What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC 2017 INJURY WATCH

roughyedspud

Coach
We could have our first casualty....a big un' too..

Greg inglis is out for 6 months with a torn ACL..

Burns

First Grade
Beat me to it Spud! I had the same idea when I heard about Inglis.

Not sure we really have any others that long term yet. A few NZ/ENG boys are injured at the moment no?

Dakink

Bench
Inglis is a big loss but luckily fullback is one position that we have good depth at the moment.

deluded pom?

Coach
Inglis is a big loss but luckily fullback is one position that we have good depth at the moment.
Great player he has been but he's been on the decline for a while, mainly due to injuries. As an England supporter I'd now sooner see Inglis at FB rather than Tedesco. FB isn't a position Australia have to worry about. Who'd be favourite for Inglis' centre spot?

Last Week

Bench
Inglis, who ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during last Friday night’s season opener against Wests Tigers, is due to undergo surgery on Wednesday.
It is anticipated that Inglis will be sidelined for six months but the Rabbitohs won’t rush him back until he has fully recovered and are preparing to play the remainder of the season without their captain and star fullback.

However, Meninga said the Kangaroos selectors would have no hesitation in including Inglis in Australia’s World Cup squad even if the 30-year-old did not play another NRL game this season.

“Greg’s a really important part of the rep program, he’s one of our best players in the game and it’s very important that he’s part of the team if he’s available,” Meninga told Fox Sports.

“WE’D HAVE NO HESITATION IN PICKING HIM IF HE HASN’T PLAYED ANY GAMES THIS YEAR." “I’M SURE I’M SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF ALL THE SELECTORS WHEN I SAY HE’LL BE IN THE PICTURE, NO DOUBT.”
Meninga will choose a 23 or 24-man squad for the World Cup after the NRL grand final and the Kangaroos are likely to play a warm-up game before the tournament opener against England in Melbourne on October 27.

Inglis was a key member of the Australian team which beat New Zealand in the 2013 World Cup final at Old Trafford to reclaim the Paul Barriere Trophy the Kiwis had won five years earlier in Brisbane and will be keen to play if he can.

With Johnathan Thurston set to retire from representative football after the World Cup and speculation that Cooper Cronk is also considering his playing future, Inglis is unlikely to get another chance to play with his long-time Queensland team-mates.

Since debuting for Australia on the left wing as a teenager in 2006, Inglis has scored 31 tries in 38 Tests and is likely to surpass former Test captain Darren Lockyer as the Kangaroos greatest all time try scorer if he plays in the World Cup.

While Inglis has been plagued by problems with his right knee in recent seasons, it was noticeable in Friday night’s game against Wests Tigers that he did not have any strapping on it but he injured the other knee.

Remarkably he played on for 50 minutes after suffering the injury early in the match and scored a try soon after but scans on Saturday revealed the damage was more severe than Inglis or Souths medical staff had initially thought.

Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire has said that Inglis will assist his coaching staff while he recovers from the surgery.

Australia plays England at Melbourne's Rectangular Stadium on October 27, France at Canberra Stadium on November 3 and Lebanon at the Sydney Football Stadium on November 11.

Vs England
Purchase Tickets to Australia v England in Melbourne on 27/10/2017

Vs France
Purchase Tickets to Australia v France in Canberra on 03/11/2017

Vs Lebanon
Purchase Tickets to Australia v Lebanon in Sydney on 11/11/2017

By Brad Walter | @BradWalterSport
Chief Correspondent, RLWC2017

http://www.rlwc2017.com/news/australia-will-still-pick-greg-inglis-world-cup

Gotta say, I'm actually in favour of this. If fit. He's been extremely good for us and he deserves loyalty. It's a risk, but I think it's worth it. If he's fit. And only as a centre, not fullback.

f**kin club football. They need to scrap it so teams that are actually important don't suffer.

It was always going to happen. The WC will be decimated by injury to second tier teams and possibly even NZ.

roughyedspud

Coach
Tom Johnston,the Wakefield winger and potential bolter for the England squad..is also done for the season with a knee injury

roughyedspud

Coach
There's several developing & breaking stories at the moment..

Jonathan Thurston is, apparently,a major doubt for origin and the rest of the season with a shoulder injury..

And some kiwis have been on the sniff...lol

Latest posts