What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC Media Watch

Brutus

Referee
Now there is little doubt there is going to be a line up of turd buckets in the media wanting to bag the RLWC.

There will be the usual league haters, but it's the ones that claim to be rugby league supporters that I really can't cop.

First on the list is ex-cricketer and supposed RL fan Stuart Clark. On Sky Sports Radio last Sunday he kept referring to it as the Who Cares Cup.

Last edited:

morningstar

Juniors
Rothfield the "Rugby League Editor at Large" has already struck in his stupid "What's the Buzz" column. It's only a few sentences but the usual crap, farce, only played in 3 countries etc....merkin.

Chris Irvine of the Sunday Times in the Uk has celebrated getting his first full page of RL in tbe paper for the year by having a big whinge about UK RL rather than bigging up the tournament. Tit.

Even heard Rab's on the way home from work today saying things like "is Wales playing in this cup".

If Channel 9 had the rights he would be championing it but since they don't he makes a smug attempt to bag it. Like the listeners are idiots and they do not know what he is up to.

I wonder if these same people will be up watching the games but then the next day play dumb and carry on they did not know anything about it.

As far as I am concerned this will be the best RLWC ever and the baggers can get well and truly f**cked. :x

Pig Champion

Juniors
Now there is little doubt there is going to be a line up of turd buckets in the media wanting to bag the RLWC.

There will be the usual league haters, but it's the ones that claim to be rugby league supporters that I really can't cop.

First on the list is ex-cricketer and supposed RL fan Stuart Clark. On Sky Sports Radio last Sunday he kept referring to it as the Who Cares Cup.

Jealousy. Isn't it cricket season yet rugby league still dominates. Too many vested interests basically gives you an idea of the moral fibre of some of these people.

vamosrafa

Juniors

It's heading into cricket season, there is a big one day series in India, although to be honest the Australian media is focussing more on the cricket than the World Cup, and I think the Ashes got more coverage than the NRL when the ashes were on this year, although I'm not sure about the last one.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Being in WA I regularly listen to Podcasts of the Triple M sports shows to keep up with the Rugby League news, I was quite looking forward to hearing 'The Rush Hour' today as I thought the World Cup talk would start to ramp up, all Rabs talked about was how its a waste of time having the other counties involved, its a boring process to get to the inevitable Aus v NZ final, the other teams dont want to be there and get flogged by 60 etc etc.
He then went on to ask stupid/ignorant questions like why are Aus playing England in Wales and kept on refering to them as GB, why do we need a World Cup, I was so angry I wished I had of heard it live so I could call in.

To respond to Rabs I would point out the following: We get the other countries involved in order to grow the game beyond the outer Sydney suburbs (yes Ray there is a whole big world out there), The group stages are probably the best part of the tournament watching all the other nations compete against each other (far from boring),The other countries love playing and show more pride and passion for there culture than anyone who ever pulled on a Kangaroos Jumper, they dont worry about being flogged but look at taking up the challenge of the best teams in the world. Australia are playing England in Wales as part of a double header, and your not going to believe this Ray but the other game involves Wales, and you know what that means, no GB.

Now I got that little rant over I just want to get to Saturday, stuff the Australian media. I have been waiting for this to start all year and I am going to sit back and enjoy a great festival celebrating our great game, to all those bagging it its your loss.

Rant over.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not surprising, if it isn't nsw v qland they give it no credibility, such a shame our international game is hamstrung by merkins.

Personally I can't wait and am massively looking forward to it. So many tasty clashes, just hope weather isn't a spoiler for crowds and handling. The poor png boys are going to get hypothermia in Hull!

Misanthrope

Staff member
There won't be an ounce of sadness from me when that spiteful old merkin bites the dust. Leeched off league his whole career and gives sweet f**k all back.

It's heading into cricket season, there is a big one day series in India, although to be honest the Australian media is focussing more on the cricket than the World Cup, and I think the Ashes got more coverage than the NRL when the ashes were on this year, although I'm not sure about the last one.

Lol.

I love one day cricket, but I'm not sure there's any such thing as a "big series" any more.

People have grown tired of constant cricket.

If it was so big one of the free to air networks would have bid for it.

Someone else you can add to the list of world cup haters is that @nospam49 idiot on twitter.

I know it's not conventional media but he does have over 6000 followers and he's been bagging it mercilessly for months.

Claims to be a rugby league fan but pretty much every tweet is negative. Really tiresome stuff.

Brutus

Referee
That is why I'd like clowns like Ray Warren extinguished from our game.

Thank god ch 9 is nowhere near the world cup.

Brutus

Referee
Someone else you can add to the list of world cup haters is that @nospam49 idiot on twitter.

I know it's not conventional media but he does have over 6000 followers and he's been bagging it mercilessly for months.

Claims to be a rugby league fan but pretty much every tweet is negative. Really tiresome stuff.

He is no league fan. What a turd.

thorson1987

Coach

Most of the time he is just bagging the poms to get reactions.

RHCP

Bench
The Italy win has been getting a fair amount of coverage.

There is nothing 'big' about ODI's anymore, they're pure filler.

expansionist

Juniors
I was pleasantly surprised by Mike Colemans contribution.

He references in his article that he was a bagger the last time around. Infact I remember sending him a very strongly worded email (holy crap it may have even been for the 2000 RLWC) after he came out with the same old rubbish.. only played in 3 countries etc.

I class that as a small win.