What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd # 15 Souths vs Titans

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Turner was mainly responsible for letting in 2 tries. He let the Titan offload to Politoni and he stuck his foot out unnecessarily.

All he did at lock was was make 6 for 53m with a knock on too plus let 2 tries in and fall off tackles or get carried by the Titans.

He disappointed me.

Turner didn't make anywhere near enough hit ups or metres.

turner is a dud.....Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
It was Turner and Tom's fault.

Also like Gould said he shouldn't have stuck his foot out. It's a recipe for disaster!!!!!!!!!

I think Turner doesn't have enough strength and struggles at times to put opponents down.

But yes George was much worse.

I thought Tom went ok!!!!!!!

When Sam comes back Turner goes back into his prop role!!!!! He's no good at lock or second row imo. His best position is prop and he must bulk up a bit more.

kyle turners best position is in a stmerge jumper .

JetRider

Juniors
Adam definitely is lacking confidence and does not look as fit either. The twins had their moments but also look like their tired most of the time and need more energy to their game, when they get it together they will be unstoppable.

Defence is the issue as much as anything and we need more urgency in that area.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Adam definitely is lacking confidence and does not look as fit either. The twins had their moments but also look like their tired most of the time and need more energy to their game, when they get it together they will be unstoppable.

Defence is the issue as much as anything and we need more urgency in that area.

To be fair to Adam though. If he's skipping training sessions because of injury of course fitness is gonna drop!

ThingFish

Juniors
Rumour also is that AJ will be fullback next season. Time will tell...............

Yeah, I just watched my recorded 9 commentary, and Gus said AJ will be our Fullback next year as GI has requested a position change.

I'm assuming centre, so a Gagi/GI centre combo would be pretty awesome.

DiegoNT

First Grade
The problem is that if the twins are off-loaded then we may lose Sam.
Would that actually be a problem?
I know plenty in here think it's impossible to win without sam, but he Isn't the be all and end all of all the players. Sharks and storm played a gf last year without sam, Broncos and cowboys the year before.
Getting rid of the twins and having 2 good front rowers and then using sams money to buy a half decent lock would be better for the club than having sam have to bust a gut dragging the twin anchors

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Would that actually be a problem?
I know plenty in here think it's impossible to win without sam, but he Isn't the be all and end all of all the players. Sharks and storm played a gf last year without sam, Broncos and cowboys the year before.
Getting rid of the twins and having 2 good front rowers and then using sams money to buy a half decent lock would be better for the club than having sam have to bust a gut dragging the twin anchors

Sam is the key to keeping Crichton. However you feel about him most of the young forwards look up to him because week in week out he puts in more effort than a few of our forwards combined! 800k is a small price to pay for someone that basically does 50% of the forwards work. Many commentators, footy professionals, current players have stated this year that Sam has literally carried our team this year. You don't get a replacement for 800k that does as much work as Sam does. You could even see in the opening of our game how much we missed Sam in the middle. Turner did a great job but he is no Sam. Sam would of definitely stopped that offload leading to the first try and he wouldn't be letting Konrad hurrel gain 15-20 metres per run. We beat a Titans reserve grade side last night. To say we could live without Sam is quite a statement!

Whilst I do agree with you on the twins there's nothing we can do until their contracts are up anyway. What club is gonna be dumb enough to pay 500k for one of those guys? There is no point in paying for part of their salaries to go somewhere else. The only solution for the twins is to bear with them until their contracts are over and then offer them a significant amount less (250-300k sounds about fair) than they're currently getting. If they're not satisfied with that offer then let them go but Sam can't say we didn't try that way. I'm all about keeping Sam but I'm not too keen on the twins either.

Pommy

Coach
I don't buy that if we offload the twins then we could lose Sam.
Sam is a top player and he wants to win things. He left all 3 of his brothers, his mother and the code to move to the other side of the world and do exactly that when he went to union.
Sam might not be a rocket scientist but I'm sure he will understand the twins have to move on.

Once we offload them and get GI back or the cap space he accounts for we will be a totally different team. Even having other forwards to take the workload off Sam will improve his gameplay I'm sure.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Yeah, I just watched my recorded 9 commentary, and Gus said AJ will be our Fullback next year as GI has requested a position change.

I'm assuming centre, so a Gagi/GI centre combo would be pretty awesome.
I realise Gus said this but I don't really believe it.
If Aj is our fullback next year then why as hell wouldn't he be our fullback now?
He would have a whole season under his belt?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I realise Gus said this but I don't really believe it.
If Aj is our fullback next year then why as hell wouldn't he be our fullback now?
He would have a whole season under his belt?

I was thinking about that and I came to the conclusion that it's because we have no quality outside backs currently ready for first grade. Burns, gray and AJ are our only first grade wingers. Next year it's proposed that we will be signing quality wingers.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Sam is the key to keeping Crichton. However you feel about him most of the young forwards look up to him because week in week out he puts in more effort than a few of our forwards combined! 800k is a small price to pay for someone that basically does 50% of the forwards work. Many commentators, footy professionals, current players have stated this year that Sam has literally carried our team this year. You don't get a replacement for 800k that does as much work as Sam does. You could even see in the opening of our game how much we missed Sam in the middle. Turner did a great job but he is no Sam. Sam would of definitely stopped that offload leading to the first try and he wouldn't be letting Konrad hurrel gain 15-20 metres per run. We beat a Titans reserve grade side last night. To say we could live without Sam is quite a statement!

