Wildcats winning 36-38 at home in Manhattan but this showed one of two things, that the Cats can get them if their guard is let down and the Knights and Cats by far are the two best teams in the whole AMNRL competition both with an 86% record of winning with 20+ points coming into the Grand Final.

Read more...

Latest posts