What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rn23 v Newcastle team list thread

Gronk

Staff member
Looks like we are worried about crowd numbers bc of the stupid 6pm kick off.

Forty20

First Grade
6:00PM is a terrible time slot for any Sydney team. It only really works for the Warriors given the difference in time zones.

I think it is a cute initiative from the club. Costs nothing but it makes for a neat promotion. Given all the recent media hype surrounding us, looking to tap into it a little bit to offset a shitty time slot isn't a bad idea, in my opinion.

*Edit* If the club really want to commit to light hearted promotion shenanigans like this then I better bloody get a follow up email from Manu Ma'u midweek to pass on to bosses everywhere that Parra fans are to be let off work early on Friday - no ifs or buts.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree. Nrl and tv rights are silly.

Should be 2 games at 4 on a sunday with a replay at 6 on fox.
Id also have two games at 730 on a saturday night. With the veiwers choice to select and replay.
Fanactics will watch both games while most normal people only watch 2 or 3 games a week . Most only watch their team play.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
Supposing Bevan is rested as BA mentioned last night on Fox Weekly Round Up, what do we think of the options:

Hoffman off a long spell
Norman pushing Takz into halves with Moses
Davis and no shuffle, is he even a FB option these days?
Tuha reward for two seasons effort and coming up against his old club?

I'd personally like to see Tuha and not mess with the halves, I dont see a lot of Wenty but what I have seen I have liked Tuha's effort. That said I cannot attest for his defence, high ball or positioning?

Gronk

Staff member
Supposing Bevan is rested as BA mentioned last night on Fox Weekly Round Up, what do we think of the options:

Hoffman off a long spell
Norman pushing Takz into halves with Moses
Davis and no shuffle, is he even a FB option these days?
Tuha reward for two seasons effort and coming up against his old club?

I'd personally like to see Tuha and not mess with the halves, I dont see a lot of Wenty but what I have seen I have liked Tuha's effort. That said I cannot attest for his defence, high ball or positioning?

Hoff is an international fullback. No brainer.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
Hoff is an international fullback. No brainer.

Was an Int'l player! (Was it at fullback?) You're prob right, the only doubt I have is fitness across the entire 80 mins. Knights will not be a push over after 2 wins and we will need the strike from fullback as we so heavily rely on.

Chipmunk

Coach
Agree. Nrl and tv rights are silly.

Should be 2 games at 4 on a sunday with a replay at 6 on fox.
Id also have two games at 730 on a saturday night. With the veiwers choice to select and replay.

Fanactics will watch both games while most normal people only watch 2 or 3 games a week . Most only watch their team play.

This is close to the stupidest suggestion I've ever heard.

Fox would probably drop their funds by about a 1/4 to the NRL I'd say.

Chipmunk

Coach
*Edit* If the club really want to commit to light hearted promotion shenanigans like this then I better bloody get a follow up email from Manu Ma'u midweek to pass on to bosses everywhere that Parra fans are to be let off work early on Friday - no ifs or buts.

I expect it to come from Mannah and I expect it to be along the lines of "please...it would be nice...pretty please...it could really help...please...I'm begging you...it's just this one time....please"

eels_fan

First Grade
Yep, first week of finals v warriors. Think it was the final 20 mins or so... we were up by about 40 points from memory