What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC Media Watch

no name

Coach
Tulson Tollett! Haven't heard that name in a while.
Decent read, all of them pretty honest in their opinions.

morningstar

Juniors
I've long held my suspicions, but Craig Bellamy has now confirmed that Australians generally cannot do basic arithmetic....

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...league-world-cup/story-e6frf3ou-1226771627127

Who keeps profiteering this 8 weeks figure?! The tournament goes for 5 weeks and they arrived in England a week and a half before it started.

Sick of the lets just have the top 4 nations crap as well......don't we already do that during non world cup years?.....they only go for 7 weeks though :sarcasm:

Kurt Angle

First Grade
I'd be more concerned about your comprehension than Aussie arithmetic. He said the team was, or will be in England for 8 weeks, not playing 8 weeks of world cup football.

The Kangaroos did not step of the plane 4 hours before playing England at Millennium.

There is also the build up time, etc.

Personally I think Bellamy should STFU, a four nations plus adding build up is only two weeks shorter.

Billythekid

First Grade
Cronk, Smith and Slater were all struggling at the end of the season. If they didn't want to play maybe they shouldn't have. Cherry-evans, Inglis and Farah were all waiting for those spots anyway. They seem to be fighting pretty hard for their spots and i doubt they mind the paycheck so harden the f*ck up.

Bellamy should be more concerned about how we rest our players during the regular season (i.e maybe Smith shouldn't play 80 minutes as much as he does during the regular season).

Why do these complaints almost unanimously come from the aussies?

adamkungl

Immortal
Bellamy's a f**kwit. Take the hint from your mentor Bennett and do something positive for the game for once Craig.

Brutus

Referee
I remember that Liz Ellis (ex netball captain with a few friends) was on one of the nightly shows that 7 had during the Union wc of 03 and she constantly bagged RL the whole tournament even though it was a union event, lost a lot of respect for the netballers that year considering RL is far bigger and she couldn't wait to line up and continue to have shots.

She is an absolute horror and so is her moron of a dad.

Brutus

Referee
Bellamy has gone down massively in my estimations after reading that.

An NRL-centric f**ktard.

deluded pom?

Coach
I've long held my suspicions, but Craig Bellamy has now confirmed that Australians generally cannot do basic arithmetic....

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...league-world-cup/story-e6frf3ou-1226771627127

Who keeps profiteering this 8 weeks figure?! The tournament goes for 5 weeks and they arrived in England a week and a half before it started.

Sick of the lets just have the top 4 nations crap as well......don't we already do that during non world cup years?.....they only go for 7 weeks though :sarcasm:

Would Bellamy be whinging if Slater hadn't been injured? We never heard a peep from him when Luke Lewis got crocked. As others have said he doesn't have to play his stars for every minute of every match. Having your best players play rep football is an occupational hazard for a coach. I think the idea is to rotate your players and try to keep them as fresh as you can not run them into the ground and then whinge because they are fatigued. If Bellamy can't stand the heat then he should feckoff and let someone else have a go. A four team World Cup FFS. It's 2013 not 1954.

morningstar

Juniors
I'd be more concerned about your comprehension than Aussie arithmetic. He said the team was, or will be in England for 8 weeks, not playing 8 weeks of world cup football.

The Kangaroos did not step of the plane 4 hours before playing England at Millennium.

There is also the build up time, etc.

Personally I think Bellamy should STFU, a four nations plus adding build up is only two weeks shorter.

Touched a nerve did I? Check my original post, I acknowledged that they arrived in the UK a week and a half before the tourney started. Still doesn't add up to 8 weeks;-)

Paullyboy

Coach
If you really want to get pedantic there's also 4 or so days lost to travel (when both legs are counted), they aren't going to fly out as soon as the full time whistle will be blown and given you'd already allowed for about 6 and a half weeks already - 8 weeks becomes a sensible number

Kurt Angle

First Grade
I would suspect eight weeks means the time Slater, Cronk and Smith are absent from Melbourne.

I understand your need to feel clever but you're failing miserably. Young kids may read this forum and the more concerned of us feel that their development be impaired by your 'special' insights.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bellamy has gone down massively in my estimations after reading that.

An NRL-centric f**ktard.

I always rated Bellamy but to put bad press on one of the greatest RL tournaments on the eve of the final is unforgivable. We have enough people bagging the game off at every opportunity without our own doing so as well.

Brutus

Referee
Can someone please tell ex-cricketer Stuart Clark to f**k off.

Can't stand the prick.

Latest posts