What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLW Rumour Mill...

Southernsaint

Staff member
Well, it's popped up again. In this week's Rugby League Week, the rumours column has come up with the old "Barrett to Easts" story & given it another run.

Basically, the gist of it is that The Face is unhappy at Saints so he's going to cop the cash off the club until his contract runs out & then go to Easts when Fittler's contract there runs out. It's a rumour that's been doing the rounds for a while & I'm surprised that it made it into print considering there isn't that much hard evidence of its truth - no matter how possible it seems.

To be honest, would we even notice The Face has gone?? One thing's for sure, we'd have a hell of a lot more money under the cap to pay for young players that we want to keep who will actually put in for the team. The only time I can even really remember him playing a match-winning game for Saints was, ironically, against Easts in 1999. Hardly value for money.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
Well I'd love to have a fully fit and in-form Barrett playing for Saints... but it has been a long time between drinks.

The rumour has been going on over the forums for what seems like a couple of years. Can only wonder how much is truth and how much is fiction. Stands to reason that Easts have spoken to him but who don't they speak to?

For what it's worth, the club seems to think that he's staying put.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Denis'saints'Freak said:
I reckon he’ll end up a Rooster.

But what does it matter?

I Dont think that Trent will leave, In fact he will sign up soon for another few years at a Reduced Contract.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Stgillaman said:
Denis'saints'Freak said:
I reckon he’ll end up a Rooster.

But what does it matter?

I Dont think that Trent will leave, In fact he will sign up soon for another few years at a Reduced Contract.

Put him on match payemnts & see if he fires up then!! Better yet, make our new away strip next season Sky Blue - we might finally see a bit of commitment...

Cheers,
Ben S.

rourkster

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Well, it's popped up again. In this week's Rugby League Week, the rumours column has come up with the old "Barrett to Easts" story & given it another run.

Basically, the gist of it is that The Face is unhappy at Saints so he's going to cop the cash off the club until his contract runs out & then go to Easts when Fittler's contract there runs out. It's a rumour that's been doing the rounds for a while & I'm surprised that it made it into print considering there isn't that much hard evidence of its truth - no matter how possible it seems.

To be honest, would we even notice The Face has gone?? One thing's for sure, we'd have a hell of a lot more money under the cap to pay for young players that we want to keep who will actually put in for the team. The only time I can even really remember him playing a match-winning game for Saints was, ironically, against Easts in 1999. Hardly value for money.

Cheers,
Ben S.

I was at Marathon in 2001 for a Friday night game where Barrett carved the Knights up. He was brilliant that night. I don't watch all Saints games so I can't really comment on his dedication to your club, but I'd sure love to have him at the Knights.

shadowboxer

First Grade
read the sunday papers - if that was no indication that barrett has been nibbling on roosters nuts, i dont know what is. As an outsider, you would be better without him.

Latest posts