What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

Raiderdave

First Grade
Some good signs for some of the games there. Why the hell isn't Melbourne sold out already? I checked a couple of times and they haven't even opened one stand yet WTF! They were originally talking about the MCG for this and that is where they should have gone with tickets at $20, $30 and $40 with an aim of getting 50-60k. AAMI is a lazy choice and ticket prices at $140 is pushing it. If you have a modest stadium, not much bigger than Wigan, with a stand closed off it will look shambolic.

the top tier of the stand behind the camera that they're either not selling or is reserved for corporates will rarely be seen wether its full or empty on tv. From reports most of the rest of the grounds tickets in front of the cameras have sold well in excess of 20K
so it'll present quite ok on TV where most people will see it.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
For New Zealand v Samoa, the limited Category B tickets are now sold out. For Category A, of the 11 Bays still on sale, only four have more than single / double seats, with three of these now around 70% full.

For Category C, all the Lower Southern is technically sold out, middle bay of the Upper Southern is full (well for what was released, the back 12 or so rows haven't been released), corner bays on the Grandstand are now almost full.

Still looks like only 3 of the 17 bays are open in the Colin Kay Stand which means 5,822 seats not on sale yet?

Apart from that all other areas look to be selling rather well. Looks like minimal seats left on the East stand less the two bays not open on half way?

At least the Kiwis are final in the news now...On TV3 last night they were the number one Sports News item and the second for TV1. Interesting to see how much the media attention the All Whites will get with their World Cup Qualifying match in Wellington on the same night as the Kiwis vs Tonga match. They sold 25,000 tickets yesterday along for their match against Peru.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Bays in the top tier for the opener now available, all seats now available in the top tier on the other side. I would hope this is in readiness for a week long push with promotion leading into the game.
If the Storm can get 30k this should be easy to fill, heres hoping for a surge in sales in the lead up.

Burns

First Grade
Rather concerned now on the number of tickets to sell in Melbourne. Had assumed that the Western Upper Tier was going to be either sold already/or reserved for sponsorship etc sections.

yakstorm

First Grade
Still looks like only 3 of the 17 bays are open in the Colin Kay Stand which means 5,822 seats not on sale yet?

Bays 4 & 5 in the Upper Stand and Bays 13 & 14 had previously sold out, so there was 7 of 19 Bays arguably sold.

Bays 10, 11 & 12 have just been put on sale for Mt Smart which is another encouraging sign.

So only Bays 7, 8, 9, 16, 17, 27 & 24U are the only Bays left to be released (although I think 24U is being held back for a sponsor promotion)

Also encouraging, as Hoofhearted mentioned, Bays 86, 87 & 88 have been put on sale at Melbourne, so we're finally selling into the Western Upper.

yakstorm

First Grade
Rather concerned now on the number of tickets to sell in Melbourne. Had assumed that the Western Upper Tier was going to be either sold already/or reserved for sponsorship etc sections.

Guess the one plus is we know there are enough sports fans & Storm fans in Melbourne to pack out AAMI Park, so with the events being done in Federation Square, etc, we can still get there, but it is not a small task.

morningstar

Juniors

Bit of a worry. Looking on ticketek though, there are only 3-4 rows available in each of the bays they have now opened in the upper western stand.

Stallion

First Grade
I doubt category A tickets would have been $140 a pop at the G though!

That's a ridiculous price! These guys have no feel for the good of the game! They just don't get it as far putting rugby league in a good light with a sold out crowd instead of a cash grab for short term gain!

adamkungl

Immortal
That's a ridiculous price! These guys have no feel for the good of the game! They just don't get it as far putting rugby league in a good light with a sold out crowd instead of a cash grab for short term gain!

It's the 2nd biggest game of the tournament!
It will sell out and the RLIF will cash in. Making a healthy profit from the WC is literally the opposite of short term gain.

Stallion

First Grade
Cat A B and C tickets to the Grand Final were all over $200, the best ones over $400

That's nonsensical! Are they aware that if you give a little you gain a lot? When I say give a little, I'm meaning that lower priced tickets will see a rugby league game sold out early and an assured full house atmosphere. The public in turn take a more positive outlook on the game overall. It maintains its status as a game of the people and a popular game at that!

adamkungl

Immortal
Prices should be as high as they can while still selling out.
It's standard club games that are overpriced - where do they get off selling tickets for $30 when there are 65,000 free seats?

Stallion

First Grade
Prices should be as high as they can while still selling out.
It's standard club games that are overpriced - where do they get off selling tickets for $30 when there are 65,000 free seats?

I completely agree with the club prices! However this tournament should not be looking to price gouge fans. Its the game on show to the world! Full houses everywhere looks a lot better than half full grounds in my books!