Whilst I do agree with you on the twins there's nothing we can do until their contracts are up anyway. What club is gonna be dumb enough to pay 500k for one of those guys? There is no point in paying for part of their salaries to go somewhere else. The only solution for the twins is to bear with them until their contracts are over and then offer them a significant amount less (250-300k sounds about fair) than they're currently getting. If they're not satisfied with that offer then let them go but Sam can't say we didn't try that way. I'm all about keeping Sam but I'm not too keen on the twins either.

My post wasn't meant to come off as anti Sam.
Like pommy said, it's not likely Sam would leave if the Twins were released. He has done his own thing his whole career.
But even if he did, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Sam, like any player, is replaceable. We not get as good a lock as sam, but that would be offset by the gains we get from upgrading at prop for the twins.
My post was aimed at the twins. They are fast becoming a huge problem. When people defend Sam they always go 'he isn't getting much help' yet the 2 next highest paid forwards at the club contribute almost nothing. The fact that those 2 are connected to Sam has an impact. It's almost got to the stage were it would be worth paying half there wage to play elsewhere. At least then you can bring in another cherrington or rochow at half the price. As crazy as it sounds, losing Sam as a cost for losing the twins ( again, like pommy said, still unlikely) is fast becoming worth it. Even if you believe Sam is the best forward in the game, it's not going to overcome the negatives of Tom and George. If Sam is a 10/10, then George atm is a 2/10 and Tom is about a 4/10. So our middle would be worth 16/30. If we lost sam and got an 8/10 for the same price and got a 7 and an 8 out of 10 props then our middle would be 23/30.
Put it this way, if we swapped Sam for Tim Glasby you'd say it was a crazy deal. Tim doesn't come close to the player that sam is. It's not even a conversation worth having. But if you swapped The burgii for Galsby, McLean and Bromwich them suddenly you are now way ahead in that deal.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
My post wasn't meant to come off as anti Sam.
Like pommy said, it's not likely Sam would leave if the Twins were released. He has done his own thing his whole career.
But even if he did, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Sam, like any player, is replaceable. We not get as good a lock as sam, but that would be offset by the gains we get from upgrading at prop for the twins.
My post was aimed at the twins. They are fast becoming a huge problem. When people defend Sam they always go 'he isn't getting much help' yet the 2 next highest paid forwards at the club contribute almost nothing. The fact that those 2 are connected to Sam has an impact. It's almost got to the stage were it would be worth paying half there wage to play elsewhere. At least then you can bring in another cherrington or rochow at half the price. As crazy as it sounds, losing Sam as a cost for losing the twins ( again, like pommy said, still unlikely) is fast becoming worth it. Even if you believe Sam is the best forward in the game, it's not going to overcome the negatives of Tom and George. If Sam is a 10/10, then George atm is a 2/10 and Tom is about a 4/10. So our middle would be worth 16/30. If we lost sam and got an 8/10 for the same price and got a 7 and an 8 out of 10 props then our middle would be 23/30.
Put it this way, if we swapped Sam for Tim Glasby you'd say it was a crazy deal. Tim doesn't come close to the player that sam is. It's not even a conversation worth having. But if you swapped The burgii for Galsby, McLean and Bromwich them suddenly you are now way ahead in that deal.

Yeah you make a very point tbh! The Burgess twins are holding our team back significantly but do you think it's because they're lacking confidence? You can still see glimpses of their hard hitting runs in every match! I personally would hate the idea of paying them money to leave just for them to find form again and destroy us when they play against us! It's crazy though if we got rid of the twins we could of kept Nathan brown and Dylan walker. How does that look on your roster?

DiegoNT

First Grade
Yeah you make a very point tbh! The Burgess twins are holding our team back significantly but do you think it's because they're lacking confidence? You can still see glimpses of their hard hitting runs in every match! I personally would hate the idea of paying them money to leave just for them to find form again and destroy us when they play against us! It's crazy though if we got rid of the twins we could of kept Nathan brown and Dylan walker. How does that look on your roster?

I would rather them leave and find form at another club then continually underperform for us

JetRider

Juniors
The twins have a lot of potential and we tend to forget how young they still are also noting that forwards are better as they age.

Give them more time and teach them to step and unload, if we bring George's game back to 2014 we will see the best out of all three. There on our books so let's be smarter on how we use them.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
The twins have a lot of potential and we tend to forget how young they still are also noting that forwards are better as they age.

Give them more time and teach them to step and unload, if we bring George's game back to 2014 we will see the best out of all three. There on our books so let's be smarter on how we use them.
Perhaps an experienced prop to mentor them both would help improve their form

Pommy

Coach
I would rather them leave and find form at another club then continually underperform for us

I think it's the only way they are finished at Souths.
They need a change of scenery and coach just to shake them up. They have talent but just percivering with the current situation is damaging Souths, the twins and England.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think it's the only way they are finished at Souths.
They need a change of scenery and coach just to shake them up. They have talent but just percivering with the current situation is damaging Souths, the twins and England.

England can't get anymore damaged ;)

Latest posts