What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC Warm Up: Aus v Fiji & PNG in Fiji! Oct 14

roughyedspud

Coach
Its 3 x 40 minute halves so each team will play a full 80mins to make the 120min total. If you think fiji and png will treat it like a training run i think you'll be in for a shock. .i think they only have one speed and that's full...it won't be half hearted.

and winning a 40min half means what exactly?

johnny plath

Juniors
in real terms, probably the same as England beating Samoa a few weeks ago... its a hit out preparing for the World cup at the end of the year. For PNG and Fiji, its a hit out against the number 1 ranked team prior to the world cup.

roughyedspud

Coach
Are u f**king serious??

You're comparing a test between the 3rd & 4th ranked teams to a 40min opposed training run???

You stupid,deluded,contemptuous twat!

As opposed to thinking a game against a bunch of pub players is better than a game involving three World Cup squads.

You can call it an opposed training run all you like, it will be 10 times the contest the laughable England game will be.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
As opposed to thinking a game against a bunch of pub players is better than a game involving three World Cup squads.

You can call it an opposed training run all you like, it will be 10 times the contest the laughable England game will be.
Agreed 100% , what a great warm up for png and Fiji , and not playing 80 mins won't bash there confidence too much.

stormbati

Bench
FNRL confirming Hayne and Sutton's availability for Bati World Cup selection.
Would be a strong side if both turned out.

Hayne will play for the Roos based on Wednesday night. No way he won't make the 24.

And Sutton has always backed out.

There's too many half hearted players anyway. Better off picking some locals with potential. The best thing about the 2008 success was the number of no names who were awesome for them. The five eighth and hooker especially.

Coastbloke

Bench
Who was the local Fijian player from their domestic comp that played the Pacific Test last year and scored 3 or 4 tries? Whatever happened to him?

Scubby

Juniors
It might be a bit mischievous here but, as with the PMXIII fixture, this tri-exhibition game I would assume doesn't come under any full test obligations for the ARLC so they won't have to pay the players anything near the match fees they normally get - which is a lot for the Kangaroos .

latingringo101

Juniors
In tournaments like Harmony Cup which the NSWRL/NRL run they play 2 x 10 min halves with full 13 a side matches (one day tournament) with various representative teams.

I've seen tournaments such as the old War at the Shore the AMNRL do it as well.